What's new

In today's news...

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

CNN is at the level of tabloids sometimes. The reason people dont trust the media is because the media has shown their bias multiple times while pretending they were perfectly unbiased and fair.

Being just mouthpieces for the agenda of whoever is in charge is fine, they are private organisations and they can do that if they want. But then you don't get to pretend you bring objective news and are unbiased, fair, and so on.
And when they do make such claims, it only undermines their credibility more.

It's easy to lose legitimacy, trust, or credibility. But incredibly hard to gain it back once you messed up
And once they lose the trust of the people who they want to be near, this sort of thing happens.

They lose out on their previous privileges of being told when stuff is happening so they can report on it before anyone else.

But hey, at least they'll always have the weird stories to report on, like this

Police say a South Florida man was caught naked driving slowly through a neighborhood with children with electrical wires protruding from his penis.

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's easy to lose legitimacy, trust, or credibility. But incredibly hard to gain it back once you messed up
And once they lose the trust of the people who they want to be near, this sort of thing happens.

They lose out on their previous privileges of being told when stuff is happening so they can report on it before anyone else.
Well, what the fuck are they JOURNALISTS for?! If you don't even know where your PRESIDENT and his successor are going, QUIT your fucking job.

On that note though, doesn't the USA have ANY independent news? In Germany, we have at least one "public" TV channel and radio channel that are paid for by tax-like charges and is held to a certain journalistic standard by the government itself. Granted, you could argue then that the channel's just under government control, but still. The ARD might be musty, but their news are nearly universally trusted (except for the political fringes, who distrust any media that disagrees with them, again going back to my point about facebook and its echo chamber).

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

As far as I know, all media and news in the USA is privately owned

That said, some of them do get funding from government for bringing the news to people.
And there have been known cases where government used this funding/influence to influence the news as well.
Mostly when some policy backfires or there is a thing going on that they want pushed far away from any front pages and minimized. (Iraq war casualties and negative effects immediately following the invasion was one I believe)

In short, it's a mess and there is no way to really rely on the media in the US. For several years or possibly even decades now a lot of them stopped actively investigating, and just wait and report on what gets handed to them or what they get tips for from readers.
There used to be some trust, but now it's at an all time low.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As far as I know, all media and news in the USA is privately owned

That said, some of them do get funding from government for bringing the news to people.
And there have been known cases where government used this funding/influence to influence the news as well.
Mostly when some policy backfires or there is a thing going on that they want pushed far away from any front pages and minimized. (Iraq war casualties and negative effects immediately following the invasion was one I believe)

In short, it's a mess and there is no way to really rely on the media in the US. For several years or possibly even decades now a lot of them stopped actively investigating, and just wait and report on what gets handed to them or what they get tips for from readers.
Well, there ARE state-run, public news outlets, like , abbreviated . Still, I wouldn't call them (or any news outlet) 100% unbiased, because they're still run by people.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Indonesian News :
In order to prevent economy crash (because pulling out saving) Police says they will give HARD restriction mass mob at 3-5 Nov 2016 ...
reason : this might actually an act against president position by opposition party ...

MUI also get pressured hard by mass which actually Islam in Indonesia ...
MUI says it's treason against their religion ...
what a sucker, the one who condemn them all is their own religion believer ...
what a bunch of sore loser ...
(yes, all the one who gather, and at Police department which against MUI is all Islam, no other Indonesian religion voice it since they afraid with mass)

Source :
The Jakarta Post (this Indonesian newspaper actually in English language, so you can read it if you access through the net ... Pos Kota, Kompas, etc ...

Papuan and Timor2 demand Ahok to become their president in case he don't elected as Jakarta Government ...

Source :
Wassup (have picture), Kompas, etc ...

many know Ahok deed like against MPR and MUI who actually do mass corrupt and KPK don't dare to touch them (both of them even pressure president too) ... also Ahok biggest deed is freeing or at least reducing A LOT OF FLOOD in Jakarta (which makes Jakarta people grateful to him, and that's why MUI pressure him through people OUTSIDE Jakarta) ... They also frame him before through Sumber Waras (hospital buying case) through bribed BPK, yet KPK check everything is clear and using correct procedure (and BPK still nagging to bring Ahok to jail) Until BPK leader actually being named as one of corrupt doers ... he get light punishment and he stop his case against Ahok ...

Source :
Old Kompas, Pos Kota, and various newspaper ...
(old news)

Considering how much flood disaster in this world happen, and heavy rain in Indonesia, Jakarta still have a lot better situation compared it past ... at past it need 3 days waiting the flood to recede, but now most area won't get flood, and even there's flood, it will take less than 24 hours to get it recede ...

