What's new

In today's news...

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

I always hear Americans complaining about their police force, but at least their police force is reasonably funded and uncorrupt enough that bribes are generally not accepted rather than the other way around, and it isn't an accepted part of "the system". That, and the claims that an unusually large amount of the police are murderers could well be true, but generally the stuff that's protested over as events in a public shooting were necessary shootings that were justified against legitimate criminals.

Maybe they should hire a whole division of busy bodies dedicated to making people wear the recording bodycams they're supposed to.

Soupy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

US news has been a real rollercoaster this week. Did anyone else briefly wonder if they wouldn't wake up in the morning?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I always hear Americans complaining about their police force, but at least their police force is reasonably funded and uncorrupt enough that bribes are generally not accepted rather than the other way around, and it isn't an accepted part of "the system". That, and the claims that an unusually large amount of the police are murderers could well be true, but generally the stuff that's protested over as events in a public shooting were necessary shootings that were justified against legitimate criminals.

Maybe they should hire a whole division of busy bodies dedicated to making people wear the recording bodycams they're supposed to.
Unfortunately we have a very vocal minority that blames the police for doing their jobs/ being unable to do their jobs (Hey fuckstains, START SNITCHING and maybe you wouldn't live in a gang-infested shit-hole) and attribute those to some sort of trumped up racist conspiracy where the entire world is working against people of color.

Most of us however, are completely content with how our local law enforcement operate.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It isn't a conspiracy, there is DEEP racial bias in the US. Like... everywhere. #SociologyMajor

The argument you made about the police force not being 100% awful is the same argument that you should finish your food because people are starving elsewhere. Unless problems that we have somehow alleviate problems in other places, the whole thing is invalid.

So until a day comes when one of the two points I just made aren't true, it is still a mess and it is perfectly reasonable to make noise and seek change.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

#SociologyMajor
See, this sounds like an argument from authority and normally I'd go with Sagan 'Mistrust arguments from authority', but.. sociology.

Cappy

Reputation score

There IS deep racial bias in US, because apparently minorities and white people themselves both start resenting white people as soon as they finish with their sociology major, just like how people suddenly realize how sexist the world is once they've finished gender studies. The same way creationists realize the earth is flat once they're done with their christian history/geology course.

Sociology, even without considering all the objectively wrong SJW and politically correct CRAP that comes out that is blatantly and obviously wrong even to the uneducated, STILL has a dark history prior to that of being labeled as pseudo-science for not being held up to even close to the same standard of empiricism and accuracy as any and every other form of study; probably due to how overwhelmingly complicated it can seem at one moment, and how ridiculously simple it can be the next.

Freud is a good example of this, he is renowned for having allegedly made great steps in the name of psychology, which in a way he did(As a subject). But if you analyze his career all he pretty much did was project his own fantasies and neurosis onto his patients and brow-beat them until he got the results he wanted. Sociology got out of that for awhile and became more respectable, but recently the peer review system has been getting the figurative equivalent of gangraped due to the insane amount of radicalized social studies professors, and extremist activists with insane backward views poisoning the water of public opinion in the absolute worst place possible, the educational system.

Honestly, we've got a lot of freuds on our hands now, fucking thousands of them. They got a rudimentary education on a subject they certainly don't entirely understand from a person who is much the same, and they immediately think they've come to grasp the world's problems even though they can't point them out in any way that is genuinely informative or helpful. Think I'm wrong? Go ahead, point out a thing in the law that is racist, point out a thing a public official has done that is racist that hasn't gotten them figuratively lynched by society.

Oh, and before you mention police brutality, keep in mind that the police force is filled with people who deal with crime, corruption, violence, and negativity literally all day for most of their life. Now, one might say that's not an excuse to commit crime, absolutely correct; But if you don't suffer from PTSD or have a family member who has, then you probably haven't been treating the police with fair expectations. Violence both mental and physical is a corrupting force, and when you live through with that every day it's hard not to turn to violence. In this respect, ironically, the black and police communities suffer a similar problem. The way that groups like BLM, or college activists in general act, is literally the opposite of helpful. Further more, some of the democratic government policies to try and fix the situation are and have been.... The opposite of helpful. Oh look, removing all onus of responsibility from a community turns them violent and criminal, who knew! It's almost like meal tickets you can use to buy liquor and unconditional child support for abusive and objectively shit parents that nobody will put through the system was a bad idea, kind of like putting a hello-kitty band-aid on a rebar shrapnel wound that has been infected for days.

You know, if you want to believe that 1st world countries have a serious race oppression problem, how about you go to literally any 3rd world country and flaunt your religious or cultural independence in a low or middle income area, see how you long you keep your hands attached to your body.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What an appeal to logic riddled with fallacies. You're in the very group of people created by the same browbeating you're talking about.

Cappy

Reputation score

That's completely wrong though. I'm not saying that it's impossible, or that I can't imagine it. Systemic oppression can and has happened, and is still happening now, just not in America towards specifically minorities currently.... You see Systemic oppression isn't some airy fairy concept that you cannot pin down or identify, if it truly is SYSTEMIC, that means it is built into the fabric of society, not actively discouraged at every possible cultural turning point to the point that if you were suspected of being racist that you would be fired on the spot from pretty much any respectable company.

