What's new

Pale

Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

Well, if they don't prove its reality on the Internet, how would they know it's there at all..?

....I hate people who link God to their penis.

P

Cappy

Reputation score

Well, if they don't prove its reality on the Internet, how would they know it's there at all..?

....I hate people who link God to their penis.

P
I think the more appropriate word is relate, but yeah, I guess I get the idea of what you mean.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

People have tried to convert you or pimp their faith in casual conversation? Can't say that's ever happened to me.

I've always known that the US is a more religious nation, but never bothered to look into any specifics. I just quickly looked up a chart to compare percentages of religion in different countries, wanting to see roughly what the actual difference between the US and UK was. Strangely the page I found on wikipedia claims both countries at about 15% "non-religious". One other page gave the same figures (though could easily be wiki's source). Didn't sound right to me at all.

Of all my normal friend group (meaning friends of friends and acquaintances too), I can only think of one who is openly religious. If anyone else in that group is they don't make it known. There's no one in my immediate family for two generations that follows any religion either. When I think back to school, I remember how the general opinion on religion was something they forced you to sing about in first school, and something you grew out of once you knew better. Sadly, someone openly showing genuine faith in god was an easy way to become an target for harassing and teasing. I remember finding the RE teachers job particularly unenviable. No one took the class seriously.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

The states has nearly half of it's population believing that god created man in his present form.

I also recommend anyone needing arguments for evolution to read "The greatest show on Earth."

I have not read it myself, but it is apparently a very good read, and conversations with people who have read it have revealed that it provides you with some pretty shocking statistics. And they check out.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I actually used to be one of those atheist kids that were badmouthing God and everybody that believed in him because it was "cool" (I was at that time pretty much the only religion-less kid in my class, freshly deserted from the Catholic Church). After a while I just shut my trap when I realized that if I have the right not to believe in their God, they have the right to do so.

So I don't hate Christians. I hate fundamentalists and sheep of all kind that SCREECH their dogmas over and over without listening to what the other side has to say. This doesn't limit themselves to religious people, atheists can be just as bad.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I still stand by my statement that people are stupid. And that includes religious people and atheist people alike.

I am open to most religious views, and will gladly discuss matters of politics and religion. I will even try to stay on their turf and not go into science for the sake of avoiding conflict. What annoys me, is when someone goes and states something as a scientific fact because they're religious. I mean, I understand someone believing in God, I really do. And I don't throw away the idea of a higher being. But when someone comes to me and says that evolution is wrong, as a fact and instead of giving proper arguments say that "It's my belief." I say, well then you're an alien from the planet Xeno, 'cause that's my belief. Intellectually believing in something is good, blindly believing in something despite all evidence to tha contrary is stupid. And this all boils down to one thing.

I hate people who are unable to view a topic objectively and from different sides.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Religions and Atheism both have their zealots. The only one that is truly safe of this is Agnostics... how could you honestly be an agnostic zealot.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Easy you could constantly point out how the two extremes from your point of view are both equally dangerous, and therefore be just as stupid as the other extremists.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Easy you could constantly point out how the two extremes from your point of view are both equally dangerous, and therefore be just as stupid as the other extremists.
touche.

E7N

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I hate:

Smokers who stand in front of entrances.
Women, foreign, and fat drivers. They can't drive for shit.
Atheist who are smug.
Naruto and Bleach only fans, does their ignorance know no bounds?
People who can't realize a situation, or over-dramatize it.
people who read WAY into something that is ordinary.
Psychology, its basically the useless career path.

Twilight. Its shit, you can't argue.
Justin Beiber, need I say more?

Obama's healthcare plan, well, really just the cost of it.

Pale

Reputation score

I hate:
Women, foreign, and fat drivers. They can't drive for shit.
I hate:

Prejudice.

P

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Been a while since i posted here, but I hate when my games load slow as sin. I actually have to pull out a book to entertain myself while i wait.

Lurker
Reputation score

It's far from useless, maybe it's the people you know in the field. By knowing the way people's minds work not only do you better enable yourself to live your life but you find yourself better equipped to deal with the bullshit of others, which is inevitable.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

The career path isn't useless. Unfortunately it seems to attract the most useless people. I swear every psych major I know is a waste of breath.

*stares at toxic*

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Woah, what the fuck is going on in this thread?

Don't make me start ripping asses apart.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

kinky?
You think getting stitches inside your asshole is kinky? I mean, there's all that bacteria and stuff that will be sure to cause hemorrhoids or something in your split open sphincter.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

well, some people like making a meal out of other people's feces... i guess there's just no accounting for taste