What's new

In today's news...

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Silly Yoshiki, you wont get far betting on a straight flush holding onto those two.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Silly Yoshiki, you wont get far betting on a straight flush holding onto those two.
I know that my yugioh cards are in one of the boxes I still didn't unpack, but no clue which one, so I will let you have this one :p
And I wanted to do "Exodia/straight flush" joke... :/

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Hypocrisy much? xD
Damn at least slicer ain't a hypocrite you know.
It's only hypocrisy if I deny the allegation despite overwhelming evidence. I never claimed not to be a retard when arguing over the internet. I simply exposed the fact that Pervy and Slicer are retards for doing it, too.

1. You don't get to add in more random cards already on the battlefield to change the game situation
I saw Slicer adding a new card and you proposing an addition to the hypothetical. If you're going to add something to a hypothetical and then bitch about other people adding things, then your argument loses by default. Either stick within the confines of the hypothetical, or don't bitch when people use turnabout to express an opposing position, hypocrite.

2. Orerry is a subpar card in this deck composition. Even if you badly want flash the thing you play in a creature and enchant heavy deck is winding canyons, to have the ability on a land and run artifact hate cards easily.
Hence why tons of EDH decks play Orrery, right? And you're a literal shit player at this point. Winding Canyons only allows creatures to be played at instant speed, and costs 2 and a tap to do so. Orrery doesn't have that limitation, so you could easily set it up as Doubling Season->Cathar's Crusade->Your turn->Avenger->GSZ->Swing->gg and also Massacre Wurm either wasn't played or got swung over despite your best efforts. You got out-fucking-played by a green deck, fam. Or, in other words,

[ ] Not rekt
[x] REKT
[x]SHREKT
[x]TEC'D
[x]CRATERSCOOP'D

Also, Yoshiiki,

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
It's only hypocrisy if I deny the allegation despite overwhelming evidence. I never claimed not to be a retard when arguing over the internet. I simply exposed the fact that Pervy and Slicer are retards for doing it, too.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I saw Slicer adding a new card and you proposing an addition to the hypothetical. If you're going to add something to a hypothetical and then bitch about other people adding things, then your argument loses by default. Either stick within the confines of the hypothetical, or don't bitch when people use turnabout to express an opposing position, hypocrite.
You defined the setup man, I'm just working with what I've got. Why anyone would bring more than a dozen tokens in at once without a way to keep them alive before they've buffed them is beyond me, so I'm left with the question, what else is in his hand? A cheap, kind of shitty, token clone that casts at instant speed isn't out of the question and nobody can argue that it wouldn't still be sitting in your hand looking for a use well into late game, unlike WSZ which we know somebody who drops a craterhoof the same turn as he summons a swarm of HASTELESS tokens would have pissed away on some other token scheme already.

Shit, you've already got access to 14+ mana 2 stong enchantments, a token generator and a tutor, how much of the perfect setup do you need to win with this strategy? Next you're going to say you had Parallel Lives, Intangible Virtue, Honor of the Pure, and Kamahl fist in play the whole time.

Last edited:

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

You defined the setup man, I'm just working with what I've got. Why anyone would bring more than a dozen tokens in at once without a way to keep them alive before they've buffed them is beyond me, so I'm left with the question, what else is in his hand? A cheap, kind of shitty, token clone that casts at instant speed isn't out of the question and nobody can argue that it wouldn't still be sitting in your hand looking for a use well into late game, unlike WSZ which we know somebody who drops a craterhoof the same turn as he summons a swarm of HASTELESS tokens would have pissed away on some other token scheme already.

Shit, you've already got access to 14+ mana 2 stong enchantments, a token generator and a tutor, how much of the perfect setup do you need to win with this strategy? Next you're going to say you had Parallel Lives, Intangible Virtue, Honor of the Pure, and Kamahl fist in play the whole time.
I mean, you and Pervy decided to over-analyze the example rather than just shrug or provide a better one. It's like over-analyzing an analogy. Of course it's not going to hold up against scrutiny when you're trying to attack the premise. Also, you wouldn't play a shitty populate card because getting a 1-for-1 for a momentary reprieve is bad design. You either invest huge or hold onto your shit one more turn and risk getting your shit pushed in before you can make any plays on your turn.

And 14+ mana on a t6 isn't that hard in EDH if you're running the staples. Hell, green ramps faster than that on a bad day, so I'm not sure how you find it difficult to conceive that green can empty its hand pretty quickly.

Slow news day eh?
Same shit, different pile. More democrat shenanigans, Mueller is still wasting time on a go-nowhere investigation, the FBI is still morally ambiguous and possibly corrupt, Hillary sucks, the MSM is full of shit, and ulmf was never good. Oh, I guess there's Bannon going insane?

