What's new

Member Announcements Thread

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcments Thread

Seconded. Welcome back Pbird.
Thanks you two...I just have a tendency to vanish fora bit every so often.
Not that college helped any. It's kinda been kicking my rear into a new schedule. >.>

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Welcome back Pbird, and thanks for the congrats.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd rather not leave Oni alone with Dark, but a lesbian wedding... and sly doing everything she wanted to do to sin... fuck.
I have a feeling it's going to be a lot more than just that...

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Aye it will be, but boys will always have their imagination.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I have had some internet issues that have kept me offline. Might be back as early as tomorrow, but uncertain. Sorry. It all depends on how fast AT&T gets their asses in gear."
Surprisingly enough, they actually ended up getting their asses in gear faster than what we were told. According to them, it was going to be Monday before my return...

...Not that I'm complaining now.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Welcome back fellow wolf

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I think this is a bit overdue but here we go;

So, I guess I should explain why I’ve not been on the net since the end of last year. Short story; it’s because my mother is a bitch. Long story; After uninstalling the trial version of Microsoft Office I noticed my laptop didn’t have any word processing applications save for Notepad and Wordpad and I’ll be damned if I’m using them for writing things up. So I bought a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 which cost about £100. Upon seeing that I bought it my father said that it could be installed on the home PC, to which I said it won’t be because it cost me £100. So, like the douchebag my mother is she said that I couldn’t have the internet on my laptop because it’s theirs and they paid for it.

So what have I been doing while I’ve not been on the net? Well I recently bought myself a graphic tablet (a Trust TB 7300 Widescreen, if that means anything to anyone) and I’ve been practising with that a lot. And I don’t mean to stroke my own ego, but I can pretty much draw as well with it as I can using a sheet of paper and a pencil. It’s not a touch screen tablet or anything and it’s not a Wacom brand name, but for £100 I wasn’t going to pass it up. Especially seeing as the only Wacoms the PC World near me had been A5 size and cost £80. At the moment I’m practising different things, currently I’m working on hair and how to do more natural looking hair (each strand and several tones for example). It’s not easy, and it’s very time consuming but I think I’m getting close to perfecting it. For this reason I haven’t really done much in the way of the doujin, though I have an appointment at the hospital on the 16th February and hopefully the operation to remove the nail from my big toe (because it’s in growing) will be soon after that, which means I’ll have at least a week off work so I’ll work on it then. Oh yeah, I’ve also decided on a new way that I’ll be drawing stuff; I’ll be doing most of my pics rough in photoshop, then I alter the opacity to about 50% and print it out. After that I’ll use my light box and trace the rough sketch with pencil and then scan it in and CG it like that. The reason for this is after experimenting with pencil art and digital colouring I realised that it actually looked pretty damn good, so from now on most of my art will be like that.

And now I have a few messages regarding RP’s I’m involved in and for some people;

To Nunu, ShadowWolf, and everyone else who’s RP’s I’m currently in: From now on until I get permanent internet count my characters as NPC’s.

For SBS, if Lurker and Bartnum are still waiting for me to reply to them, act as if Art and Emily had never addressed them and in the case of Bartnum and Corax take it as if Art came into the room, got washed and dressed and told Corax that he was heading to the cafeteria for some lunch. If the dance is going on (or has finished) take it that Art, Emily and Isabella went. Art and Emily would be wearing a black tux (Emily hates wearing female formal dress and prefers male formal dress) and Isabella would be sporting a silk dress, nothing too fancy, most likely in black or dark/navy blue. Oh and if the dance has passed and gone into the following day by the time I get back then could some of you (I don’t mind who, just PM me or even just leave a message here or on my profile) make out like they’ve seen Art walking about the school at night and doesn’t seem himself, even disappearing a second later you’ve seen him like if he’s teleported. Oh and to Keylo, if you intended on Ima going to see Isabella after she’s read the note then if you want make out that she goes to see her but there’s no answer whenever she goes to. That would most likely happen anyway, she’d be wandering around the school when not in class to sketch and pain and watch people from the shadows (female Simon, anyone? :p)

For Chibi’s RP, count Servante as an NPC for now until I come back and I give Chibi permission to control him whenever needed. I’d hazard a guess that you know how to play him, just think like me, but not for too long you might end up hating the world if you do XD

For Wolf’s RP’s, as with Chibi’s RP I give you permission to control Alex whenever needed until I come back and with your other RP, well my character didn’t do much so he can stay in the background as an NPC unless you feel the need for him to come forward then you can control him.

For Nunu’s mech RP, you may have already dropped me, I don’t know if you have or not, but I’ll make it official now if you have. I’ll have to drop out of TBS for now until I get permanent internet. A shame really, I was enjoying it even if I hadn’t found anyone to attack yet XD I’d also like to apologise to my ally, and if possible I’d like my mechs passed onto my ally or if that’s not possible would my ally be able to have money and/or resource equal to the value of my mechs? I’ll PM Nunu who I was allied up with when I can get on the forum next.

