What's new

The Klub 17?? (Discussions about forum only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cho_hentai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Klub 17??

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that. There wasn't an ounce, not even a gram, of professionalism in that post. It was contradicting, confusing and was leaning to trolling more than informing. If they really are that concerned about their product, how about:

1) upgrade your DRM so it can't be modded that "easily" anymore.
2) Dropping the economic model they're using, it's not working anymore. FTP IS possible with the ingame model, sexsim uses it as well.
3) Regularly producing new content themselves and new meshes like K17's wigs.
4) Improve engine and the code overall (someone actually cracked their files and wrote a huge rant about what a mess it was. Amateur (as in high school) level of coding).
5) start a healthy dialog. Thrixxx can learn alot from K17, make it a testbed and offer a more integrated product instead of a hack.

I fully appreciate K17 team's hard work and involvement. But if a group of enthusiast can produce a better product that a team that works full time on the same product, well... They need to get off their asses, stop suing everyone and actually work to earn their keep. They made enough money earning money while offering little in return. If they don't want to go bankrupt, they'll have to change with the times. They f'ed their subscribers by dropping SV3 if favor of erotic gambling games...

Last edited:

ashakto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh my god, i am so happy that i've found you guys and this thread here!:)
Like a few others i also thought were lost - but fate meant it good with us (a bit at least).

Thank you Morotaika, for the updates.
And thank you all of ULMF for giving us a place where we can stay in touch!

PS: Really gratefull to found you again, i missed you guys ;)

Reactions: PTR

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that. There wasn't an ounce, not even e gram, of professionalism in that post. It was contradicting, confusing and was pointing to trolling more than informing.
Hence why I was suspicious of whether it was genuine or not also, but people are people, and it's perfectly possible that it was actually an employee/team member going on a rant. Given the amount they wrote, it's a bit much for a troll. Does seem like you'd need to have a very personal connection to the issue to bother writing that much. (For those who missed the post for the poster deleted it, there was a lot of it)

And if that Sandman guy says it looks familiar, I can go with that. Not that any of this really means anything to me personally. Just curious.

PTR

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hence why I was suspicious of whether it was genuine or not also, but people are people, and it's perfectly possible that it was actually an employee/team member going on a rant. Given the amount they wrote, it's a bit much for a troll. Does seem like you'd need to have a very personal connection to the issue to bother writing that much. (For those who missed the post for the poster deleted it, there was a lot of it)

And if that Sandman guy says it looks familiar, I can go with that. Not that any of this really means anything to me personally. Just curious.
I agree. I actually think that it might have been a 3x employee, but because of too much ranting somebody at 3x asked him to remove it... I think those kind of posts by employees don't really give a good impression about any company.

SeptimVI

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's nothing much to discuss about. It is well known fact the developers are sorry lazy asses. But it's still their game and their source of living.
If they decided to put down *basically a cracked version* of it, who are we to argue, especially any place but here?

It is actually surprising this community is tolerating us post of that sort, considering the history, considering the game has nothing to do with it
and how we ended up in turmoil last time then suddenly jutted out from nowhere(we never paid a visit since then).

Only the courtesy is letting us to speak, thus better not to argue nor keep popping this thread like crazy.
And note that this page has already attracted google search and torrenties on its front line.

We shouldn't be here. Better to keep quite and move. If we not, we are shameless. See you later if circumstances allow. ;)

cho_hentai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, I questioning their business model and the results it's giving them. Someone posted that they have 100.000 subscribers. If true, then would mean they would have a smidge under $ 2.000.000,- in revenue every month. That would pay for all the employees, housing of the company, servers, licences and R&D. There are also several micro transactions for sexcoins. That would be extra revenue, but only a small sum.

The problem they're facing is that a group of outsiders are providing more and better content than they do. They haven't offered hairstyles to compete with the current, and growing, selection of wigs by our, erm, "indy development team".

They also are in an easy position to drop more meshes into the game. If you're paying all the fees for the engine and software, why only drop a new room every now and then, with only a few new hairstyles and clothing items. Why not new body types for specific fetishes. You could buy them as in game extra options an build in support via updates.

Users could also request and suggest changes/updates/added content via their forum or a poll. This would create a more tightly knit community, as Klub 17 garden is now, at gamerotica and generate more content. It also expands what the program can do. SV3 could have been THAT game, but it's something that will never be, since they discontinued the plan.