Or Trump being a "big bully", depending on who you take your information from. I usually post news when it's of interest to me and I figure someone on the forum hasn't seen it. Problem is, nobody actually reads half the shit that gets posted, anyways. Everyone is to busy arguing, talking about traps, or jerking it to/in Stuffie's ears. Imagine the things we could accomplish if Stuffie's ears didn't exist.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Without those gorgeous nibbly Stuffie ears, what would life even be about?! Need some motivation to get up & post in the morning :D

And I'm sure at least a few read the news, just fewer people post responses... Speaking of that, where'd the Dragon go?

Also, get ye own thread for the Gathering/Yu-gi-oh/Pokemon/cards, you Fellowship of boobs

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
And 14+ mana on a t6 isn't that hard in EDH if you're running the staples. Hell, green ramps faster than that on a bad day, so I'm not sure how you find it difficult to conceive that green can empty its hand pretty quickly.
How often do you actually play EDH cutie.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Without those gorgeous nibbly Stuffie ears, what would life even be about?! Need some motivation to get up & post in the morning :D

And I'm sure at least a few read the news, just fewer people post responses... Speaking of that, where'd the Dragon go?

Also, get ye own thread for the Gathering/Yu-gi-oh/Pokemon/cards, you Fellowship of boobs
That face... ugh... no, looks weird, do not want.
And no, I do not care if it's the angle or something.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
My guess would be whenever he finds someone that looks like they don't know how to play MTG.

Either way, I win. Wipe is the best answer. Given that he's on T6 and landfetched his way to 400 saprolings (IDFK what math you used guy) had doubling, cathar, AOZ, a tutor, and a catspawn in his hand, started the game with at least 2 mana (I dunno who plays dual color and won't want both in the opening) and an accelerator, probably played a landfetch on T2 he's got no room for an artifact kill or really any way to keep those suckers away from a mass destruction/exile effect. Hell, even at the more reasonable number of 10 saprolings with mana reflections he's got no room. Given that he's only drawn 13 cards (including opening hand) from the top of his deck at this point.

And no, there's no way in hell I'm believing he drew this combo by T6 with some sort of green draw enchant as well. I'm okay with jumping the shark, but jumping it twice? Nope. If you get a combo like this frequently well, someone else needs to be shuffeling your deck for you.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
My guess would be whenever he finds someone that looks like they don't know how to play MTG.

Either way, I win. Wipe is the best answer.
I hold no objections.
You either have a near pure focus on mana acceleration into a aggro stomp kill, near combo OR you have answers and counter control cards like a teferis protection, ghostway, preferably second sunrise and harmonize to recover.
What the ninja presented was a rather late beginner, early mid tier experienced players worst nightmare and leaving my complicated but devastating approach aside, the fact that there was no mention of concordant crossroads means they are completely open to any sort of wipe for one turn after dropping all their threats. -plus, as an aside, any enemy play that negates high creature pressure like a simple worship enchantment also negate their play without answers.
Also means they never played against any more dedicated combo, I mean, all they do is swing for high damage next turn, whereas I can swing for infinite next turn on turn three with a total five mana investment on mono green.
I guess you could take this as a comment on the police being brutal and unrefined, but I believe it is a comment on the scariest thing they ever saw was a craterhoof, not a squirrel nest, and I admit, in a vaccum, to a new player, the squirrel nest looks pretty harmless, but hey, if we get the ideal draw, let him run green white with mana accel, crusade, doubling avenger craterhoof and whatever else was there, I'll run green with splash blue with a earthcraft, squirrel nest, FoW, PoN and. let's say beast within and an ertai's meddling and be happy with it, let's see who drops more decks from go to finish in otherwise equal games. Heck, If he insists on equal colors I'ma go with earthcraft, nest, witness, replenish, teferis protection and a mana tithe because yolo.

Last edited:

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Clearly, more than you two. My playgroup focus on t4 kills that either ramp hard and swing for a quick close, or durdle into a wincon. My friend mentioned yesterday that he went 9 mana into a t2 kill and nobody could do anything because, like I said, green just does that kind of stupid shit. Either neither of you are good at building decks, or you're shit in general. Not my fault if you can't figure out how a green deck pumps itself to 14 mana before turn 6. Here's a hint: EDH has two cards that start with "mana".

Either way, I win. Wipe is the best answer. Given that he's on T6 and landfetched his way to 400 saprolings (IDFK what math you used guy) had doubling, cathar, AOZ, a tutor, and a catspawn in his hand, started the game with at least 2 mana (I dunno who plays dual color and won't want both in the opening)
Where the Hell are you getting a catspawn? And let's say I have doubling/catthar's/AoZ/Orrery/GSZ to play off. I opened Mana Crypt/Vault/Sol Ring/forest/plains and I had busted draws into all my ramp and also a gilded lotus because apparently you have all the counters and all the wipes, right? So, I open with my very improbable hand, get my very improbable pieces before t4, plop down some pain, and then proceed to run into a wipe, to which I either drop a Teferi's (because if you have all the answers, why can't I have a response?) or pull something else out of my ass. Do you see what happens when I over-examine a joke/example/hypothetical/etc? Suddenly, we all have the super-power of "I can do anything!" and get into stupid arguments about shit that'll happen maybe once every 150 years.

and an accelerator, probably played a landfetch on T2 he's got no room for an artifact kill or really any way to keep those suckers away from a mass destruction/exile effect. Hell, even at the more reasonable number of 10 saprolings with mana reflections he's got no room. Given that he's only drawn 13 cards (including opening hand) from the top of his deck at this point.
You're really reaching, son. I'm not playing on your basic level. I play a combination competitive/casual. I've learned the art of breaking something, or making something that is even more broken, ridiculous.