Source :
A LOT NEWSPAPER at past (new and old news) ...
The problem with our current media is they've kinda gone over the line in their biases. Because every side has become so biased, it makes determining what is actually factually true increasingly difficult. And even that is being spinned to make it sound like it's the fault of "fake news" sites. But who decides whats fake? Is CNN a fake news site? I mean they've done all sorts of nonsense. Tabloid papers probably, sure, but are they gonna start listing anyone who contradicts their narratives? The fact the news groups HAVE narratives is bad!

But it's not going to change. When it comes to money, systems don't really go back to being not profitable without a massive fight. And the well has been poisoned enough that I'm not sure the trust is going to be there much longer. And that could be horrible too, because much like with this election, it means when something major does happen nobody will know if they can believe it.
I wonder if it's good or bad ...
at Indonesian news, the reporter MUST NOT saying anything beside the fact and situation which currently they found ... (I think it's since Soeharto, 2nd Indonesian President which Chinese hater)
as result it might become "good or bad" in the eyes of news watcher ...
If it goes really bad, it can become weapon to frame innocent which other want to target like Ahok case ...
tough in some case it also might become positive like someone want to invest certain event which appear at news, or want to give financial support to certain poor area, etc ...

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, its a bit hard to swallow that there'd be a country where investigative journalism is more frowned upon and persecuted than upheld as a virtue, you got to suspend your disbelieve a little here.

I, for one, am hyped for the Season Finale of America.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

now that I think about it, it doesn't matter if Ahok get jailed because of being framed ...
Indonesian politician already step a taboo which eventually wreck Indonesia ...
!!! THEY USE RELIGION TO FRAME OTHER TO JUSTIFY THEIR SELFISH DESIRE !!!

this already happen at past and even now ...
and it NEVER EVER end nicely ...
at past, the most clear one is crusade war, witch hunt from Church ...
at present, ISIS, Africa, etc ... and now Indonesia ...

as far as I know, anyone who use religion for their own selfish benefit will result mass death and eventually wreck themself ...

If Ahok get free and clean his name, the chaos still happen (medium-high scale depend on how police respond)...
BUT IT WILL BE A LOT WORSE IF HE GET PUNISHED FOR SOMETHING HE DON'T DO ...
(because people think they can do any violence as long as they frame their target or saying it's for the sake of their religion)

Time to evacuate half of my investment from Indonesia ...
I regret I don't realize this sooner ... *sigh* ...

for any country near Indonesia, and all tourist and visitor ... be careful ... seriously ...

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Amigo... Please put links(not just mentioning websites!); there's also surely a thread around here somewhere for political corruption.

I do understand your pain, but you should do something about it, don't just let it eat you up. Let go of any ties and obligations with it, you'll be able to move on and heal :eek:

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Add another one to the 2016 celebrity death list, Florence Henderson best known for her role as Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch has just passed away. May she rest in peace.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Fidel Castro has joined the list of dead celebs

Of course, his death is controversial as some people say he was evil, others say he's a saint

And then the Reddit CEO has been personally editing comments he disliked

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Chernobyl got its new shelter today.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

America got its new attack today

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

2016 got another one. Ron Glass, one of the Firefly actors, died. He played Shepherd Book.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oooh, that's why I'd been seeing so many postings of the killing in the bible scene. That's a damn shame.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Something everyone already knew, but got called a conspiracy theorist over. Now it's confirmed by Wikileaks-

Turkey has been dealing in oil from ISIS, with Erdogan personally deep involved with the company buying from them and funding them

And something else everyone knew, but was again given the same treatment-

Organisations, 'charities', and governments are actively organizing trips to the Libyan coast to pick up migrants from Africa, going into Libyan waters for them and then acting as a shuttle service to bring them all into Italy

(Youtube here of the boats being tracked, so it can be clear there is no coincidence)

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

TRUMP GON FUCK HIM UP

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Some how a picture of Maisie Williams's back is headline news.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

, the 3rd American in space, has left us today, at the age of 95, and was the last of the Mercury 7 astronauts. Should be a sad day for all, to lose such a well known astronaut. God speed, John, you will be missed.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Trump got named Time's Person of the Year (which is fair enough, he's undeniably influential in the public eye), and used the occasion to ramble on about how it should be "Man of the Year", but isn't because "muh palitihcul currektniss"

What a fucking twat.

Last edited: