No announcement yet.

Flu vaccinations...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet there are medicines that cause you to bleed from your asshole... And that's not even the worst side affect one can experience from a substance that is intended to improve their health. Yet physicians prescribe them still.

Doesn't seem to live up to the hippocratic oath to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pervy View Post

Well be a chum and help me understand what your problem here is, not that I disagree that theres black sheep in every profession but what exactly did you want of the doctors there?
      Should they have told you something along the line of 'This new spray sucks and you shouldn't use it'?
      No Pervy, im not trying to play a smartass (but im doing a bad job i guess) just dont like being lied to. The inhaler might be the best one on the whole globe and i get your angle about maybe the test phase was finnished and stuff but isnt it a little strange that im being bothered with "annual asthma check letters once in...half year and a guy who went there(days later than i did and agreed to doctors offer to use the new, better one) and he told me he already had 3 letters saying "come back and leave feedback" in 2 months time?
      If you see my post having some bad grammar do send a PM with correction. You wont be slagged off.

0- zero 1- jeden 2- dwa 3- trzy 4- cztery 5- pięć 6-sześć 7-siedem 8-osiem 9-dziewięć 10-dziesięć 11-jedenaście 12-dwanaście 13-trzynaście 14-czternaście 15-piętnaście 16-szesnaście 17-siedemnaście 18-osiemnaście 19-dziewiętnaście 20-dwadzieścia

Comment

They use to make me sick constantly as a kid.

When I got to be 18, never taken 1 since then. Now I hardy or almost never get sick.
        Play this in my funeral.
        Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by super_slicer View Post
          And yet there are medicines that cause you to bleed from your asshole... And that's not even the worst side affect one can experience from a substance that is intended to improve their health. Yet physicians prescribe them still.

Doesn't seem to live up to the hippocratic oath to me.
          Know what also does that? Untreated sicknesses. I doubt you even read the hippocratic oath but it doesn't say 'do no harm' else no surgeon would take it, it says treat sick folks 'to their benefit'. I dunno about you, but I'd not mind rectal bleeding if the alternative was a necrotizing fasciitis going untreated.
          I don't know if you're being contrarian for contrarians sake, but here's the gist of it:
          Every side effect is measured against positive effects in comparison, with the least side effects being reversible cosmetical changes, the most being death. Then, the frequency of the side effect and it's harmfulness is measured up against the illness we're treating, for example, a 90% of causing headaches and vomitting is an acceptable risk if the illness causes blindness. Similiarly it's ok if it causes a 1% rectal bleeding which is nonlethal to most, but still cures an illness that has a 10% or even 1% chance of making you blind.
          Also, if you are talking about vaccinations in specific, listen up closely, because this bit is important: The only side effects a vaccination can give you is what the illness already would have given you anyway. (excluding rare allergic reactions to be precise). So basically, to get anal bleeding you need a vaccination to some serious gastro-intestinal infective diseases, which by the by can cause death through dehydration in old people and infants.

but isnt it a little strange that im being bothered with "annual asthma check letters once in...half year and a guy who went there(days later than i did and agreed to doctors offer to use the new, better one) and he told me he already had 3 letters saying "come back and leave feedback" in 2 months time?
          Hey, not gonna lie, it is a bit odd, I got no clue what health system you act in and some of them are corrupt. I'm just telling you not to overthink these things either, what stops you from giving the new thing a try and saying it's crap if it is.
          Last edited by Pervy; 3 weeks ago.
          Play my naughty games here:

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiiki View Post
            Noxamvero et maleficium propulsabo.
            Primum non nocere.
            Primum non nocere was added later, in 17th century or something like that (don't care as much).
            First one should be more important. Also... EVERY medicine has a list of all known side effects and warnings who should and shouldn't take it. People are expected to read that and use their brain. When I am concerned about effects of a medicine, I will call/visit a doc with that medicine and say my concerns while he/she checks my medical history. Always have limited trust and concerns if you feel there should be any. Not because doctors are quacks most of time, but because they are just humans. Shitload of patients every day can cause a mistake. Be responsible, talk about medical history, say your concerns. Sometimes few words can save you from something and a doc from making a mistake.
            And from time to time, there will be that one quack not suited for his/her job, if that happens it's important to remove that person from medical field, indefinitely.
            Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
            Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
            鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Primum non nocere was added later, in 17th century or something like that (don't care as much).
              Uh, not quite. Primum non nocere sounds really cool and is easy to translate for most because its grammar matches the english language but that already should put up a warning light.
              It's an oath translated from greek into latin into english and still loses none of it's meaning? Primum non nocere just sounds good and is easy to remember.

First do no harm is NOT in the oath at all, this is the actual passage of the oath relevant to harming a patient:
              I will follow that system of regimen which, according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patients, and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous.
              Last edited by Pervy; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Why do I get the feeling Slicer put this up knowing Pervy is sensitive about his fake doctor licence.
                Play this in my funeral.
                Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Zepheral View Post
                  Why do I get the feeling Slicer put this up knowing Pervy is sensitive about his fake doctor licence.
                  Awww, you beat me to it...

I knew it'd take more than just the normal chiding, thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Eh. If he keeps dramabaiting and adding little of value I'll just ignore him like I do that arrogant lurker thing, pretty close to that actually.

Comment

Why not prescribe yourself some burn cream?

Edit: I just consulted the only medical professional I trust :

Last edited by super_slicer; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

You keep this up Slicer, I wont let you play with my cool toys anymore.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primum_non_nocere
                          Using shitpedia:
                          The origin of the phrase is uncertain. The Hippocratic Oath includes the promise "to abstain from doing harm" (Greek: ἐπὶ δηλήσει δὲ καὶ ἀδικίῃ εἴρξειν) but does not include the precise phrase. Perhaps the closest approximation in the Hippocratic Corpus is in Epidemics:[2]"The physician must ... have two special objects in view with regard to disease, namely, to do good or to do no harm" (book I, sect. 11, trans. Adams, Greek: ἀσκέειν, περὶ τὰ νουσήματα, δύο, ὠφελέειν, ἢ μὴ βλάπτειν).
                          (...) Rather than being of ancient origin as usually assumed, the specific expression, and its even more distinctive associated Latin phrase, has been traced back to an attribution to Thomas Sydenham (16241689) in a book by Thomas Inman (1860), (...)

But yeah, as Pervy said, not a part of the oath, that's why it was below Noxamvero et maleficium propulsabo, thrown in as an extra that most people know.
                          Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                          Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                          鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Working...
                          X