Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

It's actually a pretty tricky and complex issue. I'm assuming you're on the side of simply banning the hugs. Of course, I personally believe that the parents should sit the child/teenager down and make them understand that, yeah, there's going too far with hugging and openly showing affection and what not, but I don't believe simply banning it outright is the true answer. Of course, that brings up an entirely different debate about parental responsibility and if certain people should be allowed to have children.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's fucking hugging, stfu world.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I like how the source manages to conjure up a huge wall of text over something as simple as a hug, bullshitting is a skill, and either they are good at it, or they're quoting politicians.

It's a hug. Who cares? If they're doing it too early for your opinion, tell the parents, they should be the ones teaching their children about what to do and not to do. Hell, the kids probably found out about hugging after seeing mommy and daddy hugging.(Just hugging, the other thing is a different story, and should not be done in public)

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The day I witness someone getting in trouble for a consensual hug is the day my murdering spree starts (and probably ends).

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i'm on the side of free hugs for everyone.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I charge people when I hug them

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

There is actually such a thing as a "free hugs" campaign:rolleyes:

If I hug my little brother/sister, am I allowed to do that? Banning hugs is stupid. Think 'bout the forbidden fruit effect. Soon you're gonna have 6.yo's hiding behind the school building to HUG.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I guess there could be worse things for them to be doing behind there.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

In my opinion, it's more like 'OMG KIDS ACTING MATURE EARLY! MUST CENSOR!!!!!!!1!!

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I... I just don't know what I'd do. I mean, I can see the school's reasoning... but banning hugs completely? I mean, wtf? What if aika started his spree there, and the only way to end it was a hug? Would they let him murder everyone just to make sure no 'inappropriate' hugging was going on?

I would really like to know what the school is thinking on this issue. Are they really trying to keep 'relations' from starting that early? It's not going to work number one, and number two they should be trying to educate the students, not try to suppress it. These students more than likely are able to see each other outside of school, and if you try to get rid of the 'problem' instead of taking constructive steps towards educating the students, something's going to happen, and someone will wind up getting blamed, and guess what, you're part of that blame chain.

TLDR: Fuck the school and fuck the parents that are supporting the ban. They're all idiots whose only purpose in life is to keep Common Sense spinning in his grave so the government can harness the energy from the rotations.

Lurker
Reputation score

Suppression is an easier sell than education, and so will always be the preferred path.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Christ. Just buy a dildo.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I... that... what... just... ... HUH?!?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey, as long as she's not trying to get it on with her marital partner, or enforce monogamy on its part, I don't see why it's anybody else's worry.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lurker
Reputation score

The gay rights movement will become easier as time goes on, not because people will be informed but rather because it's most intractable and powerful opponents tend to be older.