• Marvel

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Dark Horse Comics

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters

batman21

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Am a huuuuuuugggggeeeee comic book fan ive read DC Comics, Marvel and Dark Horse Comics and i want to know what do you guys love most it can be comics or it can also be mangas anime and TV shows this i may found new ways to find new content to read ill do a poll to see witch comic book brand you guys love the most

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: ALRIGHT DC OR MARVEL

Now this is a tough one. While I do like Marvel for Antman, Iron Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy, the collective stuff I've seen from Marvel is kinda meh. However, I really do like DC a lot, but Superman is just too much of a glaring thing I hate about DC and it kinda turns me off of the DC universe. However, overall, I still think I like DC better because of all the characters I like and how interesting the characters and stories are, except for Superman's.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm going with Marvel, specifically because it has two of my favorite capes: Spiderman and Deadpool.

I've seen some humanizing and awesome scenes from DC but just not enough.

Probably the only thing from Dark Horse that I'm interested in is Hellboy.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't read comics, but I prefer Marvel. Why? I like the theme of people trying to be heroes over heroes trying to be people. Besides all of DC's heroes are over-powered, how am I supposed to suspend disbelief?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Am a huuuuuuugggggeeeee comic book fan ive read DC Comics, Marvel and Dark Horse Comics and i want to know what do you guys love most it can be comics or it can also be mangas anime and TV shows this i may found new ways to find new content to read ill do a poll to see witch comic book brand you guys love the most

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Which ones aside from Superman?
The Flash. Martian Manhunter. Captain Marvel. All of the other characters who are as powerful as Superman but with other stuff stapled on to make them a tiny bit different. The Specter or whatever the weird ghost-y spirit of vengeance guy was, I don't remember exactly I haven't read anything with him in it in like 10 years. Batman. DC writers are kind of super derp about trying to make their characters THE MOSTEST POWERFULLEST EVAR, and have a tendency to just spurt numbers/words onto the page when trying to describe how powerful someone is, without really trying to comprehend what those numbers/words actually mean. Marvel does it too, but theirs are a bit more down to earth in general and they tended to do it less often back when I read comics.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Actually reading comics?
Although I guess DHC are okay because they published Berserk and GitS. Even though I've never actually read a single physical copy due to living in Europe.
Those Franco-Belgian comic magazines like Tintin and Spirou however? Love them.

Atmo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Nothing western.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

I like d.c, the story lines are beast, but i give it to marvel due to the fact the characters still retain some humanity and are not some god status character. C'mon superman is so op that his comic book version can recreate a universe,absorb the sun, break all laws of phisics and i bet he could bitch slap goku

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Which ones aside from Superman?
Haha, when I wrote my post I was kind of expecting someone to ask this. Then :

The Flash. Martian Manhunter. Captain Marvel. All of the other characters who are as powerful as Superman but with other stuff stapled on to make them a tiny bit different. The Specter or whatever the weird ghost-y spirit of vengeance guy was, I don't remember exactly I haven't read anything with him in it in like 10 years. Batman. DC writers are kind of super derp about trying to make their characters THE MOSTEST POWERFULLEST EVAR, and have a tendency to just spurt numbers/words onto the page when trying to describe how powerful someone is, without really trying to comprehend what those numbers/words actually mean. Marvel does it too, but theirs are a bit more down to earth in general and they tended to do it less often back when I read comics.
Christ, The Flash was the first one to pop into my mind too. In fact I think he might be WORSE than superman, at one point (and I'm unsure if this holds true currently) the same Flash existed in and perceived multiple realities simultaneously. Super speed is fine, but fuck me how would a human brain be able to handle the input of THAT? But he does, so I can't believe someone like that would ever really lose to a villain.

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Superman has been toned significantly down from the Silver Age, and he's always been vulnerable to magic, for one thing. Captain Marvel wasn't even invented by DC, they just bought the lisence when the original publisher went bust. He's also technically twelve years old.

I do agree that DC has entirely too many Flying Bricks, though. But then Thor and Sentry or Hyperion is on the level of most of them, so Marvel isn't exactly immune to Flying Brick syndrome either.

Christ, The Flash was the first one to pop into my mind too. In fact I think he might be WORSE than superman, at one point (and I'm unsure if this holds true currently) the same Flash existed in and perceived multiple realities simultaneously. Super speed is fine, but fuck me how would a human brain be able to handle the input of THAT? But he does, so I can't believe someone like that would ever really lose to a villain.
Knowing Flash continuity, this was probably one of those crazy instances with the Speed Force that he has little to no control over.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not ragging on DC, they've got some good stuff and I like their graphic novels (But oh my god, too much Frank Miller [shit, that's where I got this proclivity for these side-text bubbles]) and The Flash is one of my favorite superheroes. Just saying at the end of the day I can believe that Spiderman might not be able to beat Venom this time, whereas I know Batman's just going to steel-will anything that comes his way like a boss and that makes for a more interesting read.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Sadly my only experience with comics is more or less whatever Atop the Forth Wall is setting to cinders every week.

OP
batman21

batman21

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Actually reading comics?
Although I guess DHC are okay because they published Berserk and GitS. Even though I've never actually read a single physical copy due to living in Europe.
Those Franco-Belgian comic magazines like Tintin and Spirou however? Love them.
I am a huge Herger fan myself i have alot of Tintin books and I found that the movie they made was awsome

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not ragging on DC, they've got some good stuff and I like their graphic novels (But oh my god, too much Frank Miller [shit, that's where I got this proclivity for these side-text bubbles])
Oh god, Frank Miller. He made some good stuff, but Christ he went off the deep end.

Sadly my only experience with comics is more or less whatever Atop the Forth Wall is setting to cinders every week.
AT4W is pretty good. It's been a while since I followed it weekly, but I drop by every now and then. I just wish he didn't get too much into the storylines, because I just can't be arsed to keep up with them. :/

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Speaking of liking Marvel more than DC, a recent Death Battle put the two series speedsters against each other: Quicksilver vs the Flash. Now, Quicksilver is awesome but the Flash has been set up to be better by a measure of magnitude to a degree that was ridiculous. I'm betting the only reason he can process things in an... what was it... yottasecond is because the writers looked up measurements of time, went straight to the bottom and said "That, he can do that."

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score