What's new

Gaara29

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

I hate how my Fallout New Vegas game is experiencing that annoying save problem, where the longer you play the bigger the save file gets the more ever so buggy the game gets and more prone it seems to get towards longer loading times and crashes on trying to load saves or transition between/load areas.

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

So after getting my PC looked at it turns out I fucking fried one of the memory stick slots (very likely due to neglecting to get it cleaned out) and now I need to replace not only the motherboard but also the CPU because it's incompatible with the boards out now. Also, whenever I start my PC up at the moment it refuses to fully start up until I run a repair on it. And it overheats and blue screens if I ask it to do even a little bit.

Oh well, at least this'll be an excuse to upgrade to a quad core processor.

Cappy

Reputation score

I fucking hate all the gaming media sites involved in this latest censorship scandal, and all the opportunistic sharks like Sarkeesian stealing people's money for fraudulent, misrepresented content that she didn't even record herself as she specifically implied she needed the money to do.

I hate the shills who rampantly flit about these extremist personalities on the internet doing their bidding like cheap minions to a b-rated movie villain, and the manipulative bitches, and I mean that as a gender-nondescript term in case anyone gets offended, who think that this whole feminism/journalism vs gaming is a black and white thing.

If there's anything to be learned from the TFYC fiasco it's that there are people who are willing to be reasonable and converse without screaming like an indignant brat, or demand that all opposing arguments be silenced "because you're wrong." Explain why that is before you get red in the face, and scream phrases from your "find the misogynist pop-up book" for ages 12 and under. I have seen at least 3 women get called misogynists by what must either be shills, or just plain idiots. I fucking hate it.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I would like to take this opportunity to express my extreme loathing for all ice bucket challenges and those who take part in them. I appreciate the charitable aspect of the event, but come ON, people. Quit making a big stinking deal about this--it's a bucket of fucking ice water. Some of us have lived in conditions where the only available showers were cold showers, and I didn't make a goddamned Youtube video each time I rinsed off. (As a matter of fact there are no Youtube videos of me, because I'm not , and I don't do anything unique and awesome enough to merit a global audience--unlike .)

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I would like to take this opportunity to express my extreme loathing for all ice bucket challenges and those who take part in them. I appreciate the charitable aspect of the event, but come ON, people. Quit making a big stinking deal about this--it's a bucket of fucking ice water. Some of us have lived in conditions where the only available showers were cold showers, and I didn't make a goddamned Youtube video each time I rinsed off. (As a matter of fact there are no Youtube videos of me, because I'm not , and I don't do anything unique and awesome enough to merit a global audience--unlike .)

No, people shouldn't be donating just because of the stupid challenge. Yes, it's silly, attention whoring, childish, etc. But considering how well it works, it's hard to argue against it.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

No, people shouldn't be donating just because of the stupid challenge. Yes, it's silly, attention whoring, childish, etc. But considering how well it works, it's hard to argue against it.
As I said, I appreciate the charitable aspect of the event. I maintain that it's unfortunate, though, that so many people are jolted into donating to a worthy charity only when they can make it public.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Playing on people and their need to feel validated and steering that towards a good cause, it makes me happy and sad at the same time.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've allready stated id only do it if someone nominated my friend who has reynauds (and id want the money to go to a reynauds charity), cause thats actually relevent to ice and stuff

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A positive POV.

To wit, the ice bucket challange is the main reason ALS, to my knowledge, is so much in the news right now; the ICB is a vehicle, a means to a end. Sadly, there will always be a minority of self-serving people will always abuse that by slapping their insincere face on a popular thing to raise publicity for themselves, and the charity second. All-round, it's a wonderful thing to do, assisted my sibling by being the stoic cameraman as he received a bucket of ice-water from several meters above.

Last edited:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I have to add that my grandpa died from als and that in the next 20 years it could kill my aunt. I can't donate. You know I can't, so I'm going to douse myself in cold water, and challenge other peopleto do the same or donate.

So. Yeah. My aunt might be able to live to an old age because of this so...

Can I say i hate that it took a bit of showmanship to get people to donate?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

There's how many diseases out there that we're still looking for cures. There are people biking and raising money for heart and stroke, running for cancer, someone recently biked across Canada for Mental Health, Terry Fox did it for cancer...

What I'm getting at is that there's thousands of charities out there, all of them deserving of donations. We can put these people down for being attention whores, and childish and being silly... but this whole thing brought ALS into main stream attention, and its giving some people hope. Hope for fuck's sakes. That precious precious thing that seems to wither and die so easily in this world.

Maybe we shouldn't just have that knee jerk reaction to hate this. It's getting a lot of money for research, and frankly we're not all celebrities with millions of dollars on hand to hand to each and every charity we deem fit.

R

Ryka

I hate depression and anxiety. It makes assholes appear bigger than they are.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

That moment, when you have an extremity that is utterly dead to the world thanks to the way you were sitting or sleeping and you know you have to move it and you don't want to because you know those pins and needles are just going to shoot all through you.

Yeah, what a way to wake up this morning. Bleh.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

That happened to me a few months ago, Copper. I guess I was sleeping weird on my arm. I rolled the other way and something slapped me in the face: my own (dead-asleep) hand. I had no sensation at all in the arm and was legitimately scared until I realized what had happened. Then the pain of renewed circulation had me wide awake.

So... yeah. I hate that, too.

Bullcheese

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I hate when I drank shitload of coffe and still feel sleepy as f***.:confused:

Cappy

Reputation score

Three forces that some might argue, bear way too much in common with each other.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

To be fair, the little dogs can be adorable... if rather self-conscious about their size...

Trapped nerve in the right thigh, makes sitting down to write/read/draw/doodle/waste time awry. :\

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Not being able to unsee things. Somebody shared a post of a horribly gross picture and now I can not only *not* get it out of my mind's eye, it was an injury, so I'm *feeling* it, too. I can see their point, but at the same time nnnnnnhhyygggaaah.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Double post. One week. Meh.

Talking ads or ones with volume on the computer. I'm cruising along, doing my thing, popping a couple windows open for purposes of looking at contents later and then all of a sudden it's "where the HELL is that talking coming from!" And it's doubly annoying when I've got things going that I *want* volume for, so just muting it doesn't cut it.