What's new

What bullshit!

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
As some of you know, Momiji and I used to make MMVs. One of the MMVs we made was removed recently. I got this email:

Well, this is bullshit! What, do they take down every goddamn video with that song in it? That video is ORIGINAL CONTENT. MOMIJI AND I MADE IT. None of our other MMVs have been touched, so what the fuck!?

Goddammit, YouTube. They pass any bullshit copyright claim and don't even listen when you protest it. And no, I don't have the raw file anymore, I can't upload it again. MapleStory Noobs Singing: Getting Away with Murder is gone forever,

AND THAT PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF.

But anyway, this is my plan: I'm going to click "Mute Audio" so YouTube will put the fucking video back up, re-download it to my computer (don't ask how, I'm smart like that), then put the file in WMM, stick the song back in there, and republish it. Only this time, I'm keeping the audio, and if the fucknuts remove it again, I'm filing a complaint and requesting the copyright claim be removed and they GET OFF MY FUCKING BACK.

GOD, I hate big-time companies like this. Greedy little shits, that's all they are.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: What bullshit!

I've heard a lot of things about youtube doing this, basicly, as soon as someone says copyright they pull videos off the site without warning.

This works at everything, and was even widely used by both anon people and scientology to try to ban eachother off youtube.

But hey, nothing you can do about it, except just trying again, and again, and just holding out longer then they do.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

beware radio stations... they play copyrighted music all day...

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Just put in your disclaimer this time (if you didn't before) that you don't own the song.

If they pull it off again, then complain like hell.

I'm gonna laugh when YouTube falters because they pull EVERY video that has 'copyrighted' material in it, and all they're left with is some dude pissing on his outhouse to put out a fire, and even then the piss and the dude are censored, so it's shitty quality.

I mean, honestly, if they're gonna pull shit because of 'copyright infringement', they need to take down all the fan-made music videos, any sort of parody that uses copyrighted audio (I.e. all the '300' trailer parodies), etc.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just put in your disclaimer this time (if you didn't before) that you don't own the song.

I'm gonna laugh when YouTube falters because they pull EVERY video that has 'copyrighted' material in it, and all they're left with is some dude pissing on his outhouse to put out a fire, and even then the piss and the dude are censored, so it's shitty quality.

I mean, honestly, if they're gonna pull shit because of 'copyright infringement', they need to take down all the fan-made music videos, any sort of parody that uses copyrighted audio (I.e. all the '300' trailer parodies), etc.
I always, ALWAYS, give credit where credit is due. In every MMV, I couldn't make it clear enough that I don't make the songs, and I always clearly express the name of the song and who made it.

In fact, I DO IT IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS:

THIS SONG IS GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER BY PAPA ROACH
Heck, that's exactly what I put in the video description, too.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

its using the song that is illegal.

there is a certain amount of a song or tv show (per episode or song i think) that you are allowed to use that is considered 'fair use' legally. allot of AMVs are actually illegal because they go over that. this is balanced out by most people not caring, but its like us with lolicon, if we find it we are supposed to take it down because we are the ones who get it in the neck if something goes wrong.

that might have been defending them but i still don't condone what they did, i just understand their reasoning.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

1000th post in Everything Else! :D

*will read Nunu's post and respond to it later*

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

I agree with Nunu. It's a dick move on Youtube's part because it really doesn't matter whether or not you are paying the artist, they doubtless don't care. It is illegal though...

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I`m not saying I don`t understand why they do it, what I don`t understand is why a lot of videos that should be taken down aren`t.
It makes it look like they`re only targeting specific people one at a time.
I dunno if they have a filter for newly submitted videos, but they need (a better) one.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

now i'm going of pure speculation here but my guess is they view videos more or less randomly, its luck of the draw.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The muted video is up. -_-

I'll download and re-upload it with the music sometime tomorrow maybe. Hopefully YouTube won't get all pissy this time..

Megamickel

Lurker
Reputation score

beware radio stations... they play copyrighted music all day...
They have a license to play the music, though, they can't just randomly come on the air one day play songs, hence why internet radio is having to fight at the moment, they're trying to shut them down or force them to get a $15 grand radio license which let's be frank, most hobbyist internet radio owners can't afford.

That's why our internet radio station is going to focus on local artists, since hell they can use all the attention they can get.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

They have a license to play the music, though, they can't just randomly come on the air one day play songs, hence why internet radio is having to fight at the moment, they're trying to shut them down or force them to get a $15 grand radio license which let's be frank, most hobbyist internet radio owners can't afford.

That's why our internet radio station is going to focus on local artists, since hell they can use all the attention they can get.

my comment was more of a satirical comment on the nature of broadcasting copyrighted material