What's new

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

I hate having too many friends. That probably doesn't sound like such a bad
thing, but when it comes to them on skype, I always try my best to make
sure every last one of them is happy like some kind of fussy overly submissive nanny,
regardless what they need to be happy, so when I end up with more than 4 or so
active friends, I get caught in a panicky loop and just frustrate myself over it all.

Or maybe I should just hate not being able to handle having many friends in general.. Yeah, that sounds better.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Try Nioh, smithing texts (which you need to craft your own stuff so you're not using random shit gear) just refuse to drop under 30 boss kills (they are repeatable though) and once you get to NG+ the only real progression is upgrading your green items which have a slightly higher drop rate than the aforementioned texts.

Overall I really dislike RNG equipment, and would rather have the soulsy 'this is the item' type gear.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Genuine hatred.

Before saying a single thought, let me describe the position I'm coming from. This isn't a statement under any assumption that either person was correct, myself or otherwise. Even though I had very good reason at the time to be upset and hence escalate the situation, this does not assume he did not have reason either. This just goes over the situation itself, isolated from any outside events or feelings that were acquired prior to the escalation. Assuming all accounted for are physical (and mental) adults, there should be no reason why outside events should matter when presenting oneself to another. Which is a particular point that doesn't make me on any moral highground. With that being said, the true point being made here is that while I wasn't correct, neither was Courage Wolf. The discrepancy here is that he assumedly does not believe that we are both wrong.

Courage Wolf: Flayer, we banning the problem child or not? And by problem I mean the dipshit trolling MAF
A combination of poor grammar, correct only when the subject was understood (to the listener MF it was, but not to anyone else), and misunderstanding on my part, who assumed that dipshit was the adjective, trolling was the verb, and noun was the me. Instead of the verb and adjective belonging to an understood, not a spoken party. The issue in the end wasn't this, it was the followup to make it worse.

I don't have all the logs, since I was banned and I can't get them, but I'll recall it here. I asked next if he understood the situation, since I was approaching the situation very carefully under the assumption my complaints somehow meant I was under pressure of a ban. He announced that he had no clue what was going on, so that made me feel totally fucked, that a ban was unavoidable because a mod was going banhappy on someone he just didn't like. I then asked the only thing I could think of, which was why I was a trolling dipshit.

Courage Wolf: And no actualy I wasn't. I was calling the person fucking with you a troll, you misreading fucktard :D
As someone who just explained that, after harassment, annoyance, and then fear of getting banned despite being a big member of the RP community, I was getting removed from it all, he decides that an insult was the best course of action. Neither of us were operating the better course of judgement, but of all people, he should have been as someone who was supposed to be resolving the situation, not making it worse. I'd argue that's a fair assessment of the situation, as long as you remember that I wasn't right of mind or tongue either.

Mind Flayer: I mean Maybe it should read. "Flayer, we banning the problem child or not? And by problem I mean the dipshit that is trolling MAF"
This is important, since it's not just my opinion, it's someone else agreeing that it was worded poorly and could have been improved. It was the most gentle nudge that Courage was easily misunderstood, after which the most proper response to make me the only unreasonable one would have been to retract the error, own up to it, and then tell me to calm down. That's just my opinion and I'm sure you could think of better ways to rectify the situation, but a gentle nudge like this should have been enough to allow Courage to realize and then calm the situation. It wasn't.

Courage: Because no one else seems to have been confused by what I said. The Dipshit. Trolling. MAF. You see a colon or semicolon anywhere in there?
This is splitting hairs over semicolons. Why? I could argue my reason for acting awful was because of the harassment case and assumed fear of ban followed by insult. Half of which adds up to one wrong assumption. I have no clue why he both defended himself here instead of apologizing, unless he's allergic to being humble. Which I understand completely, but even this I think is taking pride way too fucking far. If that's even what it is, I honestly have no clue.

Then, he spoke with Mind Flayer about Pervy while I posted various frustrations about Pervy. I'd link everything if I could, but all I can share is that I spoke about the shit about Pervy in a vague summary, and stated that I only had one hesitation about reporting him and risk him getting banned, and it was that people I knew were in his RP's. Namely one who said that he was so awful that he didn't care if Pervy was banned because of his awful treatment to him. You might think I'm singling someone out, but he was awful to so many people that this is actually vague enough that the person in question is totally fine unless he randomly attacks someone after reading this, which he'd do on his own anyway.

Courage Wolf and I concluded it all with this:

Courage: that work for you MAF? Excessively fuckable ears and Me Banning him if he doesn't stop?
Me: Banning him isn't my goal. I don't care if you put him on a pedastal or launch him into the sun. The only thing I want to see is an asshole gone, and like I told gaun, I don't care how you do it, so don't fucking ask me for approval.
This is why I said I wasn't correct either. I didn't insult him like he did me or do anything other than act hostile, very on purposefully towards him because I was and now very much am pissed at his ignorant behavior. Only replying with my own disrespect wasn't wise or good, as much as I think he deserved much more harsh language.

