Administrator
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

This is getting silly.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Recently, FIFA threatened to fine British football teams if they displayed the Poppy on their arm-bands, claiming the Poppy is a political icon. This is despite allowing the British teams to display the Poppy on their arm bands the last time they played on or near Remembrance Sunday.

Walp, today, FIFA has fined the British football teams, with England having the largest fine of about £40,000, which is tiny, represents they fact they followed through with the threat on a icon purely designed to represent and remember the war-dead of all nations involved.

Make of that as you will.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Eventful day

And of course, a certain friend who is not a fan of the jews has already managed to trace the Russian ambassador's assassin back to a Turkish-Jewish family.
Apparently his last name means "Golden Stone", which came from medieval jews being ousted from hungarian etc towns and going down to what we now know as Turkey

Considering the guy yelled about allahsnackbar, I don't think you can rely on the whole 'jewish heritage' aspect here though

Edit for some other news
South Korea finds corpses on cult land

Lots of them, and apparently the police did nothing

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So in case you thought 2016 hasn't taken enough celebrities yet, Cracked has started compiling their list of most overlooked celebrity deaths of 2016. That's right, for everybody that was mourned by the internets, at least 2 more went out with nary a whisper about them.

EDIT: Also, the showrunner of NCIS, Gary Glasberg, died in September.

EDIT 2: Cracked's List part II, for completion's sake:

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Apparently 2016 hasn't taken enough ANYBODY yet. Fucking hell.

Rule, don't remember if you're in Berlin proper or not, but hope things are okay in your neck of the woods.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, no worries. I'm about as far from any metropolitan area as I can muster - ESPECIALLY from Berlin. That's, like, several states over.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm just going to miss Ron Glass, out of all the people that left us this year.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, no worries. I'm about as far from any metropolitan area as I can muster - ESPECIALLY from Berlin. That's, like, several states over.
Couldn't get on the other night, but good to know.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

2016 just claimed another familiar face. George Michael who many of you probably best know him as part of WHAM! has just passed away at the age of 53. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

... oh come the FUCK ON!

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Damn... RIP

Less than six days to go for this shitty year.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

As the cuddlebuddy said, staying up on New Year's Eve to watch 2016 DIE.

Also, in case folk hadn't heard, apparently Carrie Fisher had a heart attack but she is currently listed as stable. That came up in conversation while at Rogue One today.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As the cuddlebuddy said, staying up on New Year's Eve to watch 2016 DIE.

Also, in case folk hadn't heard, apparently Carrie Fisher had a heart attack but she is currently listed as stable. That came up in conversation while at Rogue One today.
I better not wake up in the morning and find out we lost Princess Leia. For fucks sake 2016 :mad:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

2016 got George on Christmas Day, too - one of WHAM!'s most popular hits is "Last Christmas." If you needed any more proof that this year is a sentient, malevolent entity, there it is. Rest in peace, George Michael.

And lest we forget, a Russian plane crashed into the Black Sea, also on December 25th. 92 feared dead.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

AAAAAAAAAND SHE'S DEAD, SON OF A BITCH. Rest in Peace. :(
:mad: Holy shiiiit, what the hell is going on. Rest in peace princess, you'll be remembered

Honestly, how many people have died this year already, either from illnesses or trucks, planes and bombs... This year will go down as the bloody 2016 :(

Edit: A little something to offset, child patients at Nemours Hospital in Orlando saw elves and Santa cleaning the windows.

Last edited:

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

More deaths, don't open if you don't want to be put in bad mood if you recognize these people
Some of you might not know who these people are but Ricky Harris (the only one here I recognize), Richard Adams and Tricia McCauley passed away too.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I wonder if the crash course diet and exercise routine are what caused Carrie's death.

Edit:
Tricia McCauley passed away too.
Actually the article is suggesting she was abducted and murdered, now that is tragic.

Last edited: