What's new

Anime scharing Virus

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Anime scharing Virus

I wonder how will you feel when your pc will get encryption-locked and you'll be asked to pay monies for the decryption-key to unlock it. :rolleyes:
Well, good luck.
You'll need it by the looks of it.

Your ignorence is bliss right?
Seriously dont attempt to talk about stuff you clearly know nothing about.

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Your ignorence is bliss right?
Seriously dont attempt to talk about stuff you clearly know nothing about.
Yes master, i'll do as you command. :D
PS: "I didnt want to have to do this but you forced my hand. -b00marrows"
Thanks for another trophy, i got many now. :D

Last edited:

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I wonder how will you feel when your pc will get encryption-locked and you'll be asked to pay monies for the decryption-key to unlock it. :rolleyes:
Well, good luck.
Actualy the ransomware is pretty rare in the clear web. It usualy only happended if your browsing deep web or some sort like that, that is why i said be smart when surfing on the net. If you know that web is too suspicious than dont open it.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I have 0 anti-virus. Guess how many times my comp has been infected? I'll give you a hint: The number can be found in my opening sentence.

Actualy the ransomware is pretty rare in the clear web. It usualy only happended if your browsing deep web or some sort like that, that is why i said be smart when surfing on the net. If you know that web is too suspicious than dont open it.
It's pretty common in junk e-mail and directed attacks on government facilities. If employees weren't idiots, it wouldn't be a problem.

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Problems usually start when you don't know though.
Those things get released every day, you can never be too careful. :)

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, good luck.
You mean the FBI Moneypak ransom-ware right? I've had that happen on a different computer when my main one was down. I had to try all sorts of shit to work my way to the Control Panel and create a new user account and delete the infected one. From my experience, that thing disables safe mode too.

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Biggest flaw in every security system are the people themselves.

Then again, there are people without any antiviruses/firewalls and their PCs aren't infected. It all depends where you venture in the web and a little distance to everything before clicking/downloading >_>

And you still can have "the best" security and get infected by shit because you were drunk when you downloaded that "my_sexy_pics.pdf" and disabled antivirus because it was deleting it :p

Threads like that are good, spread awareness. You can't keep yourself out of everything that can harm your pc, but you can significantly decrease chance of that happening.

Well, that and having a backup drive that isn't connected to your pc 24/7.

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That reminds me of ads that spread all kinds of shit.
All those sites claiming "we nId zis sh3t to survive" maybe find a better way to "survive" then.
One that doesn't infect your visitors pc with some crap, preferably.
Man ad blockers are the invention of gods. :D

autizboyz

Reputation score

If you scare about your hard drive being infected, you dont need to install your system there. Hard drive is act as a memory so you don't realy need to install your OS there, you can always install you're OS on a flashdrive where it could be more safer than in hard drive.

If you install your OS in a flashdrive and incase you got attacked/infected, you can just throw away those flashdrive since it only operate as your OS. Where are all the data is technically safe in your hard drive. If you don't know how to do that, there are a lot of tutorial to do that, and make your pc a lot safer even without any protection at all.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

One of my friends got that and was shitting his pants.

I was like "You really believe the government is going to waive jail-time for less than hundreds of thousands of dollars? And on a pre-paid card from walmart?".

Unplugged his network, shut down the comp, re-booted and opened the task manager. The dumbass splash-screen is a fucking IE window that's locked open, all I had to do was kill IE's process and re-start it to get to where I could clean it off. This was a few years ago though.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If you install your OS in a flashdrive and incase you got attacked/infected, you can just throw away those flashdrive since it only operate as your OS. Where are all the data is technically safe in your hard drive. If you don't know how to do that, there are a lot of tutorial to do that, and make your pc a lot safer even without any protection at all.
Wait... wait, wait...
You don't mean booting it from external ssd/hdd via usb/esata?

Because that's how it sounds and tbh if you get hit by some encrypting crap, it will map all connected drives (not only on that machine but network ones too) and having portable OS won't do shit.
Even worse, going around with infected portable OS gives a bigger chance of spreading anything.