Me: Granted, I'd have banned him way before anyone else, another reason why I told Nunu not to make me a mod. Because I know when people have no desire to change, even under threat of death.
Courage: Well, if you want to continue to salt up the shout and toss all that anger at me for literally no fucking reason, something something meh don't care.
Assuming that I have no reason. The reason why I'm angry here was because I got angry at him, but this just goes back to before, when he let the whole issue of grammar blow over as if it never happened and that he didn't at all insult me or aggrevate an already very frustrated person. A word of advice, when someone's volitile and emotional, you don't act a cunt towards them if you want to improve the situation. Though, joke's on me if he didn't intend to improve it with me, and was happy to see me banned from the shoutbox. Even so, he seemed to have no idea of his own actions.

Me: Then don't ask me questions?
Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.
Nothing made me want to post this more than someone seeing the chat and seeing him belittle me after I was banned. I think that's enough to call him a very scummy person for doing that. I don't know what he said, but after all that he's acting under the assumption that he did nothing wrong. The least I'm owed is an apology. One I'll be happy to return once I get some actual human and genuine respect for the mountain of bullshit that was compiled into a single hour. I have so many awful things I want to say beyond this purely out of hate for such shitty treatment, but I'm already incredibly tired and miserable and inconcievably angry at not just Courage, but everything about this situation that he just helped make worse.

As much as I'd like an apology and to give one, I really don't expect to get one. I'm ready to be happily surprised if we're willing to come together and pretend we're adults for a minute and shake hands and let bygones be bygones and admit we were both wrong, but given how I was treated, I'm not being struck with the feeling that that's a possibility that'll ever happen.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

(to the listener MF it was, but not to anyone else)
Yeah, I was there too bud and told you the exact same thing MF did. Why you'd come here and complain about this, specifically excluding me from your story-time is beyond me as it's pretty clear that I spend most of my time shitting up this sub.

Maybe you're right, maybe you don't deserve a ban from the SB. But I'll be damned if this doesn't make it look like you're throwing a tantrum.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is a place where we talk about what we hate. MAF can do that too.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I never said he couldn't.

However, I hate being left out of a story that I was in.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

FFFUCK Inner Boston in FO4. One of those 'too busy thinking if they could before they thought if they should' situations, leading to enemy camps way too close together for comfort, many of them lugging rather nasty weapons (though admittedly some of it's my fault for installing the Assault Flamer, it's still mean of the game to put it on tanky gits...) but the pauses to load all that area is by far the worst part of it. There's so much... stuff, it's a nightmare on the system, and yet yer constantly in the area for the questlines. Between that and easily the most rock-stupid AI of ANY Bethesda game that can't decide whether it wants to cower uselessly next to you to the point of being a rock-hard obstacle on a retreat, or charge in like a madman (Dogmeat stop trying to point out search items and purposefully aggroing enemy camps! I just want to sneak to Goodneighbor!) and I just... ARGH! >,<

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I hate being frustrated by bullshit..

About a year or so ago, I always used to play TF2, it was just the game I'd always frequent to whenever I was bored. Sure, it had its faults, but it was one of its kind, so its what I stuck to.

But, much like what happened to skype after microsoft took over, things just started going downhill, specifically in the form of updates..

At first it wasn't so bad.. Cosmetic-only crates? Meh, I never used crates anyway, just more clutter for my inventory.

Then came the CS:GO style re-skins.. That was an immediate blaring alarm in my head. TF2 was fucking up..

THEN came the final nail in the coffin.. Competitive mode.. At first, I welcomed it. "Oh great, now all the cancerous tryhard soldier/sniper mains finally have their own little private club house to roost in, and pub servers will be free of their menace." I thought aloud.

But oh, how naive I was to think that.. It actually had the opposite effect. Now there were twice as many tryhards roaming around, and at night when the comp servers cooled down, they'd all pile into the pub servers like drunken roided-up ex-marines just trashing the place and just destroying anyone who dared get in their way, while everyone else just watched helplessly.

But, since I was so attached to TF2, I tolerated it all.. I'd come to the conclusion TF2 had officially died, and these updates were essentially the corpse collecting a few flies, but it was still just one-of-a-kind, so it's what I had.

That was, until overwatch came along.. At first, I instantly hated it. I follow the logic that if something is hyped to an insane degree, it MUST be bad unless proven otherwise, because something inherently good would not need hype in the first place, all you'd have to do is advertise it, and let the customer reviews speak for the game, not your bloated marketing campaign.

