What's new

In today's news...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Just keep giving me posts that I can justify negrepping.

For the record: Gun control in its current form is hogwash and even if guns didn't exist this guy would still have found a way to kill a bunch of people.

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

and then there's the words "Gun Control"...

a touchy subject matter between Americans...

I just pray for the reprieve of the deceased souls in that brutal act of human barbarism...

the shooter's end is kinda anti-climactic though...

instead of facing justice or suffering in the most ISIS way he got off scot-free by blowing his head off...

if he is gonna off himself why did he have to take 60+ others with him?

well at least in some organized religions they have a Hell for this kind of person...

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

People started pushing their political agendas before the bodies even cooled
Both gun control and people digging to find out if he's a muslim/trump supporter/anti-trump etc

It's pretty shit, really. But people are going to try to use suffering for their own gains

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's pretty shit, really. But people are going to try to use suffering for their own gains
Or you know, bring up other threads they happen to be butthurt about...

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

First,
I ate it
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=1015254&postcount=1542
Second, not sending proof that what you claim is true is pretty stupid. At the very least, send a video of someone fapping with the picture darkened and make up some bullshit like "I turned up the contrast because fuck you." At the very most, a quarter of your intended victims will think it's legit and send that money. Also, the fact that the email is in broken English and requires someone with a functioning brain (of which there are few nowadays) to decipher means three-quarters of your victims will look at it like it's in another language and then promptly delete it.

And that adjusted pixel isn't really an issue if you get nothing as a result. It's like trying to do the 5 dollar fishing hook trick except nobody is biting and you're still reeling and casting.
Actually, there is a good reason for bad grammar and fucking up sentences. It's defense mechanism I am not going to explain, hint: pattern. Maybe it's intended, maybe not, who cares.
Looking at the price he asked, depending on his e-mail database, kid already could get more than 1k$. It's written good enough to get few people (again, depends on his database size).
That tracking pixel would be great for improving chance of people freaking out and paying. Just send another mail with something: "Thanks for reading you still have [sent time minus read time] before I release everything I have on your kinks you weirdo : )". But that requires knowledge which those scammers mostly don't have.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

and then there's the words "Gun Control"...

a touchy subject matter between Americans...

I just pray for the reprieve of the deceased souls in that brutal act of human barbarism...

the shooter's end is kinda anti-climactic though...

instead of facing justice or suffering in the most ISIS way he got off scot-free by blowing his head off...

if he is gonna off himself why did he have to take 60+ others with him?

well at least in some organized religions they have a Hell for this kind of person...
Given that the media is reporting that he supposedly didn't have any religious or political leanings, I doubt he was concerned with that. I mean, "would God be pissed at me for this?" probably wasn't the last thing to go through his head...

People started pushing their political agendas before the bodies even cooled
Both gun control and people digging to find out if he's a muslim/trump supporter/anti-trump etc

Pretty much this. Unfortunately, it's a part of the world we live in nowadays. As one French president once said, "better get used to it. It's part of daily life now."

I ate it
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=1015254&postcount=1542
Actually, there is a good reason for bad grammar and fucking up sentences. It's defense mechanism I am not going to explain, hint: pattern. Maybe it's intended, maybe not, who cares.
I'm not sure what kind of defense mechanism involves bad grammar. I'm guessing you're suggesting that pattern behavior stereotypical of scammers which they revert to? Still waiting on my money from that Nigerian Prince, too.

Or are you talking with the lack of proof? In that case, I can agree, to some extent. On the one hand, you're risking someone catching the fake and pointing it out and that fact going viral. No reason to double-down on your bullshit if you don't need to, right?

Looking at the price he asked, depending on his e-mail database, kid already could get more than 1k$. It's written good enough to get few people (again, depends on his database size).
I had a few emails *supposedly* from the FBI arrive in my inbox back in the day. I promptly deleted them and went on with my life. I consider myself of average intelligence, so it would impress me if someone on the same intellectual level managed to fall for this.

