What's new

Xbox scorpio worth it

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
Re: Xbox scorpio worth it

Mmmkay, I thought this thread devolved into a discussion on why PC is better.
To be fair, the thread already tipped its toe into those waters, and it might end up as such in the end. ^^;

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sure, get a nintendo. As long as you don't want to play more than 5 serious single-player games throughout the life of your purchase.

Oh, and amiibos.

Also, switch controllers are like 70-80$ so enjoy that.

OP
hentfreak

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What really makes me ponder is that sometimes Exclusives get released later on the PC( Bayonetta, Final Fantasy 13 , Dark Souls etc.):eek:

Makes me question if i should not just wait for PC release :confused:( Seriously when will FF 15 come out for PC???)

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Gonna be waiting a while if Final Fantasys are what you're after. Not only does squenix have a lackluster port record, any game they release on PC gets denuvo bullshit so it hogs resources and makes the game run even worse.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Speaking of console exclusives coming to PC

Monster hunter

Cappy

Reputation score

Exclusives are the fusion powered robot-legs holding up the dismembered beaten horse carcass that is traditional console gaming*. The legs would have been better utilized elsewhere, is the point I'm getting at.

*(IE, non-revolutionary and non-innovative, this analogy wouldn't include things like independent motion control, experimental builds and VR. Maybe handhelds too, but if your gimmick is 3d maybe try nintendon't. lmao)

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

In terms of exclusives, I would say PC. But, as it's about PS4 v Xbox:

You can sort those by exclusives and it seems that PS4 have more than Xbox One.
I am not sure exactly if Microsoft will treat scorpio as new generation or updated version of X-One (like PS4 Pro is). If latter, then whole game library stays, if not then it will depend on backward compatibility (which lately seems like none) and whole new games for it with remasters/remakes.

What really makes me ponder is that sometimes Exclusives get released later on the PC( Bayonetta, Final Fantasy 13 , Dark Souls etc.):eek:

Makes me question if i should not just wait for PC release :confused:( Seriously when will FF 15 come out for PC???)
FF15 for PC is on it's way (unless info from march 2017 is bullshit).
It all comes to this: Some games will never be available and will stay as exclusives. That happens.
Question is: Do I want to play them? Fuck yeah? Then either emulation or getting console it's available on.
Sure, taking games hostage is a shitty practice, but not illegal.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I am not sure exactly if Microsoft will treat scorpio as new generation or updated version of X-One (like PS4 Pro is). If latter, then whole game library stays, if not then it will depend on backward compatibility (which lately seems like none) and whole new games for it with remasters/remakes
It's being advertised as a "mid-generation update" which means it SHOULD be backwards compatible with Xbone. It also has virtually identical CPU and everything, it's just clocked a little higher and comes with a better GPU. But, y'know, this is Microsoft we're talking about, so there's no guarantee they won't screw it up.