What's new

How to translate RPGM games?

darkdesire666

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm just going to put this out there first: this new forum sucks. The most important feature, the search, is missing. So before you say "have you tried searching for xxx?" the answer is no, I physically can't search for any resources on this forum. And to those to say "have you looked up on google hurrdurrImsosmartcuzIcangoogle?" the answer is yes, but the solutions are irrelevant (more on that later).

Ok, so onto the main point. How do you translate jrpg games? The two main solutions that I found online were to use chiitrans lite or AGTH. But both rely on grabbing the text and having Atlas translate it. Main problem is, Atlas no longer seems to be updated (last update for V14 was in 2015), and all trial versions were taken down. Furthermore, there's no legit looking torrents/downloads out there of the cracked version. Other software, such as the one that came out in january this year that machine translated the text in the files of the game, are discontinued and no longer work.

So yes, I have looked extensively and no, I have not found any viable solutions on translating rpgm games. So if someone would be so kind as to point me to resources, I'd be really grateful.

lygarx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
use this tool

actual translation tools notwithstanding.

Discard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I chose the game location, but nothing happens. Look at the image above

OP
darkdesire666

darkdesire666

Demon Girl
Reputation score
RPGMaker Trans requires you to have patched files beforehand. As in the text, item, etc rpgm files must be translated beforehand. That being said, you can only have a translation if you already have a patch, while doesn't apply for recent games.

I'm looking for a program that hooks the text and translates it as the game runs.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
ChiiTrans worked well last time I ever machine translated something, with plenty of different options in case one translator server fails. I've no idea what Chiitrans Lite is, but sounds like far too "lite" of a program :3

Translating is talked about quite a bit, so I'd be honestly surprised if there wasn't a sticky'd thread somewhere for this already, with more programs mentioned.

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Discard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Not a sticky, but on the first page:
https://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai-games/translations/13423-tool-rpg-maker-auto-translator
Didn't read it, didn't check it, machine translations without human touch are... well, it's mostly unreadable garbage xD
I checked that out. Can not cope with the game I wish to translate. Nevertheless, do keep an eye on the issues regarding that program, you need to provide an API for the translation service, as the website that program uses - is offline/dead.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
So I checked something regarding this translator, because you said it's not working with the rpgm game you have. So I assumed it's not working with MV. Checked and:
"The tool supports RPG Maker XP, VX, and VX Ace. There is currently no extract or translation aid tool for MV."
Last sentence, until something changed, you may be fucked on the issue :p

May be, because I just googled and I found this: https://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hentai...maker-mv-games
No, I didn't check this one out, it already took me 2 min to google this :p

Would be best to figure out what type of RPGM game you have, if there is "www" folder next to .exe, it's RPG maker MV, if it's something else: XP, VX or VX Ace.
With that, you can narrow your search to pinpoint it. ALSO, keep in mind that there is also Wolf RPG, just saying.

In the end, you have two options: You either can find something that works for a game you have OR you can find information that there is nothing at the moment.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
To identify an rpg maker game, well, other than the complicated peek at a file extension that gives it away, you can simply look at the game itself.*

MV controls with a mouse or touch-screen with a subtle light up indicator to where you move to.
XP has completely different, larger graphics for characters.
VX/Ace is rather similiar in both versions, but are also mostly comparable in compatibility anywhoo.

*All of this can in theory be changed and adjusted through scripts, but is a lot of work so few would bother.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I wasn't aware you could enjoy that game to such an extend. It's purpose is to teach you new ways of insulting those you depend on.

edit p.s. hooh you're telling me I can get a bit of money for my all but the newest couple of champs unlocked old Diamond account.. hmmnnn.. eh. too lazy.