What's new

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

From the look of things, it's like they're doing with everything else. It's a "reboot" not a "remake," likely more based on the comics than a retelling of the original movie.

Coincidentally, that was the first movie I ever noticed my first "cinematic error" in. Watch the scene where they're sneaking into the queen's castle via the drain pipes. Now watch Sonja' sword as she goes to crawl in. Now watch them cut away so you don't see her getting stuck.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about the movie, less for subject matter and more for Rose McGowan (and her breasts.*) She's never really been one of my favorites. Kind of like how, watching trailers, I'm starting to have more and more mixed feelings about GI Joe, too.

*It's like in Final Fantasy 12 and Fran's ass. Whenever there's a shot of Rose McGowan, there is invariably massive amounts of cleave, therefore they are two separate entities. Kind of like no matter who's last in the party, the camera invariably focuses on the bunny girl's butt.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah every movie they reboot or cartoon from my childhood they make into a movie I start to cringe and I'm afraid to watch it. Even if they turn out good, they'll just be so disappointing if I don't like them.

Lurker
Reputation score

Thank you for reminding me. I am really starting to get upset with people bitching about how GI Joe and Transformers are 'selling out' by going to the big screen, and how the film versions are somehow a betrayal of the roots of those franchises. Those two IPs started as half-hour commercials for toys. They evolved over time into stories with actual characters, but at their base they are meant to make children believe in the awesomeness of lasers and machines that turn into other machines and COBRA!!!, and get them to own a piece of it. There is literally no way for them to betray these roots so long as a toy is released with the film. That's not to say we can't criticize the film, we've come to expect more from them because they've improved since their origin. They're not masterworks of cinema. But when, at it's core, it was always selling out it can't betray it's roots by selling out. If anything, it's abandoned all the legitimacy it grew to return to it's roots.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just read up a bit on Red Sonja... it seems to be more based on the comics than the original works of Robert E. Heinlein (They are not partaking of the original movie at all, so yes, chain mail bikini). Kulan Gath seems to be the main villain, just as in the newest comics, which had an interesting turn near the end after the defeat of Kulan Gath. I still have hopes for this movie but apparantly the new Conan will come out first (which I've heard nothing about).

As for G.I. Joe and such... well they started out as WWII action figures really. My father once owned a G.I. Jerry. Everything involving Cobra and all that didn't come until later. So is GI Joe didn't abandon its roots, we'd just have another WWII movie coming out.

As for Transformers... It was a movie I could shut my mind off and go "oooh, special effects" like most of Michael Bay's movies. This time though I could also go "Fuck I want Megan Fox naked in my bed."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate when people say anything is selling out, since by definition unless it's free it's a sellout.

I myself am just more afraid the movie will suck, much like my life. I hate when disappointment rears its ugly head.

Also Robert Howard not Heinlen, we're talking about Red Sonja and Conan not Starship Troopers.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

which was fucking amazing btw

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I knew that too Ronny, my bad, just mixed them up...

I will not speak of the Starship Troopers movies, because though I enjoyed the first one the next too were... ugh.

Anyway, yes, Howard, new Red Sonja, new Conan... but no Ahnold...

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Silly people, there was only ONE Starship Troopers movie... Like how there was only ONE Matrix movie... :p

I think it's funny when people get as upset as they do over the Transformer movies. It may not be the Transformers you grew up with, but it's still good.

I'm waiting to see the G.I. Joe movie to make any opinions of it.

Chain Mail bikini o_O ? . . . I think I might look up this 'Red Sonja' thing ;p

And yes... naked Megan Fox + in my bed = want
XD

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

To be honest with you I didn't know there was more than one Starship Troopers movie. Never watched the transformers cartoon or movie so that didn't bother me. GIJoe was my favorite cartoon when I was little (go figure, huh), which is why I'm afraid to see it, but I haven't judged it yet. Just afraid of what it could be like.

Who wouldn't want Megan Fox naked in their bed?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To be honest with you I didn't know there was more than one Starship Troopers movie. Never watched the transformers cartoon or movie so that didn't bother me. GIJoe was my favorite cartoon when I was little (go figure, huh), which is why I'm afraid to see it, but I haven't judged it yet. Just afraid of what it could be like.

Who wouldn't want Megan Fox naked in their bed?
I wouldn't. Too much plastic, and too little upstairs. Doesn't help that she was in the evil that is the Transformers movies, or that she's dating Shia LaBeefsucker.

I dread the GI Joe movie, to be honest, but I'm going to go see it anyway. I'm probably just going to make fun of it the entire time, to make up for how bored I'm going to be watching all of the lame attempts at drawing my interest that involve: A) Overdone Special effects including crashes, explosions, and acrobatics; B) Boobs; and C) A story probably written by a six year old.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh come on a six year old could write a better story than that.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Megan Fox comes off as really egotistical about herself. I don't know if that's just me

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

What an egotistical actress, nahh.

dogstile

Lurker
Reputation score

i fucking hate it when people go "i'm right, your wrong"

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I hate that I come from a father who can burn lettuce in a microwave, and a mother who can burn water (but at least it's on the stove, where there's fire) :(

When I finally have to live alone, I fear for my food XD

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright I'll bite, why in the world was he putting lettuce in the microwave, or were you just speaking figuratively.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

He was microwaving a sandwich he had made the previous night but got too full to eat.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Check don't eat at Kusanagi's house. I myself would have removed the lettuce before microwaving, but I guess some people just don't understand food.

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate that I come from a father who can burn lettuce in a microwave, and a mother who can burn water (but at least it's on the stove, where there's fire) :(

When I finally have to live alone, I fear for my food XD
At least you are not alone, my most successful ventures in cooking have produced only fire and tears.