What's new

In today's news...

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

That would assume I'M not the GM. As well as assuming I'm not willing to ruin the entire session arguing my case (which amounts to: It is, it is, it is, it is, ad nauseum). How long do you think until the other players are saying 'just let him do it' ?
If your players will start arguing that they should be allowed to just make up rules(or that rule 0 doesn't apply), then you have bigger problems than what magic missile can or can't target and you should probably just tell the problem player to get the fuck out. Here's a link to a definition of object:

Note that things that have no substance(like darkness), are not objects.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Spider, I understand you're trying to make a point, but I feel the need to point to your sig.

Reactions: XSI

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Good luck doing that IRL with people you've played with for a decade or more. Besides GM that can't bend the rules (or their interpretation of them) for some pointless fun isn't much of a GM.

Granted, if you're actually trying to challenge your players with a setup like that (IDFK) it becomes an entirely different situation.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

D&D/PF isn't the best system to challenge your players in if they have a wizard or sorceror

They have answers for everything, and if they don't then they'll have a dimension door or similar spell to get far away

Cappy

Reputation score

Really speaking in situations like that the GM is the arbiter of truth, if you're thrashing back once he's laid down a judgement and won't stop arguing it even if there's no possibility of consensus that just makes you a bad player. A good GM at some point on the other hand has to set boundaries that they are comfortable with and decide what they are.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

TLDR; Conservatives have made massive gains in the number of council seats, at the cost of Labour and Liberal Democrats, UKIP has lost all but one seats, with SNP in scotland making fewer than expected gains.

Meanwhile in EU, Jean-Claude Juncker, Head of the EU Commission has stated that 'English, as a language, is losing its importance' while speaking in english.

Well timed, and shows yet again why one might feel skeptical about any positive contributions by the man regarding diplomacy.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Raise the jolly roger, Nyaa is apparently back up again with seemingly all old torrents available for downloading and working fine from what I've seen.
It's apparently hosted in Slovenia now and the site can be reached at

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

How long until anti-piracy advocates all them "nya-sis", in reference to the nazis?

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Looks like cyber war is about to begin, as my country said the threat is about to happend tommorow. And here i am sufing on the internet searching for hentai game :cool:.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cyber war. Expectation: Ghost in the shell
reality: Nigerian Prince 2.0

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Hey, how about we put backdoors in everything?"
"That's a great idea, John!"
- few years later
"Hey, John, shouldn't we change our passwords from "write your password here" to something else?"
"Naah"
Suddenly, Wikileaks.
Meanwhile, in Russia:
"Hey, how about we put ransomware in everything using backdoors made by [those] guys?"
"That's a great idea, Ivan!"
Meanwhile, in China:
"Hey, how about we put ransomware in everything using backdoors made by [those] guys?"
"That's a great idea, Wang!"

I simplified it a little :D

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't want Wang putting his ransomeware into my backdoor, nuues!

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

This is what happens when the government/NSA demands backdoors to all computers
It gets out and ransomware uses it

But I can assure you that nobody will care to yell at the government to make this stuff illegal and force these loopholes closed, give it 20 years and we will have the same problem with a new backdoor
Possibly sooner, Intel chips have a similar backdoor installed in the hardware itself. And that will be a huge disaster when the specifics on that one gets leaked or discovered. You can't patch the hardware out.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hm, so not opening emails for a while...

Would it be possible to isolate or firewall vulnerable hardware, XSI? Difficult to still use effectively, but better than having an infected computer.

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

, . High tech stuff so if you don't want to get headache don't open it :rolleyes:.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Would it be possible to isolate or firewall vulnerable hardware, XSI? Difficult to still use effectively, but better than having an infected computer.
This particular piece of malware appears to use port 445, so a firewall configured to block connections to that port(or simply disabling any services using that port) would stop you from being infected by simply being in the same network as another infected machine, assuming you're not connecting to the internet directly(if you DO connect to the internet, that opens up a multitude of other attack vectors). But if you start disabling access to shared drives and don't connect to the internet, well, that certainly restricts the benefits of being in the network in the first place. Mind you, blocking connections to port 445 would only stop THIS particular malware. As far as I'm aware, there's no technical reason why an infection couldn't occur using any other port.

Properly set up firewall and other protection measures(using only up-to-date software, IDS, real-time malware scanner, etc.) will stop some infections, but the only guaranteed way to stop a machine from being infected is to not connect it to the internet in any way or form.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

the only guaranteed way to stop a machine from being infected is to not connect it to the internet in any way or form.
Next up, Hentaispiders surefire malware removal technique:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Keep that hammer in the shed.

Only precise, surgical cuts can help here.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Could just ghost/clone your machine weekly... might be hefty if you're trying to save ALL your data, but you shouldn't have a problem getting your OS back from ransomware.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

As far as I know, no known ways to block it except just not being connected to the internet at all. If your hardware is compromised, you're not going to be able to block it with software most of the time.