In regards to my TRPG I’m still working on it, at the moment I’m working on rewording everything and structuring it all so it’s all coherent as well as working on the classes and an example battle and such. Though classes are hampered somewhat because I’ve yet to download a dice roller for my computer and I don’t want to just come up with rolls off the top of my head. Though by the time I’m back properly I should have enough done for us to start up if people are still interested, which I hope they will be.
Continue to post idea’s, comments and suggestions in the thread though because whenever I go up a friends I’ll most likely be able to pop on the net using my laptop then(I should be online on Saturday and some of Sunday (January 24th – 25th) because I’m staying up a friends then), though I’ll not be going into any of the chats (well, in Chibi’s, people know why, or should know why I’ll not pop into the IRC) and read what you have to say. So you can take it as me going into lurker status from now on until I come back, which hopefully won’t be too long. Hopefully. Speaking of hope, guess what? Hope, you’ve you lost the motherfucking game.

To Darkfire, I haven’t done anymore of the chibi sets yet, as said I’m practising with my graphic tablet though I’ll have them done soon. Also, remember that Lurker Wars pic I drew and you’re using for your desktop background? Well in between practising and playing Fallout 3 (which is a fucking awesome game btw) I’ve been CG’ing it and soon you’ll have a colour version to use.

To Lurker (or Newbie, sorry guys I get confused between you two. I dunno how though >_>), I’ve yet to do more work on that pic of one of your characters yet, though once I’m 100% in my graphic tablet skills I’ll get to finishing it.

To Archfiend, as with above I’ve yet to do much work on art for your story ‘Kaylynne and the Succubus Curse’, though I’ve got a few idea’s brewing up so some should be done soon (at least in a very rough form anyway).

Anyway, needless to say I havent read anything thats been posted save for anything sent to me either in PM or Profile page and I doubt I will for quite some time due to my lack of interwebs.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Holy shit, so that's where you've been. Don't forget jumpers -.-. Anyway, hope you get permanent internet soon.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Another reason to prefer open source(OOo specifically, in this instance).

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I think this is a bit overdue but here we go;

So, I guess I should explain why I’ve not been on the net since the end of last year. Short story; it’s because my mother is a bitch. Long story; After uninstalling the trial version of Microsoft Office I noticed my laptop didn’t have any word processing applications save for Notepad and Wordpad and I’ll be damned if I’m using them for writing things up. So I bought a copy of Microsoft Office 2007 which cost about £100. Upon seeing that I bought it my father said that it could be installed on the home PC, to which I said it won’t be because it cost me £100. So, like the douchebag my mother is she said that I couldn’t have the internet on my laptop because it’s theirs and they paid for it.

So what have I been doing while I’ve not been on the net? Well I recently bought myself a graphic tablet (a Trust TB 7300 Widescreen, if that means anything to anyone) and I’ve been practising with that a lot. And I don’t mean to stroke my own ego, but I can pretty much draw as well with it as I can using a sheet of paper and a pencil. It’s not a touch screen tablet or anything and it’s not a Wacom brand name, but for £100 I wasn’t going to pass it up. Especially seeing as the only Wacoms the PC World near me had been A5 size and cost £80. At the moment I’m practising different things, currently I’m working on hair and how to do more natural looking hair (each strand and several tones for example). It’s not easy, and it’s very time consuming but I think I’m getting close to perfecting it. For this reason I haven’t really done much in the way of the doujin, though I have an appointment at the hospital on the 16th February and hopefully the operation to remove the nail from my big toe (because it’s in growing) will be soon after that, which means I’ll have at least a week off work so I’ll work on it then. Oh yeah, I’ve also decided on a new way that I’ll be drawing stuff; I’ll be doing most of my pics rough in photoshop, then I alter the opacity to about 50% and print it out. After that I’ll use my light box and trace the rough sketch with pencil and then scan it in and CG it like that. The reason for this is after experimenting with pencil art and digital colouring I realised that it actually looked pretty damn good, so from now on most of my art will be like that.

And now I have a few messages regarding RP’s I’m involved in and for some people;

To Nunu, ShadowWolf, and everyone else who’s RP’s I’m currently in: From now on until I get permanent internet count my characters as NPC’s.

