Games Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Games Discussion Thread

Just finished Agents of Mayhem. What a frustratingly mediocre game. I really expected better from the team that made Saints Row 4. Dialogue isn't funny enough, the parody aspect isn't apparent enough, voice acting isn't good enough, the city isn't big enough... Just - not enough. If you want to run havoc in an open world, play Saints Row 3 or 4 again instead.
    Warning! The post above is likely to contain opinion! Do not consume if allergic!

Comment

Re: Games Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Rule 34 View Post
      Just finished Agents of Mayhem. What a frustratingly mediocre game. I really expected better from the team that made Saints Row 4. Dialogue isn't funny enough, the parody aspect isn't apparent enough, voice acting isn't good enough, the city isn't big enough... Just - not enough. If you want to run havoc in an open world, play Saints Row 3 or 4 again instead.
      Seems to be the general reaction. Not a bad game, but everyone expected more.
      Kin die. Cattle die. Oneself must also die.
      But I know one thing that does not perish.
      The judgement over worthy men.

- Odin, The Elder Edda.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzknOpQTX0s
        Well it's a good compilation of game censorship in 2017.
        Some of those changes are small shit, but it boils my blood when someone decides for me what is good for my eyes and what isn't.
        Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
        Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
        鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

That was less than I expected
          Mostly the usual "Germany bans all nazi references", "US bans all sorts of nudity and demands redesigns for puritanical standards" and "Violence toned down"

It's pretty shit still though
          With occasional game reviews at https://tocopinion.blogspot.nl/

Comment

Tell me how this sounds:

Imagine Trouble in Terrorist town

>40 players per match
            >around 8 unique roles, each one with their own objective
            >some have inventory, others (like the dispatcher) play from a GUI while issuing directions to other players
            >fully interactive environment
            >physics
            >gameplay involves fire, players can set the fire alarm
            >a functional elevator with 26 floors and simulated wait time
            >body located damage (leg, foot, arm, hand, shoulder, lower torso, hip, head, neck, upper torso)
            >you can get incapacitated instead of simply killed, and other players can save you
            >shooting someone's leg makes them look injured and walk slower
            >fire intoxication mechanic
            >some players can help others evacuate
            >NPCS to simulate students, which will interact to players that reveal weapons regardless of these being the school shooter or the law enforcement
            >able to carry incapacitated people
            >AK-47, 9mm and Pipe Bomb for suspect
            >M16, Shotgun and 9mm for law enforcement
            >vehicles ranging from ambulances to police cars to fire trucks
            >the doctors have a bunch of mechanics and mingames that simulate triage and medical assistance they need to go through to save other players, including diagnosing the problem
            >firefighters also have their own mechanics and minigames regarding firefighting, all meant to simulate a real life scenario
            >fully functional water hose
            >a "KNOX BOX" which the both sides can use to control the building's automatic systems and doors for strategic value
            >law enforcement has a dispatcher to assign other players instructions
            >there is a civilian role for you to fuck around and just watch the spectacle
            >you can barricade doors and make defenses

More features than some AAA games
            And made entirely with government money
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BMo...ature=youtu.be

But, it's not available yet. GOTY 2018?

Comment

I think most law enforcement has switch over to 45 caliber rounds by now.

Other than that, I got a red orchestra feeling when reading so that sounds awesome.

Downside is, I wouldn't want to fuck around playing as anything but the shooty classes. And lord knows it's going to be random class assignment or everyone's going to have a gun.

Comment

It may also never become available to civilians because it's government stuff. Instead of the expected leaks+Maybe LAN fuckery or something, they're using a central server and you need a government account+Password

Maybe someone will leak it and modify or something, but it just shows that AAA games aren't really putting in effort if gov can shit this out for training purposes

Comment

Originally posted by XSI View Post
                  (...) but it just shows that AAA games aren't really putting in effort (...)
                  Welcome to the club, few years late or not, it's still good that you are here now.
                  Seriously though, AAA should be changed to CSS - Corporate Shit Show.
                  Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                  Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                  鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Working...
                  X