What's new

In today's news...

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

doesn't matter if those hotcakes are made from bat guano eh? as long as they sell like...well, hotcakes..

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hollywood should stick to making $7 budget Will Farrell comedies. They are very similar to the old Yugo cars. They might be crappy, but hey they are cheap.

I like star wars, and even have found a place for the mostly awful ewok movies. However i can barely stand the "prequels" nor the force awakened. For some reason I liked Rogue One even though it probably opened more holes than it closed.

Maybe it is the space battles specifically that draw me to star wars. What are the chance episode 8 is a disappointment, 150%?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Rogue One got butchered by Disney

It was meant to be a gritty war movie but then GL sold out, the new masters fired the director and ordered a lot of scenes reshot

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To be honest, I think Rogue One is sorta like Phantom Menace. Just cut out the middle hour or so of the movie and you have 30 minutes or so of decent entertainment. Almost as if the ending sequence could have been a decent end to what I feel should have been episode 3.

Phantom menace should just leave everything on the cutting room floor that involved getting into the ship to leave the planet and then all of the Tattooine nonsense with the podrace. Make with the lightsaber fighting and call it a day.

I dont think there is anything in Attack of the Clones that I would try to pick up off the cutting room floor. That movie could well just not exist aside from like 2 or 3 5 minute segments that could easily have been the second half of what I would want to have been episode 1. Also this would be where they find Anakin at some point.

Episode 2 would be alot of what Revenge of the Sith ended up being, with the death star starting to be built. Episode 3 would be the formation of the Rebellion along with the events that lead into the ending of Rogue One.

I would love to make a fan cut of the prequels, but its a damn shame that like 80% of what ended up in the movies would end up on the cutting room floor.

Alas, another hackjob on a franchise i once liked greatly was what we got. I fear for what I will see in 2 months time when episode 8 comes out. I doubt I will like it, but I can at least hope that I will be able to enjoy some part of it at least.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ohohoho, going by how your hate on this one and the prequels none of you know of the

Star wars has a lod of bad stuff, has a lot of good stuff too. Like the abovelinked one, finally tells you who chewbaccas father is!

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, people need to tell movie producers that they don't want their crappy shit.
How? Simple: Don't watch it. If you really, really want to, just pirate it (though, I would recommend better self-control and just ignoring it xD). Do this long enough on big enough scale and it will send a very powerful message (it will be like message that US sent to Japan in 1945). That would be the best option.

Though... same could be told about any entertainment industry that's getting shitty, due to shitty practices *cough cough* fucking lootboxes *cough cough* fucking microtransactions *cough cough* shitty DLCs *cough cough*

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, people need to tell movie producers that they don't want their crappy shit.
How? Simple: Don't watch it. If you really, really want to, just pirate it (though, I would recommend better self-control and just ignoring it xD). Do this long enough on big enough scale and it will send a very powerful message (it will be like message that US sent to Japan in 1945). That would be the best option.

Though... same could be told about any entertainment industry that's getting shitty, due to shitty practices *cough cough* fucking lootboxes *cough cough* fucking microtransactions *cough cough* shitty DLCs *cough cough*
Film industry has actually had reduced win-margins compared to the high point year of 2012, but as long as it can make some money, its gonna stay around, not gonna fix this that easily, trust someone that has dug just a little bit on the producers side, had to learn some nonsense before going commercial with my game. ugh.

Anyway. Whenever someone tells me the entertainment industry is crappy, I just think of China. biggest ethnicity in the world, but their censorship of movies.. ohohohoho..

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Film industry has actually had reduced win-margins compared to the high point year of 2012, but as long as it can make some money, its gonna stay around, not gonna fix this that easily, trust someone that has dug just a little bit on the producers side, had to learn some nonsense before going commercial with my game. ugh.

Anyway. Whenever someone tells me the entertainment industry is crappy, I just think of China. biggest ethnicity in the world, but their censorship of movies.. ohohohoho..
Well, I am not following as much what's going on in movie industry and I am fully aware that my solution, as simple as it is, may work in very, very long term. What kind of lesson they learn from this would be another issue...
So yeah, maybe would work, maybe not. Personally believe that cutting off money flow will kill any industry, but achieving that or hoping it gives proper lesson... ugh.

China... That's a very special kind of place. I am not sure what I hate more, their censorship OR movie industry catering to China and making their movies ready to screen there. But I think I swing more to latter one, because it shows when money speaks louder than anything else. I think I just don't like it, because it goes against my own morals.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I fear for what I will see in 2 months time when episode 8 comes out. I doubt I will like it, but I can at least hope that I will be able to enjoy some part of it at least.
Haha, after not getting an ex-stormtrooper jedi out of the first or any hint of Mara Jade, I'm not even going to bother.

