Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In today's news...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Byzantine2014 View Post

    Meh, doesn't sound all that bad. Don't get me wrong, EA is a shady & shit company, but this sounded like "OMG, you can't easily pay-to-win". Having to put in time to get good things is nothing new, welcome to to the world of grinding. It sounds rather like a bit of a step from pay-to-win - still needs fixing and balancing, but eh.

    I noticed they also didn't say anything about gameplay, which was one of the bigger issues with the prequel. And the one person not being to play because all the unlocked heroes were taken. sounds like a bug tbh.
    Battlefront 2 is a great game and I just want to play it again. Difference is, one I have in mind is from 2005... What EA is doing is just: lol, meh, not interested after EA's Battlefront 1.
    My game thread on ULMF
    Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
    Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
    鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

    Comment


      Originally posted by Byzantine2014 View Post

      Meh, doesn't sound all that bad. Don't get me wrong, EA is a shady & shit company, but this sounded like "OMG, you can't easily pay-to-win". Having to put in time to get good things is nothing new, welcome to to the world of grinding. It sounds rather like a bit of a step from pay-to-win - still needs fixing and balancing, but eh.

      I noticed they also didn't say anything about gameplay, which was one of the bigger issues with the prequel. And the one person not being to play because all the unlocked heroes were taken. sounds like a bug tbh.
      Grinding and paying to unlock are okay, but paying to skip cool down in between games? Fuck that. That's F2P games stuff.

      Comment


        Don't think anything will live up to the first two battlefronts, rip :/
        Originally posted by noman View Post

        Grinding and paying to unlock are okay, but paying to skip cool down in between games? Fuck that. That's F2P games stuff.
        Eh, didn't hear about the cool downs, that does sound like BS in a game you already pay for. Damn it EA...
        Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
        Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
        Spoiler

        Comment


          Well, I told y'all EA were the big bads a long time ago. But people still keep giving them money...

          Comment


            if anyone is interested humble bundle is currntly giving away free copies of Killer Is Dead https://www.humblebundle.com/store/k...htmare-edition
            Originally posted by dijitz
            Anyways I'm not a huge huge fan of (content), but I'll defend your right to enjoy it.

            Comment


              Hiromi Tsuru, who's probably best known as the Japanese voice actress for Bulma from the Dragon Ball franchise and Ukyo from Ranma 1/2 has just passed away today at age 57. May she rest in peace

              http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/11/1...u-bulma-anime/


              List of Adult Flash Websites
              http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27441

              List of websites providing fake downloads
              http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26002

              The PM system is broken on this account so if you need to contact me, send it to my alt AceofWindPMOnly, I will check it every so often.

              Comment


                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28K6GkkaTik *Maniacal laughter*

                Seriously though, EA. FUCKED. THE. HELL. UP. SEVERAL governments are either warning the public or are doing full-on inquiries if it's lootbox system is proper gambling and should be regulated. If this happens, were could see a major gutting of the industry on it's own greed.

                BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! LET THE GAME INDUSTRY BUUURN!!!
                Spoiler


                Most nonlurkiest lurker on the fourum(s) since 2004

                Comment


                  Originally posted by lurker View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28K6GkkaTik *Maniacal laughter*

                  Seriously though, EA. FUCKED. THE. HELL. UP. SEVERAL governments are either warning the public or are doing full-on inquiries if it's lootbox system is proper gambling and should be regulated. If this happens, were could see a major gutting of the industry on it's own greed.

                  BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! LET THE GAME INDUSTRY BUUURN!!!
                  Didn't watch the video.
                  But yeah, lootbox system is just gambling, however you want to look at it. In worst case they will just slap 18+ on all games having that and roll with it. That's dealing with symptoms, not removing the problem. Only way to remove a problem is to stop pre-ordering any new shiny shit and buying it after non-payed-for-good-review corrupted journalists review it. After that: if it's shit, do not buy.
                  Unfortunately, most people lack self restraint and just like shiny shit so you have to push them really far until they had enough.
                  My game thread on ULMF
                  Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                  Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                  鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

                  Comment


                    Rurouni Kenshin creator Nobuhiro Watsuki was arrested on Monday for possessing CP. As a result, further chapters of the manga have been put on hiatus.
                    http://aramajapan.com/news/rurouni-k...ography/82852/
                    https://www.inquisitr.com/4638707/ru...d-pornography/


                    List of Adult Flash Websites
                    http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27441

                    List of websites providing fake downloads
                    http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26002

                    The PM system is broken on this account so if you need to contact me, send it to my alt AceofWindPMOnly, I will check it every so often.