And no, there's no way in hell I'm believing he drew this combo by T6 with some sort of green draw enchant as well. I'm okay with jumping the shark, but jumping it twice? Nope. If you get a combo like this frequently well, someone else needs to be shuffling your deck for you.
Lol Green draw enchantment? it before you go infinite. ? I shouldn't have one of or artifact hate spells in my deck? Not my fault you're the relying on a single strategy with no options to respond to anything else.

I guess you could take this as a comment on the police being brutal and unrefined, but I believe it is a comment on the scariest thing they ever saw was a craterhoof, not a squirrel nest, and I admit, in a vaccum, to a new player, the squirrel nest looks pretty harmless, but hey, if we get the ideal draw, let him run green white with mana accel, crusade, doubling avenger craterhoof and whatever else was there, I'll run green with splash blue with a earthcraft, squirrel nest, FoW, PoN and. let's say beast within and an ertai's meddling and be happy with it, let's see who drops more decks from go to finish in otherwise equal games. Heck, If he insists on equal colors I'ma go with earthcraft, nest, witness, replenish, teferis protection and a mana tithe because yolo.
It was more a half-ass attempt at a light joke/example of "what if we resolved all crimes via playing a card game" made on the fly. You and Slicer decided to expose your power levels and shit ability at EDH by trying to dissect something that wouldn't stand up to scrutiny to begin with for obvious reasons. Also, have fun running blue. If you want to counter a selesnya cat/ramp deck, you're better off going dimir or esper to keep me down. Azorius only limits my ability to close quickly, and can only do so if I'm a retard you seem to believe everyone but you is, and don't run any hate. Yeah, no, I'm holding onto my shit and hitting you with hate and then slapping your shit for being annoying. gg, play a better color combination.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Goddamn you really cared about what we wrote way more than at least I for my part did typin it eh.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Goddamn you really cared about what we wrote way more than at least I for my part did typin it eh.

So, basically,

Goddamn Millhouse's and their shit.

Edit:

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Hahahaha, we made him look up advanced strats! And yet... he's still using combat to deal damage. Protip; If you wanna get gud, avoid strats that use combat damage to fail.

Well, unless you're playing some shitty "I don't plan to do anything but be a nuisance" deck.
You mean a "Make tryhards cry with rage" deck? The answer is that I sure fuckin do! I don't give a shit about winning a rando chance cardgame when I've got the ability to ruin an hour or two of your life with minimal effort.

Where the Hell are you getting a catspawn?
Right here. \/

Or I run White Sun's Zenith and cast it at instant speed when the blue player is already preoccupied. Goddamn, that card you're showing is hot garbage. Never talk to me or my Seleson again.

And you want to talk about jumping the shark, how about you having answers and a wipe in-hand at the same moment I decide to swing? Yeah, okay, sure bud.
I just... really though? It's really that much of a strech for your opponent to have a wipe in hand before T6? REALLY?

My t6 ramp to 15 and swing with a dozen saporlings (You're the dumbass who said 40, not me.)
No shithead, YOU said 400 Saprolings, just look \/

Suspect: I play Yahenni and pass.

Cop: I'll drop an Avenger of Zendikar with Doubling Season and Cathar's |Crusade on the board, then Green Sun's Zenith to go into Craterhoof. I'll play Beastmaster's Ascension and go to combat. 400 Saporlings, Crater hoof, and Avenger all with Tramp swinging your way.

Suspect: ...

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Hahahaha, we made him look up advanced strats! And yet... he's still using combat to deal damage. Protip; If you wanna get gud, avoid strats that use combat damage to fail.
Hoiohoi, I just had an ulrich werewolf tribal mirror in EDH and it was insane fun. Basically figuring out with how much you could attack and not die from a suprise-buffed backswing. First 3 player I won by basically dropping out wolf tokens like it's mating season and spending 5 minutes explaining to someone how yes, armed/dangerous does kill them if I use it right. Last game I won a one on one for the lulz with 11 hp left and a suprise berserk for the win for like 25 damage a swing.
Funnest part was that we both had dead cards like blood moon and homeward path against 'less fair' decks sitting dead in hand and bitching about it. ^^

Thinking about it, even my semi-competetive B/W control still goes for hp damage win. Only my full on competetive nasty Teysa 1 deck doesn't care about damage and plays the digging for one of ten infinite boom booms thing. (My favourite is bitter ordeal because people don't expect storm from this card setup... plus it works as emergency combo-breaker in round two in tournaments. ^^)

This is the MTG-News thread now, deal with it.

Last edited: