Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

See?
Thats why we need this guy:

And many, many spare energy cells for his laser rifle. :rolleyes:

On the other hand.... i kinda like sluts.
If you spent every possible moment killing idiots for your entire life, there would still be more in the world when you ended than when you started. Futility, this is the definition of it.

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If you spent every possible moment killing idiots for your entire life, there would still be more in the world when you ended than when you started. Futility, this is the definition of it.
That's why we need that guy, for he is not made of meat and can just kill and kill and kill... forever.
Mwahahaha.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's why we need that guy, for he is not made of meat and can just kill and kill and kill... forever.
Mwahahaha.
God you're stupid. Plague. Look it up, far more efficient method of eradicating a species.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey... I think I'm part of that species, what about nano machines to target idiots instead?

Good memories of SWToR, thanks for reminding me :)

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hey... I think I'm part of that species, what about nano machines to target idiots instead?

Good memories of SWToR, thanks for reminding me :)
We had a conversation about this somewhere on the forum a while back. We can't make circuits small enough to use in nano-machines because the electrons quantum tunnel past the switch (teleport).

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

We had a conversation about this somewhere on the forum a while back. We can't make circuits small enough to use in nano-machines because the electrons quantum tunnel past the switch (teleport).
DEATH TO ALL!!! Sephiroth approves.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Plague will target everyone, that guy will only target who needs to be targeted.
Mr.smart-arse. :rolleyes:
That's the thing though, you've managed to convince me that EVERYONE needs to be targeted.

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ah yes, typical murica.
Always something going on with blacks and whites and pinks and whatever. :D
So colorful, murica is.
Only no matter which colors murica tries to mix, the end result is always crimson. :rolleyes:

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rebuttal: While plague could kill mass amounts of meat bags (which I am not against), your targets could escape such a technique due to immunities and developments in medical techniques. After that, the plague would be far less effective.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Rebuttal: While plague could kill mass amounts of meat bags (which I am not against), your targets could escape such a technique due to immunities and developments in medical techniques. After that, the plague would be far less effective.
Well, I was thinking of a bio-engineered plague not THE plague (I know, it seems a little convenient to mention now but I honestly didn't expect a rebuttal with enough weight I'd need to address). So of course it'd be able to hop transmission mediums and be distributed from multiple sites via atmospheric dispersal for the widest contamination range. It wouldn't kill immediately because humans are another great transmission medium. High priority targets would be medical facilities and mid to upper class residential areas. The poor are going to get infected anyway, you'd want to make sure the people that can put up resistance are subdued first (excellent reason for not targeting say, government facilities like the senate).

As for HOW it kills... lets say the bacteria plays host to microbes that produce hemolysins (boy o boy, I'm definitely getting put on a watch-list for that google!). Destroying the blood's ability to carry oxygen.

After infecting caregivers all you need to do is affect a large enough portion of the population and an already over-taxed healthcare system (here in the U.S. at least) will crumble. So development of medical techniques isn't really that much of an issue, and who's going to be able to figure out those that are immune if all the doctors are sick/dead?

Could the portion of the population with immunity survive the resultant collapse of society? Honestly I don't know. On one hand most people don't know how to get clean, drinkable water unless it comes out of a bottle or a tap, much less anything else about how to survive without modern convenience. On the other, well... (Honestly, I don't want to waste the energy thinking about that).

I guess just do a second wave using a different strain after you've reached the limit of your mortality rate?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As for HOW it kills... lets say the bacteria plays host to microbes that produce hemolysins (boy o boy, I'm definitely getting put on a watch-list for that google!). Destroying the blood's ability to carry oxygen.
'The bacteria plays host to microbes' Doesn't make sense btw. Its like saying 'The Taxi is occupied by a few cars' How about we instead talk about bacterial endotoxins

Pretty sure they simply destroy the blood through haemolysis. If you wanna only mess with the bloods ability to carry oxygen you gotta work on the central atom conformation or feed it a better gas like CO.

Furthermore, if you attach it to bacteria its not exactly rocket science to cure, you never said you'd be using a resistant strain, so they get flushed out with a bunch of penicillin, now, that releases an additional dosage of toxins (this is what makes EHEC deadly btw) But if you take it prophylactic common antibiotics can stop your plague.. Heck, the reason the original plague got far as it did was that there was no such thing as modern medicine, you have an uphill battle up ahead.

I'd say the way to go is reverse transcriptase viruses and you want it hard to detect, highly infectious and at first slow acting with rapid uptake so it can spread while being mistaken as basic sniffles. Use something that shuts down the immune system itself, so.. basically make HIV more infectious, theres little truly effective medication for it and the vaccines are still in the pipeline.

Whats it with all the humancism. Some of my best friends are humans, they're an alright bunch. *nodnod*

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

In today's news...

...I booked my trip to Japan just now! Early next year, one of my few life dreams is coming true! It's rather strictly planned out and in a big group, but the price is very fair, plus it's my first "far away trip".

I'm very excited already! :)
I booked the vacation. I will experience Japan first-hand!
The journey starts at the end of February!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

'The bacteria plays host to microbes' Doesn't make sense btw. Its like saying 'The Taxi is occupied by a few cars' How about we instead talk about bacterial endotoxins
Got me there, I'm no microbiologist (derp, I even forgot that bacteria ARE microbes). And I thought it'd be too easy to just make the bacteria produce it's own hemolysins.

Pretty sure they simply destroy the blood through haemolysis. If you wanna only mess with the bloods ability to carry oxygen you gotta work on the central atom conformation or feed it a better gas like CO.

Furthermore, if you attach it to bacteria its not exactly rocket science to cure, you never said you'd be using a resistant strain, so they get flushed out with a bunch of penicillin, now, that releases an additional dosage of toxins (this is what makes EHEC deadly btw) But if you take it prophylactic common antibiotics can stop your plague.. Heck, the reason the original plague got far as it did was that there was no such thing as modern medicine, you have an uphill battle up ahead.
I think nit-picking over me not saying using a resistant strain is a bit much, I mean we're talking about bio-engineering an organism to commit speciocide and the techniques meant to prevent their attempts to counteract it! It would be like making a tank that fires shells which can be stopped by coating the target in aluminum foil.

I'd say the way to go is reverse transcriptase viruses and you want it hard to detect, highly infectious and at first slow acting with rapid uptake so it can spread while being mistaken as basic sniffles. Use something that shuts down the immune system itself, so.. basically make HIV more infectious, theres little truly effective medication for it and the vaccines are still in the pipeline.

Whats it with all the humancism. Some of my best friends are humans, they're an alright bunch. *nodnod*
Why not just put a timer on the fuckers then? They don't produce any symptoms until their saturation level in the environment is enough to kill the host before medical attention can be administered? The reason why I chose bacteria is that they're capable of reproduction without using the host's cells the way a virus needs to.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you can do anything make a bacterium that produces viruses. Double dip.

Frankly, all you need is actually something thats nothing of the above and can't get hit with known medicines. Only reason we can handle microbes is because we understand how they synthesize stuff they need. Take that away and funtimes ensue.