For SBS, if Lurker and Bartnum are still waiting for me to reply to them, act as if Art and Emily had never addressed them and in the case of Bartnum and Corax take it as if Art came into the room, got washed and dressed and told Corax that he was heading to the cafeteria for some lunch. If the dance is going on (or has finished) take it that Art, Emily and Isabella went. Art and Emily would be wearing a black tux (Emily hates wearing female formal dress and prefers male formal dress) and Isabella would be sporting a silk dress, nothing too fancy, most likely in black or dark/navy blue. Oh and if the dance has passed and gone into the following day by the time I get back then could some of you (I don’t mind who, just PM me or even just leave a message here or on my profile) make out like they’ve seen Art walking about the school at night and doesn’t seem himself, even disappearing a second later you’ve seen him like if he’s teleported. Oh and to Keylo, if you intended on Ima going to see Isabella after she’s read the note then if you want make out that she goes to see her but there’s no answer whenever she goes to. That would most likely happen anyway, she’d be wandering around the school when not in class to sketch and pain and watch people from the shadows (female Simon, anyone? :p)

For Chibi’s RP, count Servante as an NPC for now until I come back and I give Chibi permission to control him whenever needed. I’d hazard a guess that you know how to play him, just think like me, but not for too long you might end up hating the world if you do XD

For Wolf’s RP’s, as with Chibi’s RP I give you permission to control Alex whenever needed until I come back and with your other RP, well my character didn’t do much so he can stay in the background as an NPC unless you feel the need for him to come forward then you can control him.

For Nunu’s mech RP, you may have already dropped me, I don’t know if you have or not, but I’ll make it official now if you have. I’ll have to drop out of TBS for now until I get permanent internet. A shame really, I was enjoying it even if I hadn’t found anyone to attack yet XD I’d also like to apologise to my ally, and if possible I’d like my mechs passed onto my ally or if that’s not possible would my ally be able to have money and/or resource equal to the value of my mechs? I’ll PM Nunu who I was allied up with when I can get on the forum next.

In regards to my TRPG I’m still working on it, at the moment I’m working on rewording everything and structuring it all so it’s all coherent as well as working on the classes and an example battle and such. Though classes are hampered somewhat because I’ve yet to download a dice roller for my computer and I don’t want to just come up with rolls off the top of my head. Though by the time I’m back properly I should have enough done for us to start up if people are still interested, which I hope they will be.
Continue to post idea’s, comments and suggestions in the thread though because whenever I go up a friends I’ll most likely be able to pop on the net using my laptop then(I should be online on Saturday and some of Sunday (January 24th – 25th) because I’m staying up a friends then), though I’ll not be going into any of the chats (well, in Chibi’s, people know why, or should know why I’ll not pop into the IRC) and read what you have to say. So you can take it as me going into lurker status from now on until I come back, which hopefully won’t be too long. Hopefully. Speaking of hope, guess what? Hope, you’ve you lost the motherfucking game.

To Darkfire, I haven’t done anymore of the chibi sets yet, as said I’m practising with my graphic tablet though I’ll have them done soon. Also, remember that Lurker Wars pic I drew and you’re using for your desktop background? Well in between practising and playing Fallout 3 (which is a fucking awesome game btw) I’ve been CG’ing it and soon you’ll have a colour version to use.

To Lurker (or Newbie, sorry guys I get confused between you two. I dunno how though >_>), I’ve yet to do more work on that pic of one of your characters yet, though once I’m 100% in my graphic tablet skills I’ll get to finishing it.

To Archfiend, as with above I’ve yet to do much work on art for your story ‘Kaylynne and the Succubus Curse’, though I’ve got a few idea’s brewing up so some should be done soon (at least in a very rough form anyway).

Anyway, needless to say I havent read anything thats been posted save for anything sent to me either in PM or Profile page and I doubt I will for quite some time due to my lack of interwebs.
To Obe/Mo: No, you're not important enough to be included in my message.

Just kidding. Seriously tho, that sucks that you're cut off from the internet because of your mum. Hope to see you back soon.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well hopefully, things get back to normal soon for you Oni. Glad to hear you weren't hit by a bus. I hear it happens to people who draw demon girl.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Poor poor Oni. Well at least he got a new word processor and tablet.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol sorry Mo, I didnt really have any message for you and Obe. And I wish I was hit by a bus the way I'm feeling at the moment. It's coming close to where Im just gonna scream at her everything I've kept inside of me. Here's hoping prison will treat me kindly if anything does go bad.

Oh and Ku? Guess what I've got. Go on, guess. Okay I'll tell you. A Gurren Lagann tee-shirt :p

OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I passed out for the first time today! And in a restaurant!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

After you ate?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Oh i see he posted it already, aaaaaall righty then xD i got to my email a wee bit too late then :p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

reason?

OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I wish I knew.

I swallowed too quickly and then immediately tried to burp which I resisted, resulting in a very large pain in my stomach like I'd trapped wind. The next thing I knew I was on the floor and my head hurt.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah that's probably not good, but as long as your all right I guess it's not too bad. The only time I've passed out is when banging my head on the bottom of a helicopter. Luckily I wasn't that high up.