I would rather just go with virtualization of other OS as it gives better defense when dealing with such stuff. Then again, even if guest shouldn't be able to see it's host, infection from emulated machine isn't impossible, just very unlikely.

For average Joe proper antivirus/firewall combo is sufficient as long as it's updated.

By the way... this reminded me of a story (2 years ago?) when friend of mine was boasting that his unlock pattern is so complicated no one will repeat it after seeing it or by smears on screen. I asked if I can take a look. After a while I gave him his phone unlocked. He asked "HOW?!".
I didn't know his pattern, I just entered it incorrectly until it locked itself asking for pin to unlock. Ofc, pin was 0000 by default as he didn't change that.
Safety measures didn't fail, user did. :D

autizboyz

Reputation score

Wait... wait, wait...
You don't mean booting it from external ssd/hdd via usb/esata?

Because that's how it sounds and tbh if you get hit by some encrypting crap, it will map all connected drives (not only on that machine but network ones too) and having portable OS won't do shit.
Even worse, going around with infected portable OS gives a bigger chance of spreading anything.
Actualy it's the other way around, if you're talking about ransomware it usualy host in the operating os and lock your os to get access (Which is why i say it would be safer if you use flashdrive as your operating system).

, but the most common are Locker ransomware and Encrypting ransomware. And they both are only host on the operating system (Which is didn't get all the full mapping of your pc). There are still a way more cruel type of ransomware which is gain access to all map of your pc (But the chance to get infected by that kind of ransomware is pretty rare unless you are an important person or company)

This is based what i read in deep web white hat forum, they share knowledge about it.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Actualy it's the other way around, if you're talking about ransomware it usualy host in the operating os and lock your os to get access (Which is why i say it would be safer if you use flashdrive as your operating system).

, but the most common are Locker ransomware and Encrypting ransomware. And they both are only host on the operating system (Which is didn't get all the full mapping of your pc). There are still a way more cruel type of ransomware which is gain access to all map of your pc (But the chance to get infected by that kind of ransomware is pretty rare unless you are an important person or company)

This is based what i read in deep web white hat forum, they share knowledge about it.
So what happened to searching for specific file types and encrypting those? Because this is one of ways that I am aware of.

But I think I do know what did you mean by keeping OS "external". Just dropping OS on it's on drive, everything else is stored elsewhere. Every installed program, etc. So in case of infection, you just format that drive and drop backup copy of it.
But... but... "Whatever you can see, I can see, whatever you can touch, I can touch." describes rather well spreading. Plus, I am sticking to Windows OS here, where in most cases, users are admins by default.

So, what happens if source of infection isn't on your OS that's on another drive but somewhere in data storage? Every new OS will get infected like previous one.
And yes, I am not talking about ones that just show big splash screen, without doing anything else, as those are easy to deal with.
I only have in mind ones that are harmful, encrypting files, making you just give up.

autizboyz

Reputation score

So what happened to searching for specific file types and encrypting those? Because this is one of ways that I am aware of.

But I think I do know what did you mean by keeping OS "external". Just dropping OS on it's on drive, everything else is stored elsewhere. Every installed program, etc. So in case of infection, you just format that drive and drop backup copy of it.
But... but... "Whatever you can see, I can see, whatever you can touch, I can touch." describes rather well spreading. Plus, I am sticking to Windows OS here, where in most cases, users are admins by default.

So, what happens if source of infection isn't on your OS that's on another drive but somewhere in data storage? Every new OS will get infected like previous one.
And yes, I am not talking about ones that just show big splash screen, without doing anything else, as those are easy to deal with.
I only have in mind ones that are harmful, encrypting files, making you just give up.
So let's just say the ransomware is targeted the windows lock screen called lockscreen inside your windows folder(as far as i know windows folder is in whereever you install your windows is in this case let's just say you use external hd/flashdrive as your os), the virus maker will make command to targeted that folder. The first priority of that virus is to find that specific file, and that file is locate in your windows folder.

After that first command done and found the file, the virus will initiate another command, that will decrypt and encrypt it with a new somekind of password to gain access. After that command is done the pc will just stuck in lockscreen limbo untill you pay the ransom. So in logic most of ransomware is targeted something is "inside" the windows folder, it wont search anywhere else beside windows folder, unless it's the advance one like after the virus done locking your pc to get access it will make your external hd and stuff to get locked too (the chance you encounter this advance virus is pretty slim unless as i said your a big company or important person)

I never got infected by this, but as i wrote previous post im just basing it on what i read from that forum. And judging by the it make sense if it's target specificaly to your windows folder to lock your pc. And it have same principle to lock any other file like doc jpg or anything that important to you.

If the source of the infection like maybe when you download the file (that have the virus) to your external hd, it will only search and lock in those hd. Unless they make a command to search all drive like putting command scan all drive or something like that.

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I will be honest.
I am scratching my head here to try and not sound like a total dickhead.

I think you got most of the stuff kinda wrong.
Cryptolocker didn't attack only big people and big companies, every Joe Schmoe could get infected. Lockscreen wasn't there to keep you out of your files. What did was that, cryptolocker searched for files like .doc, .txt, .jpg, etc and then encrypted them. On everything that it had access to. Creators wanted money for providing decryption key to decrypt those files. Locking screen was more of an information than real problem.
Cryptolocker was doing what I am doing, encrypting my files. Difference was, in case of CL you don't have key to decrypt those.
Link you provided from askleo.com pretty much states the same.
As of today, CL is pretty much dead.

Doesn't mean there aren't clones of it.
Ransomware encrypts your files, even if it is located in windows folder, after encryption you can't do anything until you have the key. Removing ransomwere won't decrypt your files. That crappy lockscreen is more of an information than anything else.

And yes, there are things that try to "mimic" ransomware, using only lockscreen without any encryption (those are still ransomware, crappy, but hostage was taken :D).
Bah, there are ones that get into your router that still does have default password and changes DNS so whatever site you are trying to access won't work (no matter the device as long as it uses same router). Taking your internet hostage :D

Also, searching for files in windows folder? If I wanted to lock someone out of being able to login with winlogon I would just edit registry entries.
That's pretty much all to it.

Also, as of this deep web stuff... Are we talking about onion sites? Because that gives another problem. That site should be listed somewhere, wouldn't mind address for it. If it's not listed, then where did you get address without being part of it? Those aren't cookies to be given out on every occasion.

I am sorry for being super skeptical here, but it looks like "I heard something, I don't fully get it, but ok.". Things like that can easily create more havoc. I don't think you are trying to show off your knowledge or spread disinformation, but lots of it doesn't hold together from security perspective. Sounds more like script kiddies ideas.
This is why I am doubting source of your information.

Did I sound like a dick? I hope not, because that wasn't my intention.

Last edited:

autizboyz

Reputation score

I will be honest.
I am scratching my head here to try and not sound like a total dickhead.

I think you got most of the stuff kinda wrong.
Cryptolocker didn't attack only big people and big companies, every Joe Schmoe could get infected. Lockscreen wasn't there to keep you out of your files. What did was that, cryptolocker searched for files like .doc, .txt, .jpg, etc and then encrypted them. On everything that it had access to. Creators wanted money for providing decryption key to decrypt those files. Locking screen was more of an information than real problem.
Cryptolocker was doing what I am doing, encrypting my files. Difference was, in case of CL you don't have key to decrypt those.
Link you provided from askleo.com pretty much states the same.
As of today, CL is pretty much dead.

Doesn't mean there aren't clones of it.
Ransomware encrypts your files, even if it is located in windows folder, after encryption you can't do anything until you have the key. Removing ransomwere won't decrypt your files. That crappy lockscreen is more of an information than anything else.

And yes, there are things that try to "mimic" ransomware, using only lockscreen without any encryption (those are still ransomware, crappy, but hostage was taken :D).
Bah, there are ones that get into your router that still does have default password and changes DNS so whatever site you are trying to access won't work (no matter the device as long as it uses same router). Taking your internet hostage :D

Also, searching for files in windows folder? If I wanted to lock someone out of being able to login with winlogon I would just edit registry entries.
That's pretty much all to it.

