What's new

Green_Jay

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

...we really need to make a couple of tests necessary for those wishing to run for public office. Let's start with an IQ and a common sense set- and maybe add more where required.

Honestly, the fact that that woman got into any kind of power is scary. That's some concentrated stupid. But from Texas? Yeah, practically par for the course.

blubbat0r

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Whoever went and said "You know what's a great idea? Having the flu in summer, that sounds like fun!"

It's already much too hot in my apartment and now I'm sitting here at 5am having a fever and coughing like there's no tomorrow.

I have no idea who came up with that crap... but I hate them!

:mad:

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

...we really need to make a couple of tests necessary for those wishing to run for public office. Let's start with an IQ and a common sense set- and maybe add more where required.

Honestly, the fact that that woman got into any kind of power is scary. That's some concentrated stupid. But from Texas? Yeah, practically par for the course.
Yeah, IQ tests don't really do anything, and similarly by what metric are you measuring common sense? This isn't dungeons and dragons and people don't have int / wis stats. You'd just end up disqualifying sane people while all the retards would make it through.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

IQ tests are purely diagnostic for children under a certain age. There is no scale, there is no absolute usage.

On the whole, all test scores can predict is how well one takes tests.

Whoever went and said "You know what's a great idea? Having the flu in summer, that sounds like fun!"

It's already much too hot in my apartment and now I'm sitting here at 5am having a fever and coughing like there's no tomorrow.

I have no idea who came up with that crap... but I hate them!

:mad:
I hear ya. 105F weather here and I got a cold.

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

the developer of a game I'm keeping up with is incredibly dense n has to be explained something in great detail for him to understand what you're trying to get across to him.
it's worthless to try to complain to him because he's so focused on adding things to his game and won't actually listen to your complaint. actually, maybe he's just fending off complaints by acting dense

Obsidious

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

the developer of a game I'm keeping up with is incredibly dense n has to be explained something in great detail for him to understand what you're trying to get across to him.
it's worthless to try to complain to him because he's so focused on adding things to his game and won't actually listen to your complaint. actually, maybe he's just fending off complaints by acting dense
Well since it's his game technically he doesn't have to listen to your complaint.
On the other hand, creativity is a complicated and delicate process. It could be that you simply aren't on the same "wavelength". Hell, if he did listen to every complaint he got - you can't be the only one after all - he probably wouldn't get anything done at all. And that's not only because of the time needed to satisfy everyone's wishes, but also because it could disturb his routine and result in a writers block.

So, some people are just careful not to lean too far out of their bubble.

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well since it's his game technically he doesn't have to listen to your complaint.
On the other hand, creativity is a complicated and delicate process. It could be that you simply aren't on the same "wavelength". Hell, if he did listen to every complaint he got - you can't be the only one after all - he probably wouldn't get anything done at all. And that's not only because of the time needed to satisfy everyone's wishes, but also because it could disturb his routine and result in a writers block.

So, some people are just careful not to lean too far out of their bubble.
Yeah, I know, I tell people that a lot.
He isn't the sole developer in the game, but he is the lead developer. The game is talked about publicly so all members in the team can respond to things and most complaints can be seen by all.
By "dense" I meant in a childish way rather than fending-off-people way. Stubborn may be a better word.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Know what I hate? People who are way too cheerful at drive-through food places. Went to a Tim Horton's (For non-Canadians, that's a nation-wide coffee/doughnut/sandwich place) for a sandwich and was greeted with "Hi! My name is (so-and-so) and I'm here to take your order today!" My thought was: "Why else would you be there?"

Then at the end they got the order wrong (not necessarily the guy who was taking the order's fault), then I dropped it and ruined a resume I was going to drop off (definitely not anyone's fault at the drive-through), so I was just in a bad mood and wanted to vent. Still hate super-perky/super-cheerful people taking drive-through orders though.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sly works at Timmies at the moment, and at least in my area they're forced to be as perky as possible. Part of that "Public Relations" or some such crap.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Does she only wear the minimum 15 pieces of flair?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

All her flare is a collection of buttons she keeps on her hat. Which at work is stored away so she can get away with that :p

Obsidious

Reputation score

So I just had to buy four lightbulbs. Since I (still) live near a transformer station and the outlet voltage fluctuates a little, they break frequently. This counts for other electrical appliances as well, it's a real pain in the ass.

Anywho, since I painstakingly avoided these "new" lightbulbs, i.e. LED and halogen and whatnot, up until now I wasn't really prepared for what these things actually cost. So despite taking the cheapest ones I still had to pay 10EUR for the four. Hell, there were even ones of the same type that cost 7 EUR a fucking piece.

This really grinds my gears since I'm somewhat low on cash at the moment. AND the fact that our technocrat overlords in Brussels won't ALLOW the good old "normal" ones to be sold anymore. Feels like communist China or something. It's probably Phoebus all over again - look it up if you have to. Some of the halogen lamps aren't even allowed to be PRODUCED in Germany because of the mercury in them. Yet you're forced to buy them.

Also the emitted light itself still isn't the same in my opinion.

Rumor has it that there are already folks sucking cock in exchange for some normal lightbulbs...

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Have some homophobia.

Also, if the Olympics are in Russia next year, ignore them completely. I was going to anyway, but you should too, for a better reason than because watching other people play sports is boring.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The light bulb situation is actually similar even here in the US. Granted, I was impressed that the box said the last pack I bought doesn't burn out for 50 years, normally.

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The light bulb situation is actually similar even here in the US. Granted, I was impressed that the box said the last pack I bought doesn't burn out for 50 years, normally.
it isn't that ridiculous in my area
I'm not being forced to use a type of light bulb n stores seem to have decent prices
actually, I want to try out fluorescent lights as they'd be better for growing cold-intolerant plants inside

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate you Youtube, I was listening to a great playlist earlier and I saved it but of course a couple hours later and it no longer seems to exist. I don't know why I even bother sometimes.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Earlier today I actually went through my viewing history for the past month and a half just to find one song. Actually worked. Might try some of that.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I actually just found it thankfully, though it seems to have changed names from what I remembered. So probably just faulty memory on my part.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Without going into details, just opened a letter that essentially says, "You just lost £1600". Kind of... a shitty start to the day. That being a seasons worth of living expenses to me. Not sure how to deal with this.

Would normally be a lot lot more pissed at this news, but I guess I'm just too fed up to bother with being pissed right now. Life goes on.

Obsidious

Reputation score

Sorry to hear about that, Squid.

I received bad news this morning as well. I am looking for a new apartment in the moment and was 90% sure I had found the ideal one. Yet I didn't get it DESPITE the realtor recommending me. Although I have looked at other apartments as well I'm back to square one now (since the others were all crap).

However shortly after I received the call, came to that disease-ridden cesspool of a town I study in.