Reputation score
If you agree with that quote,

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: "When it comes to efficiency, keyboard + mouse > dual analog is an opinion."

Think of it this way:

On a controller if you hold the joystick to the right for one second, then to the left for one second you will have aimed at something new and then returned to your original aiming point.

On a mouse if you move the it to the right one inch, then to the left one inch you will have done the same thing, no mater how fast you move it.

Consol aiming is time throttled by necessity. Mouse targeting is, for the most part, not throttled. Mouse users will always be able to react faster then controller users.
I found that one interesting

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: "When it comes to efficiency, keyboard + mouse > dual analog is an opinion."

I expect to see Sinful.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well I wasn't gonna say anything, but I can't let RJ down. Really, all I had said before was that I was more effective. I'm shit with the mouse for some reason, maybe I'm just fucked up. Or maybe I just need a better damn computer/ mouse and need to play PC a bit more often.

Nah. I save PC for strategy. Don't want to clutter it up with games I can play easily enough on the xbox then sell back for other games.

Faced with this though, there's nothing I can say to back up my statement. So I loose, and I'm wrong. It happens.

Still, did we really need to make a new thread for this when there was a conversation surrounding this in another thread already? Really?

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What thread? What?

also "so I loose"

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What thread? What?

also "so I loose"
The Games Discussion Thread. There was discussion on mouse/keyboard vs. controllers. Rather fitting place.

And as for your second point... so?

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh. Well anyway, here's a new thread for it because I don't read every single thread here.

And I just love pointing out fuckups like that, sue me.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

It's obe, what do you expect. Anywho, honestly it kind of upsets me to have actual statistics on the issue, because that means they'll be less attempts to make multi-platform games. Though perhaps with a game like Operation Flashpoint, with its (purposefully) wonky aiming system, the fight would be more fair.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I remember that one game, Shadowrun, was cross platform.

They practically gave console gamers auto aim so that they could compete with pc gamers.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

To be completely honest, I am feeling extremely smug right now.

Edit: I found this to be extremely humorous as well:

I call bullshit on this. First, I want the names or atleast usernames of the Xbox players. Second, what maps and gametype were they playing? Third, was auto-aim off for the Xbox players? Fourth, I want a video of this to see if there was any cheating or other bullshit going on. Also what equipment was the PC gamers using as the input lag could be a significant factor?

There are advantages to PC but I highly doubt that the best Xbox users couldn't beat the crap out of some regular PC users.

Don't just throw statements out there without some data back this up.
First one doesn't matter at all, I fail to see how knowing or not knowing Xbox user handles would help this guy with his statement of bullshit. Maps and gametype... again, how does this matter? Especially when the article said that the results were consistent. Third... auto-aim??? Is he seriously saying the Xbox people lost because they didn't have AUTO-AIM??? Well if PC users beat them clearly they cheated. Other technical bullshit... then he fully admits that PCs are better than Xbox's, and goes on to prove his statement of bullshit that the EXPERT Xbox users, the ones who are the BEST at gaming with their Xbox, would beat ordinary average Joe PC users.

NO SHIT.

People who are better GENERALLY WIN. Cannot believe this guy actually takes himself seriously.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Faced with this though, there's nothing I can say to back up my statement. So I loose, and I'm wrong. It happens.
Yeah, I am too, Alias, but I think for a different reason.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, hello there...
I'd give you the finger and say I open at one, but yer not invited. You have darkfire.

And yeah, it did take me this long to figure out my own typo.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

This thread is silly. I don't remember Sin ever saying that dual analogue was actually better or more efficient than keyboard+mouse. I even said repeatedly that I acknowledge the keyboard+mouse is a better control system. Mixing the platforms like that has always been an interesting idea, but one I can't see working in a straight fight.

The frequent comments of "Lol my mouse is better than your puny controller" I see around places like youtube are rather tireing. And I mean I do see that a lot. It's like a secondary hidden platform war, of PC vs Console. The console side rarely bothers to argue back because the ones with sense know that the PC simply is capable of more (spare for three times the price), unfortunately leaving only a few consoletards to nerd rage back. But this doesn't stop the PC-snobs piping up every time to boast about their superior machine. The whole ego thing bugs me.

As a side note, while I can't speak for all games, auto aim in multiplayer Halo only adjusts the aim speed while the cross hair is near other players, not just magically snapping the aim to them. Most high level players go through an adapting stage where they turn it off so that it doesn't interfere with their aim in tougher competition.

Also whilst that first quote from Toxic is perfectly right regardless, who the hell needs to aim left for a whole second?

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I never posted this with any specific poster in mind. I got a kick out of that article and directed this thread to anybody who thinks the dual analog is more efficient and precise than keyboard + mouse.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Oh ok. I guess I just didn't believe you or something when you said that the first time. Brain kinda dismissed that line.

One cross platform effort that got my attention was Eve online's plans to mix the player bases by having x-box owners fight as soldiers in planet side ground wars for the space borne PC players. Two totally different games/genres affecting the same MMO world. PC captains, corporate and empire leaders would spend in game money hiring x-box based mercenary companies and freelancers. You want to get the highest ranking fighters for your war, you better be prepared to spend more on them. Supposedly PC players can offer orbital intel and fire support options by having appropriate systems installed on their ships and sticking around to supervise the battle.

The article I read was all rather vague, and you've got to wonder how well it will work, but it's an interesting one.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm actually glad this was posted cuz that day, me and my friends were talking about why there wasn't already connections between the two, then it turns out that console and pc gaming is just too different and there was already tests and even a game that had already done it.

And just to clarify, you probably already know that quote wasn't mine and was just referring it to me cuz I posted it here, but in case anyone didn't, that quote is not my words at all.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I am a Combat Sniper,

People shoot at me and I put sleeping pills into them with a very short span of time...

I have gotten quite good at this during this Modern Warefare 2 J-tagging Fiasco... I've had to...

But EVERY time I play a PC shooter I pick my Sniper rife up, Aim down the site, Scope some joes head into the crosshair... And miss...

Re- Aim Mils it to where he's heading, Obviously he was moving by then... And... Miss...

Then I'm usually dead from across the map from there Pistol fire...

All I know is I ejected my friends Halo:2 from the tower walked home grabbed my 360 and brought an old copy of H2 and tried it again...

I found out there WAS a lag... On our end... But not enough for me to miss THAT much, I scored a hit the second round and started my headhunting on the third...

Thats not the first time though I've gotten "Owned" on a PC when I should have been doing the opposite though,

Counterstrike had one of the worst responsiveness I've ever seen.. So I stoped playing it altogether, But thats not the point, point is I Started winning:

On a controller... Where I couldn't hit anything on Mouse with the same amount of Lag...

Down with Mouse games!

Give em to your kitties!

Last edited: