What's new

[WIP - Full] Succubus Rhapsodia (English) - Plains, Hills, and Cages Edition

Cyflan

Reputation score
Yeah, not having any luck either.
I'd be fine with just the UI translation working properly on a more current mod version, but that has problems, too.

Text hooking works fine on all the dialogue, but not on the UI.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You can translate the game with Mtool by installing the entire mod and then running Mtool on the whole program. The issue is that the game is so dated that is runs very poorly and the translation itself has some errors.

Haroga

Reputation score
Hey! I've recently stumbled upon this game, but I've been having trouble trying to navigate the various threads and websites to figure out how to actually install it and make it work. If anyone has five minutes, can they write up a quick explanation of how to get an English version of this game in as complete a form as possible? Thank you so much if you can help out!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Hey! I've recently stumbled upon this game, but I've been having trouble trying to navigate the various threads and websites to figure out how to actually install it and make it work. If anyone has five minutes, can they write up a quick explanation of how to get an English version of this game in as complete a form as possible? Thank you so much if you can help out!
Were you unable to read the instructions in the first post?

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The instructions in the first post are no longer applicable, last updated 2022 but the two people in charge of this project disappeared after that. This is a game unlike any other i've seen that requires a specific version of the game and then a rather complicated installation process with the mod with an external program that integrates it. I put alot of effort than most would into trying to get it to work but ultimately i just ended up finding a recent version of the prepatched game with the mod file on F95 and then using Mtool to translate it.

As i said before the game has an incredible number of issues including wonky hooking of the translation particularly in combat, the sheer size of the mod seems to overwhelm the capabilities of the original game platform which makes it very laggy and unenjoyable.

My suggestion is that you play the base game with mtool first to see if its something you would be able to tolerate, because even without the extra baggage of the mod, the game runs like crap due to it's age and spaghetti code.

Finally i should also note that the dev 'Dreamania' is in the middle of creating Succubus Rhapsodia 2, this time on Unity. That game should have a combat system that is similiar or identical to that of this game without the same kind of engine problems this one does.

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
The instructions in the first post are no longer applicable, last updated 2022 but the two people in charge of this project disappeared after that. This is a game unlike any other i've seen that requires a specific version of the game and then a rather complicated installation process with the mod with an external program that integrates it. I put alot of effort than most would into trying to get it to work but ultimately i just ended up finding a recent version of the prepatched game with the mod file on F95 and then using Mtool to translate it.

As i said before the game has an incredible number of issues including wonky hooking of the translation particularly in combat, the sheer size of the mod seems to overwhelm the capabilities of the original game platform which makes it very laggy and unenjoyable.

My suggestion is that you play the base game with mtool first to see if its something you would be able to tolerate, because even without the extra baggage of the mod, the game runs like crap due to it's age and spaghetti code.

Finally i should also note that the dev 'Dreamania' is in the middle of creating Succubus Rhapsodia 2, this time on Unity. That game should have a combat system that is similiar or identical to that of this game without the same kind of engine problems this one does.
A shame that Unity can't be MTool'd.
I recall asking the dev about a translation for the 2nd, which still won't happen simply because it's not something they can really do.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
A shame that Unity can't be MTool'd.
I recall asking the dev about a translation for the 2nd, which still won't happen simply because it's not something they can really do.
From what i understand, its very easy to automate a translation in unity, even if the dev doesn't officially create an official translation, it should be pretty easy for someone to just run the program in the translation and get a somewhat legible game, if the dev doesn't do this himself hes just opening himself up to English speaking fans pirating the prepatched version of the game in English rather than buying the game, it should be pretty easy for people to do this themselves if they have any technical ability, i would also bet that a fan translation will come along pretty quickly if SR2 is as good as people think it will be.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
From what i understand, its very easy to automate a translation in unity, even if the dev doesn't officially create an official translation, it should be pretty easy for someone to just run the program in the translation and get a somewhat legible game, if the dev doesn't do this himself hes just opening himself up to English speaking fans pirating the prepatched version of the game in English rather than buying the game, it should be pretty easy for people to do this themselves if they have any technical ability, i would also bet that a fan translation will come along pretty quickly if SR2 is as good as people think it will be.
One issue with Unity translations is dealing with fonts and fonts size.

Oskar1899

Reputation score
After asking, it appears he doesn't care for a english translation. Said it'd be too difficult for him. Looks like it'll be up to someone else. I have my own unity translator but I'd prefer someone else's since it's always better than a machines. Wish I knew what happened with the translators here but the radio silence was just that.