Would really like to post links, bumping up my post count

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would really like to post links, bumping up my post count

I've seen a lot of the second. Even creators who come out with finished products still have their number of abandoned projects, regardless of their experience.

Comment

Yeah, I can see that. I've tried to get to writing erotica, and the concetration on the craftmanship of writing can take away some of the enjoyment of the work later.
      Kin die. Cattle die. Oneself must also die.
      But I know one thing that does not perish.
      The judgement over worthy men.

- Odin, The Elder Edda.

Comment

Originally posted by ToxicShock View Post
        I've seen a lot of the second. Even creators who come out with finished products still have their number of abandoned projects, regardless of their experience.
        I'ma echo this, I've completed games, consider myself dedicated enough to complete more, but I'm happy to admit that about a third or so of what I write just.. doesn't really take off. You need more than just a horny night and a good idea to make a game, it takes a certain.. tireless obession. :P
        Play my naughty games here:

Comment

Originally posted by Pervy View Post
          I'm happy to admit that about a third or so of what I write just.. doesn't really take off.
          This applies to most creative works, the majority never really leaves the early stages.
          Kin die. Cattle die. Oneself must also die.
          But I know one thing that does not perish.
          The judgement over worthy men.

- Odin, The Elder Edda.

Comment

I do think it's a good idea, though I would like to see some kind of other method you could choose to be allowed to post links, but just which :/

Comment

I would like to see more people be conservative with their outrage. If someone makes 15 posts all within a day, but they actually thought about how their replies fit each topic, people shouldn't be upset, because even if they are 'beating the system' to (usually) advertise themselves, they're not spamming, and they're not bots.

However, most I run into are indeed spammers. And my general rule is, I will go through every one of your 15 posts and if it's generic bullshit or a worthless necro, I delete it, and if that's more than half your posts, I'm also deleting your post with the link you wanted to share, and will continue to do so until you're at a genuine 15 posts

Comment

Whys it 15 anyway? That number seems so random, if its to stop bots wouldn't 5 be sufficent?

Comment

Bots have actually had the ability to just completely replicate posts that have already been done in the thread to seem more human. If I recall, the posts always had some added link in there, but I'm not totally sure that was always the case, so it's not inconceivable for bots to bypass.

Comment

I'm a bot. A sex bot. Lets make it 20 and each post has to be a paragraph. :P
                    lol jk. But the 20 thing should be standard.
                    Play this in my funeral.
                    Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Zepheral View Post
                      I'm a bot. A sex bot.
                      Well, get to it then. You ain't getting any ram for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Pervy View Post
                        Well, get to it then. You ain't getting any ram for free.
                        You better provide ghtz, because I'm not cheap.
                        Play this in my funeral.
                        Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Zepheral View Post
                          You better provide ghtz, because I'm not cheap.
                          Eh, too expensive, I'll let my devilmaid take care of my needs.

Comment

Working...
                          X