Piracy, hacking and cracking are problems for all game dev companies, not just Thrixxx. There are several studios that have been closed down to lack of funds. It's because sales where bad due to online piracy mostly, that and missing out the revenue from the second hand market (and that's why it was a main point for XBox One). But some just produced a bad quality game. Sometimes because of deadlines, but corporate meddling has been a problem as well. Pushing deadlines, fines for not meeting one, making changes mid development or dropping the project as a whole.

My point is: if you listen to your users, keep improving the quality of your product end never let it stop evolving, you'll stay in the game and keep earning a big wad of money for it. You keep users coming back. The reason why I think The Klub 17 is a better game is because of that user input, because of add-ons that enhance the game and it's experience. It's the same game at the core, but working so much better and providing such a source for creativity. I think It's a shame Thrixxx doesn't seem to care enough to stay ahead of this by researching more and trying to expand the game to new markets.

SV2 has that potential, with a revamped engine, ENB's for all graphic cards, custom body models for sale in the sexshop (that can be added to existing ones and exploiting more fetishes (Furries, BBW and stuff like that)) they can enhance the experience users have with their game and will have a steady stream of revenue. Drop the price for subscription a little and the community will grow, since the new users may be less hesitant. Hell, give them a month free access to get their feet wet.. Give them more freedom and the community will grow even more.

It's no longer a developer's market now. Users will drop you like a hot potato if you don't cater to their needs. Bad reviews by users will hit five times as hard than a good review by a professional journalist. And those haven't given SV2 a good one as of late...

But enough of this rant. Become a bit TL;DR...:D

Nonona

Reputation score

A particular gem of his is at the official gamerotica-forums in the thread titled 3DSexGame Economics 101?. Reading that post is like being bukkaked with stupid.
God damn I feel like making another gigantic rant on my my site because that is stupid.

They complain about spending so much on legal fees defending what is a ten year old pay-walled, gimped, lazily produced piece of shit that now costs way over a thousand dollars(and several times more than Poser Pro) plus uses its customer base as slaves to produce content for it. On top of that, half of their patches are often adding stuff in that was in TK17 first.

"slight-mods" hahahaha right, if it is so slight then why is 3x copying the changes?

over a year ago, they never even pretended TK17 exists now not are they conceding they exist, but mentioning the people behind it by name. For a while I thought that 3x had gotten its head out of its ass. Now it seems it is stuck even farther in.

While yes, technically Tk17 is theft, ultimately, 3x dug themselves into this hole and I do not feel sorry for then at all. Instead of sinking money into fighting and/or copying TK17, they should have sunk the money into improving the game.

Ragnarok

Reputation score

Oh my god, i am so happy that i've found you guys and this thread here!:)
Like a few others i also thought were lost - but fate meant it good with us (a bit at least).

Thank you Morotaika, for the updates.
And thank you all of ULMF for giving us a place where we can stay in touch!

PS: Really gratefull to found you again, i missed you guys ;)
I quote ashakto, because this is exactly how I feel. I am glad to see Roy, Morotaika, Devianza,Marnie and the rest of the gang I always remember. Just happy to know we are not down for the count. Thanks,guys :)

Reactions: Roy

rob11783

Reputation score

it's good to see and hear from you

the thing is that if they shut down there ver. stops working so any loyal users will have top come to us cause are ver. does not need internet to work

Amaranthen

Reputation score

Just when I was about to release my newly created models along with poses. This happens. :eek:

Good to see some top contributors still around and kicking. We'll see what happens from here.

PTR

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Actually, I've been considering about moving away from The Klub and start doing stuff with Daz 3D because of the way better graphics. As some of you may know I concentrate mostly in movies (and photo sets now days) and I don't actually need the 'game mode'. I only use pose-edit and sequencer.

Why I'm still into the Klub? If it was all about the graphics I'd be long gone. Or if there was only the official version of the game, I wouldn't pay for it, 'cause I would rather pay for something that's better for making movies.

So, what is it all about then? It's the community that's keeping me in the Klub. You get to share stuff and get feedback, and most of all: Community makes constantly new things in the game, and those new things are many times really inspiring. Like motorbikes, cars, guns, whole new rooms etc... And from time to time some one comes out with a good trick to do new things (like using invisible models) and so on. So, you get a lot from the community.

It's possible that one day I move along into Daz or similar, but at the moment I get so much from all of you guys and girls in the Klub community that I'm gonna stick in. And there's also people that I like. Even if I'd move on, I'd probably still visit Klub from time to time just for the good folks there is... (and btw, Lori where the hell are you?)

Sara

Reputation score

I hope razlyuli comes back! I miss this side. The Community was very better as the Original Site. I made Comic and post it on this side. I hope razlyuli comes back!

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I've got an ever increasing urge to make a boat people joke, but only Nunu and a very small number of others would get it...

regularguy77

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Actually, I've been considering about moving away from The Klub and start doing stuff with Daz 3D because of the way better graphics. As some of you may know I concentrate mostly in movies (and photo sets now days) and I don't actually need the 'game mode'. I only use pose-edit and sequencer.

Why I'm still into the Klub? If it was all about the graphics I'd be long gone. Or if there was only the official version of the game, I wouldn't pay for it, 'cause I would rather pay for something that's better for making movies.

So, what is it all about then? It's the community that's keeping me in the Klub. You get to share stuff and get feedback, and most of all: Community makes constantly new things in the game, and those new things are many times really inspiring. Like motorbikes, cars, guns, whole new rooms etc... And from time to time some one comes out with a good trick to do new things (like using invisible models) and so on. So, you get a lot from the community.

It's possible that one day I move along into Daz or similar, but at the moment I get so much from all of you guys and girls in the Klub community that I'm gonna stick in. And there's also people that I like. Even if I'd move on, I'd probably still visit Klub from time to time just for the good folks there is... (and btw, Lori where the hell are you?)
I tried this move once. I bought Poser 9 and tried to move away from the Klub because of the graphics and content collections. In a very short time I realized this would not be easy. Poser or Daz is very complicated just to make static poses let alone animations. If you think 3X is greedy with content try finding content for these programs on the net without having to shell $$$ for it. The graphics is way better and Klub will never reach that level with the current game engine. But the time it takes to learn Poser or Daz, buy content, then pose is way to long for what Klub can offer. With the new ENB the Klub community has offered it has made the graphics 20x better, so for now I wait for the Klub to open back up and enjoy the community it has to offer.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

But... you're on our hill :\

PTR

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I tried this move once. I bought Poser 9 and tried to move away from the Klub because of the graphics and content collections. In a very short time I realized this would not be easy. Poser or Daz is very complicated just to make static poses let alone animations. If you think 3X is greedy with content try finding content for these programs on the net without having to shell $$$ for it. The graphics is way better and Klub will never reach that level with the current game engine. But the time it takes to learn Poser or Daz, buy content, then pose is way to long for what Klub can offer. With the new ENB the Klub community has offered it has made the graphics 20x better, so for now I wait for the Klub to open back up and enjoy the community it has to offer.
Yes, I'm aware there would be a lot of studying in a new software. It might be 6 months before I really get to do anything good out of it. And I believe the final outcome would be better than the Klub with any ENB or Hook setting.

But as I said, I'm not going anywhere at the moment, and I'm already testing some new stuff. The next flick I'm gonna release is going have the best graphics I've done so far. Hopefully I get it done before Christmas...<

EDIT: I meant that I'm testing new stuff with the Klub. Just uploading a test videoclip to somewhere, but since I don't want any trouble to ULMF I'm not going to say where... ;)

Last edited:

PunkBuster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes, I'm aware there would be a lot of studying in a new software. It might be 6 months before I really get to do anything good out of it. And I believe the final outcome would be better than the Klub with any ENB or Hook setting.

But as I said, I'm not going anywhere at the moment, and I'm already testing some new stuff. The next flick I'm gonna release is going have the best graphics I've done so far. Hopefully I get it done before Christmas...
You forget one important thing - system requirements, for SW they are very low, that's why more people can run it, if it has graphics like in Poser or DAZ, much less people could run it ;)

sam005

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi all!! nice to see you all together here:).also thanks to NUNU that our thread is still here .i cant forget ULMF coz i started from this particular site only as far as making mod is concern:)

Last edited:

qm8rix

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I am glad to see that the klub will be coming back online, hopefully soon.

I see the game by 3x much like the ms flight sim, the mods are what kept demand for the original high - people like to be able to create and contribute to a community of users. Hence, the genesis of the klub.

I do not believe that 3x is loosing money because of the klub - I love the level of creativity I see at the klub, and it is precisely because of the existence of the klub that I still keep paying for the 3x stuff. If it was not for the klub, I would have totally lost interest in the game and stop forking out money for the commercial product (BTW I do not share proprietary content - the klub's original content is where my interests lay).

If 3x pushes too hard, I see someone simply developing a clone of the game, which is BTW not illegal at all.

Edited to Add: Thank you ULMF for having this thread. The DNS issue has hit our creative community like a tornado, and here we are seeking shelter as we reorient ourselves and rebuild. Thank you ULMF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.