Also, as of this deep web stuff... Are we talking about onion sites? Because that gives another problem. That site should be listed somewhere, wouldn't mind address for it. If it's not listed, then where did you get address without being part of it? Those aren't cookies to be given out on every occasion.

I am sorry for being super skeptical here, but it looks like "I heard something, I don't fully get it, but ok.". Things like that can easily create more havoc. I don't think you are trying to show off your knowledge or spread disinformation, but lots of it doesn't hold together from security perspective. Sounds more like script kiddies ideas.
This is why I am doubting source of your information.

Did I sound like a dick? I hope not, because that wasn't my intention.
Im just making an example that windows locking screen, i know ransomware is targeted doc txt jpg etc, well the point in my previous post was the virus wont search other hd unless the maker make a command to search in all hd.

About onion link the forum is outhere in the onion browser, i cant give you the link because giving onion link in general are bad. You can always try search some white hat link in redit tho.

No it doesnt sound like a dick, and yes my information is not 100% accurate but when you put it all together it make sense. If you make your os on flashdrive/external it much more safer than installing your os on your hardrive, incase you got infected it will buy sometime to remove your hardrive and back up hardrive so it wont infect that hd too. Cuz those virus still take some times to lock all your file.

Then again everything is back to the user it self, ransomware cant just laying around on any website (like adware spyware), the virus it self need to be download and open first before it does it job.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Im just making an example that windows locking screen, i know ransomware is targeted doc txt jpg etc, well the point in my previous post was the virus wont search other hd unless the maker make a command to search in all hd.

About onion link the forum is outhere in the onion browser, i cant give you the link because giving onion link in general are bad. You can always try search some white hat link in redit tho.

No it doesnt sound like a dick, and yes my information is not 100% accurate but when you put it all together it make sense. If you make your os on flashdrive/external it much more safer than installing your os on your hardrive, incase you got infected it will buy sometime to remove your hardrive and back up hardrive so it wont infect that hd too. Cuz those virus still take some times to lock all your file.

Then again everything is back to the user it self, ransomware cant just laying around on any website (like adware spyware), the virus it self need to be download and open first before it does it job.
Sure, any software will only do what it was designed to do. Not arguing here. But stupid designs do stupid things :D

Giving onion addresses of websites that have their addresses visible is bad?
>_>
<_<
Oookeeey, is name of the site also not a good idea?
Can I break this rule? I can't? It's a bad idea? Okey:
hidden wiki -
Let the world burn :D

You see, my problem is with the fact it actually doesn't make sense.
Only way to keep your data safe is to keep it in closed environment, that's not connected to anything.
But, let's go with this idea in the same way you show it:
Ransomware get's on your drive.
It shows a message: I am encrypting your files, pay me!
But encryption starts at this point, giving the user time to act.
This is flawed.
Instead of encrypting files before demanding a pay.

It won't matter where the program itself is located, as long as it have access to same data. It can be on your external OS, but it will still have option to encrypt every file on your every hard drive. Unless it doesn't have access to that, which pretty much means, you also don't have it.

And yes, there are live distros of OSes that work from usb/external drivers, that are encrypted. Like in example: Tails. But reason for those is mostly for anonymity, because as soon as you use them (decrypting in the process) you make it as vulnerable... not to the ransomware but data collecting. Because you can encrypt encrypted files.

I can assure you, that having external drive with only OS will work exactly the same way as having internal drive with only OS on it.
Which makes this whole idea pointless in those terms (there are points to having live distro, but not much in terms of virus infection).

There is much better idea:
OS and all data that can't be re-downloaded is on your 1st drive. You have backup of that drive that isn't connected to your PC 24/7. So if your backups are weekly, last not encrypted/infected copy will be one week old.
Baah, we can go even further and create another backup that is monthly, giving us much bigger chance.
Your games, movies and everything else is stored elsewhere.
This also works great with SSD drives because you can separate data that need fast access with data that doesn't need it (having your movie on SSD is pointless, HDD is more than sufficient and GB/$ ratio is much better).

What I am saying is that whole idea of external OS for protection is flawed and won't do shit.
I will say it again, this is what every virus can say to you on average user's Windows OS:
"What you can see, I can see. What you can touch, I can touch."