America is the one place I would point out in the world where the majority population's opinion isn't particularly respected above the rest, and it has had major consequences all over the world, like college students over here seriously suggesting that we "discard western science" because it's from a "white" perspective in spite of the fact that the achievements of "western" science are hardly exclusive to whites at all, and why is it that it is okay for African Americans to constantly treat "whites" as if we are all homogeneous and the same even though it's high heresy for somebody to do that to say, an Asian fellow for example? I'll admit you've had me a lot in the past toxic, but I'm not conceding on this for a fucking second.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I still say they should just do it like the Irish did instead of rioting and blocking streets and making it so nobody likes them and their cause. Thats just bad PR and annoys the shit out of a lot of people

Cops being dicks to you? Become the cops, make sure the cops aren't racist
And last I checked this worked and is still working in most communities that aren't inner city cops vs gangs deathmatches

Cappy

Reputation score

From what I've seen the African Americans who do become cops tend to start seeing things in a new light entirely. It would also help if people were more selective over excuses to riot if they're going to do it, because a fair amount of the stuff gets debunked and incites more bonafide racism, regardless of which way you define it.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I still say they should just do it like the Irish did instead of rioting and blocking streets and making it so nobody likes them and their cause. Thats just bad PR and annoys the shit out of a lot of people
I don't know... blowing up pubs and police stations probably isn't good for PR either.

Cappy

Reputation score

It only takes a scant few people to try and covertly blow up a place, a mob riot is a bit more implicating imo. happening in the backdrop adding context to the situation. I love this guy for his video descriptions in particular.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

snip...
America is the one place I would point out in the world where the majority population's opinion isn't particularly respected above the rest, and it has had major consequences all over the world, like college students over here seriously suggesting that we "discard western science" because it's from a "white"
snip...
Please do, please fucking do. I implore you to support and propagate this idea! Get it to India, China and Russia!

Give up electricity, firearms, clean water, antibiotics, etc, etc.

I mean, are these folks actually suggesting they WANT to go back to chuckin' spears and rooting through mud to get their meals? Nevermind the fact that it would allow the evil west to just send out some guys that have guns and take anything we might possibly want from your land...

Mind you, there's a movement in the 'west' with the exact same outcome, just it's the EVIL PATRIARCHY whose influence must be removed.

(I'm well aware that you don't actually support this argument, but it's so fuckin ridiculous that I had to address it)

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It isn't an argument from authority. If I was arguing that my argument was correct because people in authority agreed with it, that'd be an argument from authority. I'm making an argument based on knowledge that I studied. If you can blow holes in my argument of why people have a valid reason to protest, be my guest and share it.

To make this easier:

1: There is racism in the US
2: Racism in the US does not decrease racism elsewhere
3: People can morally protest against racism in the US

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You do realize that without any proof or further explanation one could simply say:

1. There is not racism in the US

2. If there were racism in the US it would decrease racism world-wide
srsly WTF on this one?

3. People cannot justifiably protest against racism in the US
This one didn't make sense either, of course people can protest against the morality of a thing, whether they are right to do it or not is the issue so I changed it. Are you sure you're going to college?

Is English NOT your first language? If so it indicates you lack first-hand experience of the situation here. While not invalidating your view it certainly does undermine it given the quality of some sources (which you have neglected to state).

I'm left with the overall feeling that you're intentionally taking a difficult stance on an argument or are woefully under/mis informed...

Last edited:

Soupy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The collage liberal bubble thinking is pretty crazy. It's the same brand of stupid that you have with the traditional racists but without all the baggage to trip them up.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You do realize that without any proof or further explanation one could simply say:

1. There is not racism in the US

2. If there were racism in the US it would decrease racism world-wide
srsly WTF on this one?

3. People cannot justifiably protest against racism in the US
This one didn't make sense either, of course people can protest against the morality of a thing, whether they are right to do it or not is the issue so I changed it. Are you sure you're going to college?

Is English NOT your first language? If so it indicates you lack first-hand experience of the situation here. While not invalidating your view it certainly does undermine it given the quality of some sources (which you have neglected to state).

I'm left with the overall feeling that you're intentionally taking a difficult stance on an argument or are woefully under/mis informed...
1. No racism in US? Those SJWs are racist as fuck, so I wouldn't be so sure.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

What? Like... What?
Wait... was that "Racism in US doesn't have any impact on the rest of world"? That at least makes sense, though I dunno if it does or doesn't :D

3. As you said.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

...all he did is reverse my statements. He put a 'not' in front of some of them and completely changed others. You realize that I didn't say any of that, right? Also, slicer, that's not how arguing works. That's just being contrary.

My argument is that since there is racism and having racism here doesn't decrease racism overseas, people can complain about racism and try to change it.

Don't get me wrong, I hate SJW as much as anyone else. But saying that their message is wrong because they are a bunch of morons is a fallacy in itself (ad hominem). There are a lot of problems here and it isn't stupid to want those problems to decrease.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I mean, are these folks actually suggesting they WANT to go back to chuckin' spears and rooting through mud to get their meals? Nevermind the fact that it would allow the evil west to just send out some guys that have guns and take anything we might possibly want from your land...
This is a thing, and it's not limited to just one race's achievements

tl;dr version -
Everything society did during, and after changing from hunter-gatherer societies to agricultural and urban societies is bad and should be reversed
They want to go back to those days where humans lived in tribes and camps