What's new

Would really like to post links, bumping up my post count

goduranus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This is indeed a good rule to prevent spamming, forums that didn't have this rule frequently get spammed by penis enlargement pills and whatnot, but it does get cumbersome when a newcomer wants to post some good content.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Would really like to post links, bumping up my post count

How many posts are needed? 25? Jeezus, show some restraint, man.

OP
G

goduranus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

15, but there isn't many threads that warrants a reply, so I haven't posted much since I registered.

WhiskeyRose

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I agree with OP here somewhat.

I mean, I understand it's to prevent spamming and random marketing for various sketchy patreons, but as someone wanting to post my own creation I'm now spending a few days scouring the forum looking to contribute somehow and coming up a tad bit short.

But I guess rules is rules.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To be quite frank, I think more forums should adopt this. Does it suck if you just come in to drop off your game-patreon and poof again? .. Sure.

But that also sucks for the community. Now, Linemarvel has a lot of different fetishes, but exspecially in specialized fetish communities you have a bunch of posts a la 'Gibbe money please', with a game that barely fits or interests anyone, and a gameauthor that almost instantly poofs afterwards.

I personally am of the conviction that you shouldn't share your game without having at least some understanding of the community you share it in, to make sure that its actually something people enjoy, be it fetish content wise, or just if your game is 'ready'.

Then again, I also think people shouldn't release any Beta-version of a game without having at least about an hour of playtime to show for it, so maybe I'm too strict with these things.

Greebo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It is a good thing for spam prevention, especially with those bots that want you to buy their face cream or whatever they advertise now-a-days, however I feel as though you should at least be able to quote posts with links in them, as I've quoted a couple where I've had to remove the links from the post I'm quoting but I'm lazy like that so ignore me :p

noname_wu

Banned
Reputation score

I have the same problem, I want to share a game(WIP), but I didn't have 15 posts.

noname_wu

Banned
Reputation score

To be quite frank, I think more forums should adopt this. Does it suck if you just come in to drop off your game-patreon and poof again? .. Sure.

But that also sucks for the community. Now, Linemarvel has a lot of different fetishes, but exspecially in specialized fetish communities you have a bunch of posts a la 'Gibbe money please', with a game that barely fits or interests anyone, and a gameauthor that almost instantly poofs afterwards.

I personally am of the conviction that you shouldn't share your game without having at least some understanding of the community you share it in, to make sure that its actually something people enjoy, be it fetish content wise, or just if your game is 'ready'.

Then again, I also think people shouldn't release any Beta-version of a game without having at least about an hour of playtime to show for it, so maybe I'm too strict with these things.
I think you are right, I will remember that.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

From the user side, people are putting themselves on the line (computer health or even money) with things to trust, and with how little faith there is in independent creators, especially in the H genre, it helps to not be the user giving people links to their content with 2 total posts.

noname_wu

Banned
Reputation score

Okey, I understand. I will make some useful replys without nonsense and obey the rules.

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

From the user side, people are putting themselves on the line (computer health or even money) with things to trust, and with how little faith there is in independent creators, especially in the H genre, it helps to not be the user giving people links to their content with 2 total posts.
There is little trust for independent creators? Haven't seen anything of that yet oO Was that a problem here on the forum before the 15 posts rule? On other sites I usually had good experience with other creators who were happy about feedback or discussions for their games.

And it's the same for me as for noname_wu. I would love to post about my own game but have to search for things to make the 15 posts first. A bit of a bother, since I don't like to spam and try to find useful threads for me, but as I don't usually post much it's stressful work :D But I do understand the reason for the rule and respect it. :cool:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

At least faith that projects will be finished. Statistically, more are dropped or changed drastically from their planned beginnings.

RyenSaotome

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It did sound to me as if you would have meant a lot of hentai creators scam people for money and distribute malware or something. :D I guess distrusting game creator whether or not they'll finish their project is understandable, since it's a very common problem. Such projects often cost a lot of time and need the motivation to keep working on it . ^^

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I assume many are relatively inexperienced and so may miscalculate the time and effort required. I mean, even professionals do this, so wouldn't surprise me.

WhiskeyRose

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I assume many are relatively inexperienced and so may miscalculate the time and effort required. I mean, even professionals do this, so wouldn't surprise me.
It's pretty much this. You get an idea and get really excited for a project but you really can't fathom the work involved to actually finish it.

Plus it's coupled with the "see how sausage is made" syndrome: Many (myself included) start projects catering to a fetish that doesn't get a whole lot of attention because we want more fap material. But after spending so much time piecing it together and seeing the inner workings you just can't enjoy it yourself.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've seen a lot of the second. Even creators who come out with finished products still have their number of abandoned projects, regardless of their experience.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, I can see that. I've tried to get to writing erotica, and the concetration on the craftmanship of writing can take away some of the enjoyment of the work later.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've seen a lot of the second. Even creators who come out with finished products still have their number of abandoned projects, regardless of their experience.
I'ma echo this, I've completed games, consider myself dedicated enough to complete more, but I'm happy to admit that about a third or so of what I write just.. doesn't really take off. You need more than just a horny night and a good idea to make a game, it takes a certain.. tireless obession. :p

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm happy to admit that about a third or so of what I write just.. doesn't really take off.
This applies to most creative works, the majority never really leaves the early stages.

GermanPlasma

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I do think it's a good idea, though I would like to see some kind of other method you could choose to be allowed to post links, but just which :/