                    Comment


                      Oh for fuck's sake. I really hope my sister doesn't find out about this; she'd be devastated.
                      4-chan. Don't.

                      Comment


                        Lol, tell her that Nobuhiro Watsuki is a pedophile and manga is on hiatus, she will learn at some point anyway

                        EDIT:
                        Speaking back about video games:
                        https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/sta...77-multiplayer
                        Well... Their record so far is so good (compared to other companies), let's hope it stays like that.

                        https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/21/1...-system-trolls
                        Oh Valve... There is only one thing about that you forget: It will be abused, either by trolls or publishers themselves.
                        Also: "This behavior is not only humanly impossible, but definitely not a thoughtful indication of how 'helpful' each of those reviews were.", I think you wanted to say: according to your data it's humanly impossible, bots didn't do that... idiots.
                        Last edited by Yoshiiki; 25th November 2017, 02:17.
                        My game thread on ULMF
                        Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                        Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                        鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

                        Comment


                          https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/29/1...ssment-youtube

                          Basically, an asshole in a tcg community made a video expressing his views on a cosplayer who also plays the game. She is "allegedly" bullied by his "supporters" causing her to quit the community. She also coincidentally has a patreon that isn't doing as well as it used to. All the fatbeards in the community (including prominent youtubers) jump on the hate-wagon to tear the guy's ass open because a fucking cosplayer had her feelings hurt over a video. There has been no images of the supposed harassment or witness testimony on the matter.

                          http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...188172044.html

                          Texas State student writes article in university newspaper basically calling for white genocide. Apparently, he's also authored other articles of a similar nature, one calling for the rich to be rendered incapable of producing offspring via chemical or surgical means.

                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aeli-flag.html

                          A FOX correspondent waving around the US flag on a US university campus and the students cuss out the US. He waves an ISIS flag and they get supportive or don't say anything in objection. These are the leaders of tomorrow. Better to support one of the most dangerous and barbaric terrorist organizations in history who want to destroy your nation than to support that same nation that keeps you safe, educated, and able to live freely, right?
                          Last edited by Ninja_Named_Bob; 6th December 2017, 03:10.
                          "Controllers, abusers, and manipulative persons don't question themselves. They don't ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else." -Darlene Ouimet

                          "Most people don't have the willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like a victim."-Carlos Santana

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Ninja_Named_Bob View Post
                            https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/29/1...ssment-youtube

                            Basically, an asshole in a tcg community made a video expressing his views on a cosplayer who also plays the game. She is "allegedly" bullied by his "supporters" causing her to quit the community. She also coincidentally has a patreon that isn't doing as well as it used to. All the fatbeards in the community (including prominent youtubers) jump on the hate-wagon to tear the guy's ass open because a fucking cosplayer had her feelings hurt over a video. There has been no images of the supposed harassment or witness testimony on the matter.
                            Oh, this... Heard about it. Funny thing is, he only made 1 video, like 2 years ago. Honestly, look at MtG players, they don't fucking quit because their feelings got hurt (plus, most of them are a bunch of good folks), they quit because this hobby takes a lot of money and is addictive as fuck. If someone loves something, it's never "muh feelings, I quit".
                            Most of female cosplayers those days do it for the money, not for the love of their hobby. I am almost certain it's about some shit that's money related.
                            Oh right, because someone might had understood that wrong: What I said was - most female cosplayers are just sluts/attention whores and do it for money, so who gives a fuck?
                            My game thread on ULMF
                            Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                            Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                            鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Yoshiiki View Post
                              they quit because this hobby takes a lot of money and is addictive as fuck.
                              Nonsense. I can quit anyday I want to, I just don't want to. Also I want a foil of some cards....

                              He's an asshole, she's hypersensitive, but she's hot and he's not, he should figure out he'd lose this fight.

                              As for females cosplaying for attention... Well duh, when was the last time you dressed up as Sorin because you liked his new card. Or Garruk. Or take the easy route and do Jace for your JTMS Legacy deck. You didn't? Well, shit, why not? Because cosplaying is effort, you do it for a reason.

                              *shrugs* I find nothing in this news particularly objectable, just people being dumb.
                              Last edited by Pervy; 6th December 2017, 20:25.
                              Play my naughty games here:

                              Comment


                                Sometimes feel like I am from that generation, which remembers when cosplayers did it for the love of hobby/character... Not for money, not for attention whoring, but it was just: "Hey look, I am cosplaying this character I like"... I miss those times.
                                My game thread on ULMF
                                Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                                Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                                鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X