I begrudgingly played the game when pressured to by my friends, and slowly but surely warmed up to it. I kept discovering small little details that made it just increments almost-as-good as TF2.. But those increments just kept piling up until it was just as good as TF2.. And then eventually, better..

Crates that don't require money to open, that you get every level? Well, there's no new weapons in this game so meh.

A level system that unintentionally counts more so just to measure how long someone's been playing the game, as opposed to how good they are? That's kinda nifty and well-spirited.

Quick concise matches strictly limited to 3v3 or 6v6, where genuine teamwork is not only encouraged, but is almost REQUIRED to achieve victory? I'm officially sold. Count me in.

A balanced system where no matter what kind of attempt you make at game-breakingly OP tactics, there's always a character that can counter it regardless of skill level? Well, TF2 definitely doesn't have that, there's abusive tactics out the ass in there that can only be countered by an equally frothy-mouthed tryhard..

And there I was, happily playing overwatch, with TF2 just being a fleeting memory in my head.

That is, until one of my older friends convinced me to try and play TF2 with them again.. At first, it was nostalgic.. All the weapon variety, the basic but decent controls, the cartooney but simplistic graphic design, I was almost starting to have fun.

And then we entered a server with a tryhard soldier in it, and I visibly bunched over in my desk, my heart sank, and I groaned.. Because the second I saw that motherfucker twitching his mouse around to rocket jump so tediously perfectly to maximize his movement speed, flawlessly blowing up players, I knew, right then and there, "Yup.. This was why I stopped playing TF2."

It doesn't matter what class you are, how good you are, where you are, or how many other people are attacking it, if there's a tryhard soldier on EITHER team, the entire server gets the fun sucked out of it like a massive mosquito just pinned you down and stuck its needle right in your neck.

And if he has a pocket, it's just compounded. There's a threshold in gaming where getting unnaturally good with a single class can enable you to use tactics which give you an advantage.. And then, there's a specific class becoming an unfairly powerful juggernaut who puts all other classes to shame because they are imbalanced. The soldier from TF2 is the latter, and everyone knows it.. There are other tryhard classes, but the most popular by far is the soldier.

In overwatch, the exact same situation, you've got a tryhard pharah with a mercy pocket. Sure, if your team sucks, that pocket-pharah will just sit there in the sky and completely obliterate them, but there's many ways to counter it without having to be a tryhard. You can go rein and prevent her from damaging your team, you can go widow and snipe her out of the sky, or you can go zenyatta and chaos-orb her to make her a more enticing target to any hitscan users in your team. The point being, in overwatch, a tryhard can always be bested with tactics, it's not a matter of who's got a twitchier mouse or bigger FOV, it's a matter of who's smarter, and who can use what to their advantage to oppose the enemy. You can say overwatch takes the general FPS mold and "dumbs it down" a bit with the MMO-ish balancing qualities, and you'd be right, overwatch is dumbed down a bit, but that makes it all the more fun.

If you're really the kind of person who genuinely can only gain fun solely from winning, and not having an entertaining and fair match, well, there's always the call of duty series. And maybe halo if you want to be a hipster.

There, I feel better getting that off my chest.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Overwatch did a lot of things right but...

They made it way too easy to do something I hate: Spawn Camping.

There's no fuckin reason this should still be a thing. Why are gamedevs so clueless on certain shit?

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Are you serious? Spawncamping isn't a thing in overwatch, not unless you're in one hell of a bad match with the world's shittiest team,
and this is coming from a guy who's had teams so bad that I once solo'd a roadhog, lucio, and tracer by myself as a tracer, because my
team ran in circles shooting the walls and laughing like maniacs while I tried flanking. And I don't even main tracer.

- Go sombra and flank them

- Go rein and prevent them from fucking you AND your team up

- Go orisa and just harass them until your team gets out of spawn safely

- Go genji/widow and return the favor

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

The best of those pub matches are tryhards insulting everyone with "Is this a gold/silver game?" and so on, but they're terrible and you're carrying them hard

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I hate presumptuous, pretentious assholes.
Oh my god, I like being taught over doing research myself. I like asking people questions over looking up the answers online, even though the Internet is right there. Sue me. It's a preference. It's more fun that way for me. Never said it was the right way to do things. Never insulted anyone who prefers it the other way around. Could've just ignored me.
But no, instead just stoop to petty insults like ''lazy idiot'', ''leech'' and ''complaining faggot''(even though not once did I complain about anything), and tell me how much better you are at life because you can Google shit. 'Cause apparently, just because I have a preference, that means that I have never done research on my own, that I am incapable of it, and that I somehow leech info off of others.
Sigh. Never change, Internet.

Sorry for the rant. I know the thread is pretty much made for that, but I still feel the need to apologize. Normally people being assholes doesn't get to me, but I've been having a bit of a lousy year.