What's new

In today's news...

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Forgive me, it's a few days late:

Supreme Court in Britain is discussing and deciding whether Ministers or Parliament should be the ones to invoke Article 50, which begins the process of Ol' Blighty leaving the EU.

Funnily enough, half-way into the glacial-paced lawyer-ing, Parliament had the vote... roughly 349 MP's voted in favour of triggering Article 50, with only 62 MP's voting against that.

The head-judge of the Supreme Court himself said it'd be odd to come back after all this and say they need a vote from the Parliament, after they just did.

So yah. It's a few days late, and I haven't seen the news for a few days, so there.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Pretty sure "Person of the year" is the title because they really can't be arsed to change it when they pick a woman some other year.
Something that has happened multiple times before I'm pretty sure.

That would just be a whole lot of unoptimized changing stuff for no real reason

As for Britain, suppose it is good that they all agreed to do as the people wanted them to. Now to wait for bureaucracy to catch up. Or for it to decide it still needs more votes and procedures done.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pretty sure "Person of the year" is the title because they really can't be arsed to change it when they pick a woman some other year.
Something that has happened multiple times before I'm pretty sure.

That would just be a whole lot of unoptimized changing stuff for no real reason

As for Britain, suppose it is good that they all agreed to do as the people wanted them to. Now to wait for bureaucracy to catch up. Or for it to decide it still needs more votes and procedures done.
Of course it's just a practical reason for the change, he's just word-vomiting at the people who are upset that the gays aren't hiding and the women aren't at home anymore.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Trump got named Time's Person of the Year (which is fair enough, he's undeniably influential in the public eye), and used the occasion to ramble on about how it should be "Man of the Year", but isn't because "muh palitihcul currektniss"

What a fucking twat.
Well it was called Man of the Year before... well, political correctness corrected it.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Feminism bro! No issue too small to nag away at until it's changed to be 'equal', also known as: favoring anyone except a straight male.

Really though it's more prestige to be person of the year, it means you've beat out everyone, not just your own sex.

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

My brother told me a bit about this story yesterday when I woke up, and now I finally I saw it in full. I thought it was... a really sad, but touching story. Maybe not worth the news thread, but anyway, I'll leave it here for those that wanna see/read it.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

My brother told me a bit about this story yesterday when I woke up, and now I finally I saw it in full. I thought it was... a really sad, but touching story. Maybe not worth the news thread, but anyway, I'll leave it here for those that wanna see/read it.

OMG. Saw that, too. It's at the same time "right in the feels" and "fuck that story for making me ugly cry."

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

No rep system right now, or Santa would have gotten a +rep

In amusing news, some people have gone off the deep end

Pro-EU think-tank says Russia and Syria could be orchestrating migrant sex attacks to swing the upcoming German elections
At this point, "Russian Hackers" is getting pretty close to "Lizardpeople" or "Jewish banker cabal". It's like watching a group of people collectively decide that everything bad is the fault of some invisible evil entity that has all the power in the world and yet nobody can prove anything about

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well it was called Man of the Year before... well, political correctness corrected it.
Apparently basic fucking common sense is political correctness now. If an award is applicable to both sexes, use "person", how is that a difficult concept to grasp? Why be upset by it like a little turdmuncher?

I could go into how the entire concept of "political correctness" is basically a massive smokescreen, but I'll refrain from it for now.

No rep system right now, or Santa would have gotten a +rep

In amusing news, some people have gone off the deep end

At this point, "Russian Hackers" is getting pretty close to "Lizardpeople" or "Jewish banker cabal". It's like watching a group of people collectively decide that everything bad is the fault of some invisible evil entity that has all the power in the world and yet nobody can prove anything about
I wonder if anything good has ever emerged from anything described as a "think tank". Except the Tachikomas from Ghost in the Shell, of course. Gotta love those things.

Last edited:

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

On a less political note... .

... Yeah.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Does it come with a built in fleshlight?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Probably does, and if not I know people who can write a guide for how to attach one.

I expected humanity to go to space with all this technology. But I guess this isn't a bad use of tech either

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Awwww, was really expecting the... thing to murder the guy when he ran in the door :(

Creepy as fuck without that.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In what context? We get closer to eugenics and Khan the longer this shit goes on. Or do you still like your democratic society? What are you, a Cadassian?
...what?

But yeah, anyone see that Futurama episode about sex bots? Humanity nearly goes extinct from too much constant sex :eek:

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Russian And Turkey Ambassador Andrei Karlov was just assassinated at a museum in Ankara, Turkey.

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This will not end well...

Some people on Facebook appear to think it was a set up, due to a conspicuous lack of bodyguards springing immediately into action.

EDIT: Truck is driven into Christmas market in Berlin, no reports on injuries yet.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

From what I heard the guy actually was the security detail?