What's new

The Klub 17?? (Discussions about forum only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Klub 17??

>Looks at thread title.
>Walks away.

Anything you care to add Alice?

Well put!

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Hey, I'm willing to let these chats continue but if you bring drama into this I'ma close the thread. I'm unhappy enough that we are a secret message board for you guys (apparently, this is the first I've heard about it). Just don't do any sharing of your content here.

LeTwainSpoon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just came here because this thread came up when I googled The Klub 17 with search filtered to only recent results... I'm unaware of any fall back places for members of that site to chat so here I am.

You guys do realize he's not talking about the TK17 forum that was on this site, right?

He's referring to an entirely different website, one that has been down since at least Wednesday or Tuesday of last week. The last I heard, they're having name server issues and that the issue was supposed to be resolved in 24-72 hours, and I heard that on Thursday.

But I haven't heard anything official since Thursday.
Is there a place where members/people who care about TK17 can fall back to or hear official news? I'm just waiting for everything to be a-ok hopefully. I looked up some blogs of prominent members of the forums and they've been silent.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not on here, and not that we're likely to know of. We pretty fully washed our hands of you lot after the owner of the Klub17 software threatened the forum owners with legal action if we continued to host you.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

You would deny the Play-By-Post area? What about DG?
(Off topic but, meh...)

Eh, the PBP and RP boards have always functionally been the same thing anyway. If there ever was supposed to be a clear distinction, it's been unknown and ignored by most for years now anyway. Both hold RPs, with and without dice/system based rules, all are "played-by-post" by nature of being on a forum.

I think the only genuinely distunguishing feature today is that the PBP general section is also the home to a smattering of those old "count to a million" threads and a few more of the single thread mini games.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

IF DG GOES DOWN THEN ONLY MGI WILL REMAIN

MAMONO MASTER RACE

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Hey roy, its been awhile, good to see you again. I've been good but busy and rather stressed over all so I've not had time to chat with everyone as much as I'd like.

And as far as I understood the situation sexvilla wasn't fond of klub because they charge for add on content klub are essentially releasing a competing product for free. Sexvilla people are of course well within their rights to demand that no unauthorized addons are released because I assume the end user license agreement (that window you have to accept when installing) has a provision that says you are not allowed to modify the game. Although I've never actually read that EULA. So if 40% of their revenue was from additional packs that no one buys because klub release equivalent content for free, thats wasted money and effort, even if people still buy the original game.

And as I say, a decent proportion of klubbers are capable of operating a legitimate forum (even if its a very gray area), but people sharing the game illegally constantly hamstring their efforts. Then there is how there are "spies" that follow the klub around and make sure any infringement is punished. Regardless we've had too many warnings here to have people discuss things about klub beyond this thread and all that drama and betrayl makes a great soap opera but it's not a can of worms I would like to see again.

Reactions: Roy

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

No.

LeTwainSpoon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey roy, its been awhile, good to see you again. I've been good but busy and rather stressed over all so I've not had time to chat with everyone as much as I'd like.

And as far as I understood the situation sexvilla wasn't fond of klub because they charge for add on content klub are essentially releasing a competing product for free. Sexvilla people are of course well within their rights to demand that no unauthorized addons are released because I assume the end user license agreement (that window you have to accept when installing) has a provision that says you are not allowed to modify the game. Although I've never actually read that EULA. So if 40% of their revenue was from additional packs that no one buys because klub release equivalent content for free, thats wasted money and effort, even if people still buy the original game.

And as I say, a decent proportion of klubbers are capable of operating a legitimate forum (even if its a very gray area), but people sharing the game illegally constantly hamstring their efforts. Then there is how there are "spies" that follow the klub around and make sure any infringement is punished. Regardless we've had too many warnings here to have people discuss things about klub beyond this thread and all that drama and betrayl makes a great soap opera but it's not a can of worms I would like to see again.
I think like 80% of the content on the forums are made by the TK17 members, I don't know anything about this drama as I'm just there for the content but from what I can tell a lot of it is done by community members.

I still don't 100% believe that the TK17 is shutdown. It's highly possible that it was legal issues yet but there hasn't been anything official mentioned.

Lurker
Reputation score

A secret message board?

Traveling gypsies?

You guys are making it all sound all deviously wicked.

This site just happens to have members who also happen to be members of another site, so when one site goes down it only makes sense that those of us who know one another from the other site discuss what's going on with whichever site is down. Its no different than two friends being on both Facebook and Myspace, then messaging one another about Myspace being down on Facebook.

As for referring to those involved with the project being gypsies, that's a big brush statement. I personally own the legit version of the game, and most of the content, I have no interest in most of the rooms. I just prefer the modified version because it has settings and body sliders the official version doesn't have, so as far as I see it, there's no difference between TK17 and a modified version of Skyrim.
Point one: They were asked to leave here and never return after the forum got threatened with legal action. So "deviously wicked" may be a tad hyperbolic, but they were certainly doing something shady. And the fact that this (apparently) prevents them from having a permanent base of operations invites comparison to nomadic trouble-maker types, which is the gypsy stereotype last I heard.

Point two: This site hasn't been host to any of that content for some time, and this thread was started and initially supported by two people who were both making their first post and posting in the wrong section. Everyone gets teased over posting wrong, and asking for things without even saying hello does not merit a warm and welcoming reception from me. I can't speak for the rest of the forum, but I'm sure there's a couple for people at least who agree with me.

Point three: Even disregarding all of the above, I'm under the impression that this thread is over. The question was asked and answered, and now we're having an argument over who was being an asshole and who isn't and why, which isn't a terribly important discussion to have as everybody's an asshole all the time if you look at it wrong.

foob06

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

well, I'm glad to see you, Roy ..

I've read most of the topic here. Among all these faggots here ranting about "copyrights" of which, they also don't even give a shit..

I guess this thread will be the meeting point then..

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Point three: Even disregarding all of the above, I'm under the impression that this thread is over. The question was asked and answered, and now we're having an argument over who was being an asshole and who isn't and why, which isn't a terribly important discussion to have as everybody's an asshole all the time if you look at it wrong.
Case in point:

I've read most of the topic here. Among all these faggots here ranting about "copyrights" of which, they also don't even give a shit..

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

How about you remove your head from the two asses you managed to get it buried in and actually read the thread?

Your shenanigans and the grey area of legality almost got the forum SHUT DOWN. I don't care if you don't think it's your problem, it's well within the site moderation to tell you to buzz off with a thousand torches and pitchforks behind you. Judging from all the people who don''t have under 5 post's opinions in this thread, I daresay the general consensus is to piss off with this subject.

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Your shenanigans and the grey area of legality almost got the forum SHUT DOWN.
Drop the hypocrisy already..

This site shares a ton of copyrighted content without permission, but the minute one company sent one lousy form letter, quite a few of you suddenly shit yourselves and started condemning those who are doing the same thing others on this site do with Illusion games and stuff from DLsite. At least the TK17 people were sharing content they made themselves, while those sharing Illusion games and crap from DLsite are just outright sharing content they didn't have a hand in making.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Klu Klux Klub17 Shall Rise Again!!!

Or not... because like modern people who embrace the ideals of the Confederacy, you can't seem to grasp the idea that you lost this particular fight, and you lost it a LONG TIME AGO. Move along, people.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

We've been asked to remove things before, that's no new territory. We were threatened legally if we didn't stop hosting. We shut down the links and the community is the one who got riled up and then they all left. We made no illusion to the fact we didn't like them on the forum but yes, any time something is brought to our attention as copyrighted, we follow the rules and take it down, because we can be shut down for it. Nothing of what was said was false.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

This site shares a ton of copyrighted content without permission, but the minute one company sent one lousy form letter, quite a few of you suddenly shit yourselves and started condemning those who are doing the same thing others on this site do with Illusion games and stuff from DLsite. At least the TK17 people were sharing content they made themselves, while those sharing Illusion games and crap from DLsite are just outright sharing content they didn't have a hand in making.
You seem to be under the impression that we've not shut down other people that have asked. BZZZT, wrong. We've had to cut off loli links and Koooonsoft stuff (Shinobi Girl/Angel Girl) among other content because creators wished it not to be shared or laws set by the hosting program we were using, and we've openly complied to them as well. You guys are in said content bracket.

Also, considering a lot of the people that share links buy the game first? Then it falls into another grey area of owner doing things with their owned copy. I believe the better question would be if the people wouldn't share them if the content was worth buying.

But again. YOU GUYS ARE A BANNED PRODUCT FOR A REASON.

Status
Not open for further replies.