What's new

In today's news...

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

After all the doujin I've fapped to, I have to rape someone daily.

And since I play violent video games, I have to kill them afterwards. Such a waste, if not for that I'd be able to rape the same person over and over again.

:rolleyes:
By that logic I should be getting raped daily. And enjoying it.

Not sure if that's rape any more.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It is satire, but my favorite line is the “Also, remember Shy Guys?” he added. “None of them have any gag reflexes. So you could really go to town if you wanted.”

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh god, if I never hear about BOTW again it will be too soon.

Reason being that every Cemu thread is about it, even in places where they have a BOTW dedicated thread. IDGAF about BOTW right now, I want improved XCX and Bayonetta 2.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

It is satire, but my favorite line is the “Also, remember Shy Guys?” he added. “None of them have any gag reflexes. So you could really go to town if you wanted.”
Well that explains the sheer amount of Shygirl OC's.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Brothel buys second sex doll because first one called 'Fanny' is more popular than its real working girls
Austrian media are reporting that a growing number of other brothels are making the switch to include sex dolls.
Guess prostitution is falling to automatisation and general technology too, these days

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Guess prostitution is falling to automatisation and general technology too, these days
I won't be surprised if the first true AI comes into the sex industry.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

The source may be a little biased in their assumptions, but this is still an interesting article

The European Commission paid €360,000 (about $428,000) for a study on how piracy impacts the sales of copyrighted music, books, video games, and movies. But the EU never shared the report—possibly because it determined that there is no evidence that piracy is a major problem.
So we can finally lay the argument about piracy hurting sales to rest and say that no- Statistically it does not. And it in fact even helps sell more in some cases
Only thing that is actually mentioned to be hurt by it are blockbuster movies, which I imagine is because they suck and people don't want to pay money for them knowing that they suck

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The source may be a little biased in their assumptions, but this is still an interesting article

So we can finally lay the argument about piracy hurting sales to rest and say that no- Statistically it does not. And it in fact even helps sell more in some cases
Only thing that is actually mentioned to be hurt by it are blockbuster movies, which I imagine is because they suck and people don't want to pay money for them knowing that they suck
So potential income is smaller than actual income, makes sense. Plus, there are people that do: I liked it, I have money, gonna buy it. So I was right repeating myself over and over: There is no point in fighting piracy.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

There is for companies who put out a shitty product that relies on hype, being a sequel to something, and day one sales

Like blockbuster movies and many AAA games. This is also why most games no longer have demos- If you know it sucks you won't buy it

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There is for companies who put out a shitty product that relies on hype, being a sequel to something, and day one sales

Like blockbuster movies and many AAA games. This is also why most games no longer have demos- If you know it sucks you won't buy it
This, "I liked it" makes it quite important :D
On the other hand, there is something in that, as it's been quite a while since I got any hyped AAA game...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Soooo...

I guess if you're against piracy on the grounds of lost profits you can go suck eggs.

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

that's why we got such "gems" like No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda to name a few...

get hyped...preorder...dedicate the last moments of your life thinking about the shitty life choices you made...

Nirakei

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I could have sworn there was a study from about 5 years ago, that made the claim that as a general rule of thumb, pirates of software and video games spend a lot of money in the tech market in comparison to non-pirates.

Couldn't tell ya if it was an American or European study, though.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

that's why we got such "gems" like No Man's Sky, Mass Effect Andromeda to name a few...

get hyped...preorder...dedicate the last moments of your life thinking about the shitty life choices you made...
Let's be honest here, if you're pre-ordering you're an idiot.

Large outlets charge you EXTRA money for a guaranteed sale (which decreases the outlet's overhead, so they should be giving you a discount), exactly how many games have you not been able to buy day 1? Very few I'd imagine.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Pope officially accused of heresy, an event that hasn't happened since the 14th century
It's more of a "Can you clarify that you are against heresy and take back these things you said about heresy being cool?" than a "HERESY? *BLAM*" sort of accusation, but it's still a thing

Explanation at that site, but in short- The pope is messing up and not keeping up the faith, encouraging things contrary to what the bible says
Specifically, the pope implied adultery is alright, and that the bible isn't really that amazing, among other things

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pope officially accused of heresy, an event that hasn't happened since the 14th century
It's more of a "Can you clarify that you are against heresy and take back these things you said about heresy being cool?" than a "HERESY? *BLAM*" sort of accusation, but it's still a thing

Explanation at that site, but in short- The pope is messing up and not keeping up the faith, encouraging things contrary to what the bible says
Specifically, the pope implied adultery is alright, and that the bible isn't really that amazing, among other things
Damn right, first comes forgiveness, then they'll claim the earth revolves around the sun and isn't flat or some shit!

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

hmm...in my opinion it was just a matter of time before Pope Francis gets accused of having heretical leanings... if they are going "by the book" most of what he have done tries to bend the things as dictated by the Catholic church's dogma...I ain't no fan of Roman Catholic Christianity but like in any organized movement whether religious, political or in private-sector if you try to bend the well established rules of said organization just to accommodate the "other people" there will be a paddlin from those who are too stuck up and a stickler for the rules...

...which reminds me...during the coronation of Pope Francis where they always sent out doves there was a raven who snatched and killed one of those doves...

I am not superstitious...but that looks like a bad omen for the papacy...

or that raven was incidentally just in there...