In today's news...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninja_Named_Bob View Post
    Spain? What's the political climate over there like, that one of their states is making a bid for autonomy
    The local Catalonians elected a government that declared independence earlier this year
    That lasted a total of 8 seconds, then the Spanish government removed them from power and got Catalonia back again because Spain doesn't allow people to separate. Legally speaking, the Spanish state is correct and the ones that voted for independence are guilty of treason. But the Spanish state are also the ones who decide what is and isn't legal there so that's not saying much. And the vote was held anonymously so they can't actually charge anyone for said treason

It's a bit of a mess, but Catalonia has been vaguely rumbling about independence for ages now
    With occasional game reviews at https://tocopinion.blogspot.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by XSI View Post

The local Catalonians elected a government that declared independence earlier this year
      That lasted a total of 8 seconds, then the Spanish government removed them from power and got Catalonia back again because Spain doesn't allow people to separate. Legally speaking, the Spanish state is correct about this. But they're also the ones who decide what is and isn't legal there so that's not saying much.

It's a bit of a mess, but Catalonia has been vaguely rumbling about independence for ages now
      I'm reading the wiki on it now, and it looks like this has been a constant thing since the 1920's. I'll probably find the reason Catalonia wants to secede from Spain a bit later, but I have to wonder if the constant headache is really worth it for Spain. I mean, yeah, flexing your muscles helps keep the nation united; but, it's been almost 100 years of this shit. Either resolve the issue however it best works for both sides, or let them go. It also can't be good for national pride that a state has been going nearly 100 years on trying to secede and your only real effort in preventing it has been telling them "no."

"Controllers, abusers, and manipulative persons don't question themselves. They don't ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else." -Darlene Ouimet

"Most people don't have the willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like a victim."-Carlos Santana

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja_Named_Bob View Post
        Still waiting on Patrick Stewart
        No!

No no no no nooooo!!
        My avatar is from Viper RSR

Comment

It finally happened, another swatting incident has occurred as the result of an argument over $1.50 between Call of Duty players and this one has actually led to a person's death. The guy killed wasn't even the intended target as the person who gave his address online gave a fake address to the other person who called in the police. For fucks sake, R.I.P

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...192111974.html
          https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/29/...olice-shooting
          Last edited by AceofWind; 29th December 2017, 19:52.

List of Adult Flash Websites
          http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27441

List of websites providing fake downloads
          http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26002

If I don't reply to your PMs, this account may still be malfunctioning. You can contact my alt AceofWindPMOnly, I usually check it every once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by MrMe View Post

No!

No no no no nooooo!!
            I'll miss Deputy Director Bullock/Professor Xavier/Captain Picard, too.

Originally posted by AceofWind View Post
            It finally happened, another swatting incident has occurred as the result of an argument over $1.50 between Call of Duty players and this one has actually led to a person's death. The guy killed wasn't even the intended target as the person who gave his address online gave a fake address to the other person who called in the police. For fucks sake, R.I.P

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...192111974.html
            https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/29/...olice-shooting
            Someone got swatted over $2? Seriously? And it wasn't even the right fucking person who got shot. How do you fuck up that badly?
            "Controllers, abusers, and manipulative persons don't question themselves. They don't ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else." -Darlene Ouimet

"Most people don't have the willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like a victim."-Carlos Santana

Comment

Considering it's america, my guess is something like this:

False address given because the guy sees it coming.
              Then either:
              Cops go in and shoot someone

Or

People at the false address think they're dealing with a home invasion and open fire on the cops
              And the cops shoot back

Did I get it right?
              With occasional game reviews at https://tocopinion.blogspot.nl/

Comment

Looking at the body cam's small pixel it looks like the guy come out peacefully and then gets shot, I don't know - maybe he put his arm down to close the door by the handle or something? Sounds daft but that guy that got shot in Vegas recently got shot because he reached back to pull his boxers back up.
                My avatar is from Viper RSR

Comment

TBH if I was a cop sent to what I was informed as an armed and dangerous call, you'd be lucky if I didn't blow your ass away for breathing wrong. Because at the end of the day I'M going home.

Comment

Originally posted by super_slicer View Post
                    TBH if I was a cop sent to what I was informed as an armed and dangerous call, you'd be lucky if I didn't blow your ass away for breathing wrong. Because at the end of the day I'M going home.
                    Except your stupid ass would be hauled away in cuffs and tried, instead. The government you hate so much made sure that cops couldn't go around shooting whoever because they were too stupid to read the situation.

Comment

Sure, the officer's aren't clearly scapegoats or anything like that. Fuck they're homicidal maniacs before they even enter the academy! And then at the academy they use their nights to train to shoot anyone who's not lilly white on sight. Hell if you see a cop using his phone, he's probably checking the latest white supremacy news.

Comment

Originally posted by super_slicer View Post
                        Sure, the officer's aren't clearly scapegoats or anything like that. Fuck they're homicidal maniacs before they even enter the academy! And then at the academy they use their nights to train to shoot anyone who's not lilly white on sight. Hell if you see a cop using his phone, he's probably checking the latest white supremacy news.
                        Doubt it. There may be few bad apples that made it through regulations and screening, but to generalize like that it makes it sound like a cop touched you inappropriately.
                        And if this was true... It would just be pure chaos and a lot of dead people, enough to call it genocide.
                        Shameless link to my game thread (click the image )
                        Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.

Comment

Comment

I'm never sure if Slicer is just extreme left anti-authoritarian, or over-exaggerating for the lulz. I think it's extreme hiding behind 'lol just trollin' to deflect criticism.

Play my naughty games here:

Comment

Pretty sure it's more love of sarcasm

Also slicer, you get the Beaver award for Canadian levels of sarcasm.
                              Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
                              Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
                              Spoiler

Comment

I'm an imperialist. An empire where I'm the emperor, mind you.

I believe in extreme liberty for myself, but extreme regulation and rules for companies and the rest of the population.

But the world isn't perfect, so I'm forced to advocate for personal freedom and heavy group along with business regulation.

Comment

Working...
                                X