What's new

Chiitrans troubleshooting

theaq44

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Recently I tried redownloading chiitrans to translate some games for me. Howvere the translations aren't working. the game can launch through chiitrans like it normally would, but it's just not translating anything on screen, The text box just remains blank. It was working before i fiddled with it just fine. I must have forgotten some settings or something.

Edit: It dosn'e seem to be monitoring any threads.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Chiitrans troubleshooting

Your source download might be corrupted, if it worked before for the same games. Or possibly the latest version doesn't work well... Try finding a new source or older file, or reset settings maybe?

Might also be, you turned off the translating tools/websites/things that chiitrans uses; remember you could choose which ones were on, just has been a while since last used it.

OP
theaq44

theaq44

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I doubt the file itself is corrupted as the site is exactly the same as the last time I downloaded it. Whenever I try to translate from the clipboard, it just gives me a bunch of server errors and 404s. It could be something in the setting, but there is so little to fiddle with as it is.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It could be the games themselves then, sometimes chiitrans can't hook any text. Which ones are you trying to hook?

If that's not it, could be chiitrans didn't extract properly. Maybe try extracting again, it'll reset everything at the least.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

it just gives me a bunch of server errors and 404s.
This makes me think that something's blocking it's communication with the internets. Could be wrong, as I have no idea how this program operates.