What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Rubi Malone is very awesome! Bayonetta does look like Sarah Palin, except her costume is made entirely of hair.

Rubi Malone

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Rubi Malone is very awesome! Bayonetta does look like Sarah Palin, except her costume is made entirely of hair.
What do you think Palin's outfit was made of? Or, wait, Bayonetta uses her OWN hair...

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What do you think Palin's outfit was made of? Or, wait, Bayonetta uses her OWN hair...
Yep. Think of all the money she saves on clothing... only to spend it on shampoo and conditioner.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yeah but you dont spend £100 for one bottle of shampoo/conditioner.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Maybe not, but considering it may take like a full bottle for like, two showers. Look at all that damn hair!

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I fucking hate games that are console only. Especially when they've been made for the Xblock. IT'S THE SAME FUCKING CODE YOU DOUCHEBAGS, JUST CHANGE THE CONTROLS A LITTLE BIT.

Ugh. Lazy asses.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

So what game aren't you getting that you want, Alias?

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Well seeing as I'm a game designer, I like to play all games, especially ones that have been hailed by others as worth playing (such as, for example, Wet and Bayonetta), or even just interesting (as in Bayonetta's case). But I can't, because I don't have a PS3 or Xblock, and even if I did, couldn't afford to drop $50 on it anyway. I wasn't talking about a specific game - it just bugs me when I can't play something that sounds cool just because the devs didn't feel like making a port.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I can agree with you there. So many nifty games, so few cash for systems. I guess part of me kind of likes the exclusiveness of certain things, but on the same coin, it's only if I have the system, so there goes that argument right there. Lately, having a slew of different systems that I play on, I've been more comparing game mechanics and the notion of "Well, why *can't* this be on X system?" Mostly seeing this on Kingdom hearts 358/2. All I've played so far, I'm like "Okay, and this had to only be on the DS, why?" I mean, they converted Chain of Memories to a PS2 game from a Gameboy (still haven't tried it yet, not sure how well that's going to work...) and 358 plays very similar to regular KH. I think it'd be easier with a standard controler than a handheld system, but that's just me. And knowing Squenix, sometime down the road, they'll probably do it, long after I've beaten the game *laughs*

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

At least handheld games are easy peasy to emulate. For any cool Xbox games I'm going to have to wait half a decade or more for that to happen. Hell, we still haven't gotten PS2 emulation down well enough for me to be satisfied with the gaming experience, and that system is actually pretty old.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If a game isn't ported to the PC, I stop caring about it and whoever thought it was a good idea to make it console only.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I don't know why you're interested in Wet or Bayonetta, because they are for the "Xblock".
So if you don't have a game system, just go the route of Obe, and stop caring about it and ignore discussions about it.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Wait, are you talking to Obe when you say that? Him? Interested in Bayonetta and Wet?

That's so painfully ironic, I think I could make a suit of armor out of it.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I read your message a few time and didn't really get what you were saying. If it was negative and directed at me, then I hate you and you smell bad. :mad:

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I fucking hate games that are console only. Especially when they've been made for the Xblock. IT'S THE SAME FUCKING CODE YOU DOUCHEBAGS, JUST CHANGE THE CONTROLS A LITTLE BIT.

Ugh. Lazy asses.
Uh no it's not. I don't claim to be an expert but I do know that there's vast difference in coding for different platforms. Look at how long it's taken Google to make a version of their browser to Linux. If it was that easy, they'd have released it to Linux, Mac and Windows at the same time.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Yes, consoles use different engines or w/e (lol, can ya tell I'm winging it :p), but I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't take more than a day or two to convert a game from one system to another once it's laid out. A week at most if the devs are lazy but actually WANT to get it done.

Copper, Chain of Memories is... slightly better on the PS2. Personally I still hate it because of the card system, but if you liked it, go for it. Being able to move in 3D instead of 2D makes it a bit easier.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Not to mention 3D Axel...I mean, um yeah...easier controls and maneuverabilty. Cool!

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Uh no it's not. I don't claim to be an expert but I do know that there's vast difference in coding for different platforms. Look at how long it's taken Google to make a version of their browser to Linux. If it was that easy, they'd have released it to Linux, Mac and Windows at the same time.
Actually, it is. When you're using the XNA platform for C#, you can literally create a game for the XBOX360 that runs on the PC. The only differences are the control schemes, where you code a slightly more complicated version of:

If (we're on a pc)
<control code>
else if (xbox360 controller is connected)
<control code>

So if a game is made for the Xbox, you can literally re-use at least 90% of the code to port it to the PC.

The Windows operating system is COMPLETELY different from Unix. That was a really poor example. Especially when you think: The Xbox is produced by the same company as Windows.

And for future reference, I do claim to be an expert as I'm a third year Game Design and Development major.

Edit: That came out a little snottier than I intended. I guess the main reason I know that is because the major that I'm in focuses more on the XNA platform and programming for the 360 (unfortunately). I think part of their funding comes from Microsoft, we have all sorts of seminars from them.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Nono, don't apologize. That was a raping and you deserve every ounce of its awesome. Plus we got to learn a thing or two just now.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Actually, it is. When you're using the XNA platform for C#, you can literally create a game for the XBOX360 that runs on the PC. The only differences are the control schemes, where you code a slightly more complicated version of:

If (we're on a pc)
<control code>
else if (xbox360 controller is connected)
<control code>

So if a game is made for the Xbox, you can literally re-use at least 90% of the code to port it to the PC.

The Windows operating system is COMPLETELY different from Unix. That was a really poor example. Especially when you think: The Xbox is produced by the same company as Windows.

And for future reference, I do claim to be an expert as I'm a third year Game Design and Development major.

Edit: That came out a little snottier than I intended. I guess the main reason I know that is because the major that I'm in focuses more on the XNA platform and programming for the 360 (unfortunately). I think part of their funding comes from Microsoft, we have all sorts of seminars from them.
Wait, does that mean that you're Microsoft's slut?