As for China... well we really need to do something about them, and by do something I mean choke the life out of that shit-hole.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, that escalated quickly...

Don't you mean North Korea though? China is pretty rational, and a major trade partner of the US I thought.

Don't think I've seen an actual Chinese film tbh (that isn't martial arts based), wonder if there's a reason for that... There is a bad anime from China airing rn though.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't you mean North Korea though? China is pretty rational, and a major trade partner of the US I thought.
Yeah you are right, I mean just look at these, for western sensibilities pretty scary pictures of north Korean propaganda..
I mean, with the glorious leader bearing down on you, 'elected' for at least a decade.. and.. wait.. Korea is leader for life....
Oooh crap, thats the Chinese president. Sorry, my bad, asians look so similiar sometimes..

They're not really all that rational. You think that because the US subtly.. prevents negative press from china from circulating, in addition with China doing such marvelously on their own. North Korea is the shittiest country on the planet right now to be clear, but China isn't a nice place, it just played the trade game better than North Korea, the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany in their times, plus it was an accidential old ally of America in being an opponent of the japanese. Heres some things from China -2017-:
Kings of Censorship.
China is. Some muslimic countries are more aggressive in detaining people, but none other comes close in terms of pure technological power. Oh and better not complain. Critiquing censorship can get you as much there as manslaughter gets you in some states and european countries. Besides Vast internet censorship examples include but are not limited to:
-The president asking their three largest news stations for absolute loyalty to the party.
-A by law enforced app keeping logs of your online activity for 60 days.
-Being insulting to the party or it's leadership, even by accident can see a newspaper destroyed and the ones in charge put on trial. Imagine this happening for everyone critical of Trump.
Kings of the Death Penalty
To be clear, nothing compared to war in the middle east or starvation in North Korea, but as far as institutionalized killing of people goes, you thought America had it fancy?
China kills thousands a year. Hard to get proper numbers because see above, but the thing they can't hide is that theres a total of 46 criminal offenses that can get you the death penalty. For comparison, America has 8, and two of them are, amusing to me, piracy and mutiny. (Coastal piracy, I presume, until Hollywood gets real desperate? *Shrug*)
Racists
Not the worst here as arguably some religious groups coincide with ethnicity and muslimic countries are the absolute masters of religious prosecution. However, theres a bunch of racial superiority and japanese hating here, but the biggest one there is is tibet. If you are Tibetan you don't have freedom of speech(even less that is), assembly and movement. You also don't have freedom of religion, but that's because NO chinese has that, story for another time. Let me put this into perspective: Let's say you wanna vacation in a random european country, no problem, all you need is some vacation days and the money to buy the tickets, if you are european you don't even need new money or a travel pass-port. Not so for Tibetans in China. You aren't allowed to move without approval, exspecially leave the country. You try anyway, or try after being denied, you go to prison, if that was judged as treason you could be killed.

Final example, albeit half jokingly, you know how much of a fuss Trumps wall causes? Do you also know which country is famous for having a wall all along?

Source:

TL;DR: China is not the worst, but to be worse, you need to be very deep in arabic countries, North Korea, or at war.

Oh and while at it, let me disspel these notions of all of Africa as this starving, disease ridden warlord ruled continent of anarchy, this is Abuja, capital of Nigeria, clearly someone finally helped out that prince, well, not prince, place has been a democracy whilest the US was still busy testing poisons on black prisoners. Anyway:

Last edited:

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

*CENSORED BY THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT*
yep that's just how it is for China...the great bully in the East...we Flips here have to contend (I say contend when it's more like a mosquito biting an Elephant) with them trying to manhandle the Spratlys islands from us when international law dictates it is in our side of the map therefore it is ours...but they decided to build their own structures anyway since what would Uncle Sam do? start a war with China? lol...

I agree with what is happening on Tibet as well with the somewhat ethnic ostracizing that the Chinese government is doing with them...guess we will have to see more monks burning themselves alive in protest...but china will still turn a blind eye...they would even imprison those said burning monks for "insubordination" to the people's republic...

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

That they both have slitty eyes?

Dats waycist bro.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah you are right, I mean just look at these, for western sensibilities pretty scary pictures of north Korean propaganda..
I mean, with the glorious leader bearing down on you, 'elected' for at least a decade.. and.. wait.. Korea is leader for life....
Oooh crap, thats the Chinese president. Sorry, my bad, asians look so similiar sometimes..
[/spoiler]
Lol wtf? That's definitely not normal. Heck, I spy a little sign on the right side of the building that says "Adult Goods", or in other words Sex Toys. Where was this taken?