What's new

In today's news...

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Hay, did it say anything about only having half a brain to go with only half his balls? :p

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Lolwut. Just lolwut...

I think he must be trolling. Must be.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Don't take your child to Baltimore, MD. .

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

95% of all obesity problems can be linked to psychological dietary problems. Supposedly only around 5% of people actually have glandular problems that prevent them from losing weight.

Is it abuse? FUCK YES! Though considering the pussy society we have today, I'm surprised someone actually got the cuff for it.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

That kid might have abused a box of twinkies that his friends gave him, but that's about it. The mother didn't make her child eat all that food; he CHOSE to eat it. It's his own fault for being fat, nobody elses. If the mother - or his friends - had tied him down and force-fed him donuts for weeks-on-end, that would be one thing.
From the information given so far, here is my analysis:

A) The mother should have turned to friends/relatives for help in raising her son if she really didn't have the time for him. This is something most anyone could forget to do, however, so it's not something to hang her for.

B) The lawyer said the mother took advantage of every program she could, but only stated the one example, so I cannot put the blame on the state fully; however, I WILL blame the program in particular for turning her away (BULLSHIT they couldn't help, they could have at least attempted to), and I WILL blame the state for bitching that she didn't take advantage of ANY program, when she clearly tried at least one.

C) The kid chose to eat all that food - nobody forced him to. I'll say what I always say about these situations: "The cheeseburger didn't make you fat, you eating as many as you did made you fat." The state needs to quit blaming the mother.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, I didn't bother watching the video cuz I'm an asshole and I like to believe my time is precious.

She tried programs in the past you say?
STONE THE FAT KID!

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

C) The kid chose to eat all that food - nobody forced him to. I'll say what I always say about these situations: "The cheeseburger didn't make you fat, you eating as many as you did made you fat." The state needs to quit blaming the mother.
The mother was charged with criminal neglect a.k.a. she didn't try and stop the kid from eating all that food.

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

On a semi-related note, That is, consuming fructose can cause you to eat greater amounts of food. If true, this would certainly indicate a link between increased use of high-fructose corn syrup and increased obesity levels esp. in the US.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So if we do away with the cold war era embargo on cuba and start using real sugar, one of our bigger problems (Aside from the budget and our obsession with highly expensive one use explosive devices) could be solved?

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not familiar enough with the political and economic effects of the embargo of Cuba to make that decision.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The embargo from back then cut off our main sugar supplier so we need alternatives: we switched to excessive use of corn syrup at this point.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

...we could not eat as much junk food

or better we could move to a country that dosent use as much of the stuff =P

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

The mother was charged with criminal neglect a.k.a. she didn't try and stop the kid from eating all that food.
That's because she wasn't with him when he was eating as much as he did.
Also, from what information is given, she didn't have the money to buy enough food to get him that fat on her own. It came from his friends at school giving him food, as well as him apparently eating multiple lunches.
Whether she did or didn't tell him to stop eating, I wouldn't be surprised either way, given the situation. The kid made a conscious decision to eat that much food.

Fat people are fat because of their own selves, nobody else.

What surprises me about this whole situation is that nobody ever tried to get her to put her son up for adoption during the whole time she had him, if it was so tough to raise him due to monetary constraints forcing the mother to spend more time away from her son rather than with him. Where was the state on that?
This just sounds like the state is trying to -LOOK- like it's doing something.

I call douchebag on the state ... program/government/ w/e is charging the mother.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yay for bad metaphors but, if the kid was physically injuring himself over and over again, the story would be a bit different and EVERYONE would be looking at that mother. It's not like she just woke up one day and noticed "Holy crap, my son can eat me."

Again, if she sought help from programs, it's their fault for not being able to help, but she had to stay on top of something like that

Lurker
Reputation score

Latest in the string of celebrity deaths: Gidget, the Taco Bell Spokes-dog, died last night at the age of 15.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Must have been the heroin.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

Latest in the string of celebrity deaths: Gidget, the Taco Bell Spokes-dog, died last night at the age of 15.
Damn. Advertising loses another great hero.