What's new

In today's news...

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Wait, isn't saying it is too violent to classify it like saying its 18 ++?

All I see happening with that is people buying the game over a proxy, or downloading it for free, these kinds of organisations that can refuse rating(And thus make things illegal) only hurt the game world, and bring nearly nothing good.

Strangely, I am now more interested in L4D2(I can just buy it anyway), it seems interesting to compare it to 1, mostly how things work and what they changed, and just how much more violent it is.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

australia has no r18+ rating for games, to protect the children.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

australia has no r18+ rating for games, to protect the children.
WE MUST SAVE THE CHILDREN! OMG!

I say that it's more the parent's job to save thier children, and not the rating peoples, I mean, come on, they're the ones that has the cashflow...

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I agree we must shave the children, damn hairy freaks that they are.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i would continue adding information here, but the only people opposed to it don't care about academic studies or research as they already know the answer. so there isn't really any arguments that can be made as if you show them something they disagree with then you are wrong.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Therefore, this topic shall now be about the power rangers!

Now then, who wants to be the floaty head in the glowing tube?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

i would continue adding information here, but the only people opposed to it don't care about academic studies or research as they already know the answer. so there isn't really any arguments that can be made as if you show them something they disagree with then you are wrong.
Well maybe they're prone to the

"YOU LIE"

defense

(oh-ho topical humor)

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I had a gigglefit when I read about that in the news ^^ Of course now people are putting that together with Kanye's outburst and saying Americans are getting more and more rude as time goes on. I'm not sure what to think of that... aren't we already stereotyped as one of the nations with more rude citizens than others?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Idk, I went to France and they kept asking me if they could give me pain and I was like, hey fuck you guys, we should never have saved you from the germans.

Imagine the insolence, not just threatening me, but ASKING me... the joiks

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow, I guess there's a reason he didn't get a real job, huh?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Latest news on the dutch government, they are a bunch of incompetent retards.

That was the latest news a few months after they were 'elected', now the latest news is that besides the people no longer trusting them(Less then 30% fell they are even trying), also the other political persons are calling them stupid, which amounts to it being possible they will finally get out so others can try to fix the damage.

Dutch source, but you can just use google translate.

To top it off, the prime minister did not manage to put together even a single coherent response when asked about everything he failed at, and is already known to get a big function in the European union after he gets thrown out of the government. (The European union thing is a different discussion)

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

for those too lazy to translate here it is:

Spoliered cause its too big

Opposition is totally fed Cabinet
From our parliamentary editor
THE HAGUE - The three main opposition parties demand the departure of the entire cabinet. VVD, SP and PVV are furious about the actions of Prime Minister Balkenende, who yesterday in the House also received by other parties mercilessly for his "vision-less" approach to the economic crisis.

"We can no longer believe in a cabinet during the greatest crisis since the thirties extends itself to all things," he explained VVD leader Mark Rutte in an emotional debate on his motion to censure. It was shortly after noon the surprising support of the SP and the PVV.

The opposition parties find it unacceptable that the government coalition hard not immediately intervene to put public finances in order first and let officials search for one billion cuts.

Rutte: "This government wants to take responsibility not to let pass by again one years studying and evaluating. The leave of the government does more harm than send away. "

It is unprecedented that a very VVD government wants to send home. Balkenende responded also taunted and called it a "travesty". The CDA Group added, that the liberals with their surprisingly hard stance the historic role of the VVD in politics squander.

The Rutte and his anger was gradually fed during the general debate by the actions of Balkenende, who struggled in the hours long discussion with his argument, and evaded questions on some issues even forgot to answer. A mess and uninspired, was yesterday heard a lot of opinion about the actions of the Prime Minister. "A premier unworthy" said D66. "I can not explain why I would not trust the prime minister", said SP leader Kant, who accused Balkenende of the Court to contempt. "An admission of failure", said GroenLinks. "It was another three times nothing", Wilders took his turn.

Despite the abundance of criticism the government did with the support of the government parties the government plans to guide the Court. Balkenende did go in on the proposal of the Labor Party for the reinstatement of the 60 percent top rate of income tax. As a parliament majority feels nothing for him, because it harms the competitiveness of our country.

It also wants the government not to cut the allowance for Queen Beatrix and Prince Willem Alexander, who next year both about to get a ton, while the population be weakened. The premier defended that recently new financial rules for the Royal Family have been prepared and the "not fair" weather is already changing. He emphasized that if officials must also return the highnesses.

Like the House Balkenende made short work of the proposal by PVV-leader Geert Wilders for a tax of 1,000 euros on wearing a headscarf. The plan did not fit "in a country where there is room for everyone and we treat each other with respect".

The opposition parties have a direct link between the "poor argument" of Balkenende and new rumors about his early departure to Brussels. He would view as permanent President of the European Council, the joint EU government leaders. Balkenende took off the speculation as "nonsense". Nevertheless, the scenario which leaves Balkenende and Minister Verhagen (Foreign Affairs) is the new premier persistently doing the rounds.

Last edited:

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

i know this is probly old news but i recently found it and thought it was funny.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

When i find the link to the article again I'll edit it here, but apparently in Britain a 9 year old boy went home for the day a boy and came back a girl the next day.

Oh you silly Brits, and your children getting sex-changes.

well, apparently not the sex-change and hormone therapy, but still...

I'm of mixed feelings, on the one hand, feeling like this as a younger age and making the transition is beneficial in the long run, because as the kid gets older she'll be more comfortable as a female. On the other, this opens her up for some major bullying and confusion as she hits puberty since her body is still male despite legal and clothing changes. Though, I wish her all the luck in the world and kudos for being herself.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've always been on the edge about this, we had lengthy discussions in my one class about kids who feel they're of the opposite gender, even down to the age of even younger than 4-5. But the video they had shown us, which was heavily biased towards making us feel that letting them dress up differently and take pills and chemically change themselves was ok, actually had huge flaws with it, obvious environmental influences on the kids. People kept trying to bring up points like "Kids are innocent and they are at their truest and purest form, so we should all have confidence in how they feel about themselves." While I kept trying to counter with the point that they are at their most ignorant and naive form as well. Basically, I ended up looking like a douchebag just cuz some parents had fraternal twins and the 2 year old boy saw how parents have to treat 2 year old girls differently and wanted to be treated the same way and I kept telling everyone, "Yeah, your kid doesn't actually think he's a girl, he's just being a fucking kid."

Though yes, chemically/physically, that would probably be the best time for them to make that decision for themselves, but mentally/psychologically, it's not a decision they should be making for themselves. At least that's my two cents. Don't get me wrong, even though I kinda shy away from the whole "i'm a ___ in a ___'s body," i still feel people should be able to exercise their right to choose a gender. As a psychologist, I feel everything has it's keys to both nature and nurture, so the more power we give to people to override something that was originally all genetically chosen, giving choice to something that used to be choiceless, is awesome.

As far as dressing differently, that's not up to a school or person to dictate. I can dress however the fuck I want, long as it's not lewd.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Erm... so Nunu, any red sky near you?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

nah I'm not one of those gay Sydney people. last year though during the bush fires the sky went red due to smoke, which was kinda cool. its like a cloudy day with a glowing red sun.