What's new

RPG Maker Games Movement Speed

Lokes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey there, I wanted to ask you, if there is a way to change the current movement speed in a rpg maker game. I know that usually you can use "shift" to trigger "dash" but isn't there like.. another solution, where you first: dont have to hold shift down and second: maybe make it even faster?

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
Re: RPG Maker Games Movement Speed

No idea, sorry. :/

somedude2448

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey there, I wanted to ask you, if there is a way to change the current movement speed in a rpg maker game. I know that usually you can use "shift" to trigger "dash" but isn't there like.. another solution, where you first: dont have to hold shift down and second: maybe make it even faster?
It depends on what you mean. If you mean while playing someone else game. The answer is sadly no, you are stuck with how they made the game (i.e. holding down shift). If you mean, you are making an RPG game from the program. You can setup an event to increase the movement speed of the Player, that would solve the problem.

OP
Lokes

Lokes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It depends on what you mean. If you mean while playing someone else game. The answer is sadly no, you are stuck with how they made the game (i.e. holding down shift). If you mean, you are making an RPG game from the program. You can setup an event to increase the movement speed of the Player, that would solve the problem.
Mhm I see... well I meant for playing someone else's game sadly. I thought there was a way to simply edit the movement speed somehow.

Anyways, thank you very much for clarifying things.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can always use Cheat Engine. It has a built-in speed multiplication. I use it for a lot of RPG Maker Games because either the combat or movement speed is too slow for my tastes.