That tracking pixel would be great for improving chance of people freaking out and paying. Just send another mail with something: "Thanks for reading you still have [sent time minus read time] before I release everything I have on your kinks you weirdo : )". But that requires knowledge which those scammers mostly don't have.
Yeah, a reminder email would probably terrify someone if the sender gave them the impression that their activity was still being monitored. Although, I would probably reply with some snarky shit like "Buddy, I'm not intimidated. You watched me jerk my dick for 3hrs, and are now threatening to send it to my friends (whom I don't even have added on email, and a few of which are female). You've probably helped me get laid this weekend, so do your worst."

Then again, I have a tendency to look at the glass half-full.

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Given that the media is reporting that he supposedly didn't have any religious or political leanings, I doubt he was concerned with that. I mean, "would God be pissed at me for this?" probably wasn't the last thing to go through his head...
that's why sometimes the people with religion has some edge over these things...at least there is a set reward/punishment for any assholes making lives unbearable for others in their beliefs...

If he were just an atheist or anyone that just doesn't give a flying fuck he would just think: "heh they lined up like ducks in a barrel (or however you put that saying) It was a good haul...now to off myself..."

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

that's why sometimes the people with religion has some edge over these things...at least there is a set reward/punishment for any assholes making lives unbearable for others in their beliefs...
Insert uninformed position about Christianity here.

If he were just an atheist or anyone that just doesn't give a flying fuck he would just think: "heh they lined up like ducks in a barrel (or however you put that saying) It was a good haul...now to off myself..."
I mean, if you've already made peace with the idea that we're all just a happy, cosmic accident and nothing matters for 30+ years, I doubt a night of losing everything in Vegas would have that much impact. I could see it as more "well, I fucked the pooch real good on this one. Better go out like a hero." Although, being a person of faith to some degree, I'm conjecturing purely based on my own rationale.

Also, not sure if you missed the joke or not.

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well the deed is done...many have suffered...and people all across the world will hold their own vigils for the victims...

now to watch you Yanks mudsling over the words "Gun Control" again...lol...

those against it are kinda right though since mentally challenged persons with a disregard for human life WILL find ways to kill another of his/her/its own species given the chance...and not just by a gun..

on the other hand if weapons acquisition was controlled where only law enforcement groups and military personnel are allowed to hold guns then such incidents like these will be limited...if not prevented...

meh what do I know...I'm just a Flip here in my own country where people get killed by the cops by just being accused of being a drug pusher/user and they make it so it would seem like a "legitimate" operation...

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm not sure what kind of defense mechanism involves bad grammar. I'm guessing you're suggesting that pattern behavior stereotypical of scammers which they revert to? Still waiting on my money from that Nigerian Prince, too.
I really don't feel like explaining, so I am keeping it short.
Everything you write, does have a pattern on it. You write in specific pattern that can be picked up, analyzed and used to check chance of same person (not 100% proof method).
So often to avoid that, bad grammar, weird sentences, lack of punctuation and many other things are used. Just to break that pattern.
But I don't expect it in this case.

Or are you talking with the lack of proof? In that case, I can agree, to some extent. On the one hand, you're risking someone catching the fake and pointing it out and that fact going viral. No reason to double-down on your bullshit if you don't need to, right?
Not sure to which sentence you are responding here, but as a general view on those things: People are already reporting on this, it's kind of "one time" operation (kind of).

I had a few emails *supposedly* from the FBI arrive in my inbox back in the day. I promptly deleted them and went on with my life. I consider myself of average intelligence, so it would impress me if someone on the same intellectual level managed to fall for this.
Feel impressed... then shocked by amount of people that bite this crap.

Yeah, a reminder email would probably terrify someone if the sender gave them the impression that their activity was still being monitored. Although, I would probably reply with some snarky shit like "Buddy, I'm not intimidated. You watched me jerk my dick for 3hrs, and are now threatening to send it to my friends (whom I don't even have added on email, and a few of which are female). You've probably helped me get laid this weekend, so do your worst."

Then again, I have a tendency to look at the glass half-full.
Not everyone is like that, a lot of people would panic and pay to realize later that they fucked up... and I am not going into topic of why. Don't feel like it.
Then again, those are just mass spam mails, fast operation for fast money. Only issues here is coming up with a scam idea and getting big enough database to send it to enough people.
Doing such thing for real would require too much work and resources. Yes, it's done, but on corporate/country levels and money gain is not always the main point of it.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I really don't feel like explaining, so I am keeping it short.
Everything you write, does have a pattern on it. You write in specific pattern that can be picked up, analyzed and used to check chance of same person (not 100% proof method).
This is actually quite interesting for veteran roleplayers doing online writings over forums as well, after a while you start to recognize certain things and read into what your partner is doing/wanting for/feeling, even if they don't say any of it outright.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This is actually quite interesting for veteran roleplayers doing online writings over forums as well, after a while you start to recognize certain things and read into what your partner is doing/wanting for/feeling, even if they don't say any of it outright.
Yep, if you know the rules and things to look for, you can automate it to a certain degree (Though, without human it's almost impossible to do). Even better, just by pure text you can tell if it's "he" or "she"... Well, not exactly, it's more in a manner: female brain and male brain, not exactly sex tied, but - margin of error isn't that big here, so it's quite "accurate" for that too.

Ofc, you need enough data to create pattern for certain individual.
But, it wouldn't be weird for people to pick that up after some time, even if they aren't aware of it.

But it's quite easy to deal with, if you know what to look for - you can also shield yourself. Though, until you plan on doing some illegal shit or are just tinfoil hat owner, it's not that helpful (You can always be that weird psycho, profiling people for who knows what reasons xd).

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah. I've rped enough to make myself sound credibly male or female as I desire, 'specially in erotica. Little tip, if they describe sizes of organs and how hard and fast they penetrate/get penetrated, good chance its a dude, if they focus on how the encounter feels for the ones involved primarly, propably a gal. If you feel intensely aroused but get a slight nausea whilest reading, thats an elder abomination trying to lure you into their perversions.

Profiling folks comes kinda subconsciously, I think its linked to human empathy to a degree.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Don't worry

The nausea goes away after a while

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah. I've rped enough to make myself sound credibly male or female as I desire, 'specially in erotica. Little tip, if they describe sizes or organs and how hard and fast they penetrate/get penetrated, good chance its a dude, if they focus on how the encounter feels for the ones involved primarly, propably a gal. If you feel intensely aroused but get a slight nausea whilest reading, thats an elder abomination trying to lure you into their perversions.

Profiling folks comes kinda subconsciously, I think its linked to human empathy to a degree.
You actually more or less nailed it for female (simplifying, because I can):
"if they focus on how the encounter feels" with huge pointer on feels and not exactly one at the time. Guys however may be more one-thing - action-like related...
Good example would be: Show both guy and girl colorful flower, some kind of orchis would work nicely. Ask them to tell everything they think about flower when looking at it and what makes it so pretty.
Do it shitload of time on test subjects and you can see repetitive keys, most of time different just between male and female subjects.

Yes, we do "profile people subconsciously", but you can simplify it to waging differences and similarities between us and other person. 'It takes one to know one' is stupidly high accurate here xD
Internet chat is even better for that as we are way more open than we are irl, plus we tend to subconsciously make in our minds "friends" of a lot of people after short [online] chat just because our brain searches for similarities in us or friends we know irl.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Good example would be: Show both guy and girl colorful flower, some kind of orchis would work nicely. Ask them to tell everything they think about flower when looking at it and what makes it so pretty.
Do it shitload of time on test subjects and you can see repetitive keys, most of time different just between male and female subjects.
My answers would be: 'pretty flower.' 'pretty flower' and 'bored with question items, please improve questionairy' *nodnod*

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

My answers would be: 'pretty flower.' 'pretty flower' and 'bored with question items, please improve questionairy' *nodnod*
"Guys however may be more one-thing - action-like related"
:p
Ok, can we be done on the topic? xD

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

please pardon the questionable

it seems like politically driven agenda isn't content in just marring a piece of subculture MOST (take note of the word) people enjoy but insists on shoving that thing down on our throats...

in other words, SJWLGBTXYZ flavored fan-shaming in dubbed anime...

I shouldn't care since I don't watch dubbed anime ever since Spike Speagel extinguished his cigarette in a puddle of water...but this is just so funny not to pass up...

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Funanimation's dubs have always been shit anyway.