What's new

Old Stuff to be archived

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
The Accursed Ones will Rise. To them they will gather their dark forces and vie for supremacy of the lands. Once threatened, the Gods will descend upon them from above and all the world will be washed clean, to begin anew.

An ancient prophecy foretelling the end, long forgotten by most of the residents of Vira. But one that may yet prove true, as the Accursed Ones, powerful beings of darkness, begin to stir, triggering a wave of lesser beings to flock to their sides, for if the dark ones were to win their engagement, the world would not be remade and instead plunge into a paradise of evil, where those who supported the dark ones would surely be rewarded.

As violence, looting and chaos spreads through all the societies of Vira, a band of survivors must come together to defend their homes and indeed all of Vira, for if the Accursed Ones are allowed to awaken properly and challenge the Gods, even the best possible outcome will result in their inevitable destruction.

----------

Inspired largely by Riviera: The Promised Land and using a modified version of the system seen here (with modified corruption mechanics and a few new features), characters will have to band together and fight for all of Vira.

At this time, I'm just looking for interest; it's a high fantasy setting rather than the post-apoc setting listed with the system, so weapons will be appropriately high fantasy. The backgrounds will also be removed in favour of some more direct control on character generation, with players being able to choose race, their element, a number of points to be spent on weapon proficiencies and some to be spent on their primary attributes. (probably base 6 with 5 points to spend on attributes, plus the bonus from element)

Races are open to discussion, but true to its Riviera roots, will be primarily fae/mythological races. Humans do not exist in this setting, but Sylph, Fae, Sirens etc. do. The only thing your race will affect, mechanically speaking, is the available element.

There are six elements, being Earth, Fire, Air, Water, Light and Dark. Your element will give you a +1 to one of the primary attributes as well as defining which weapons and spells are avaliable to you.

Earth +1 Body
Fire +1 Body
Light +1 Mind
Air +1 Mind
Water +1 Spirit
Dark +1 Spirit

As far as weapons go, I've not worked out the full list as of yet, but character will have a number of points to spend on weapon/magic proficiencies. There are three levels of procifiency, with one being the minimum needed to effectivly wield a weapon (although you are welcome to try) and three being mastery of a weapon. There will likely be a limiting factor in how many weapons one can master. Offensive Magic and Support Magic will also appear as weapons, rather than the impliments used to cast magic (so one does not buy magic wand, but buys a magic style and then wields a wand with that style)

The most important aspect of weapons is that they are the primary way in which characters gain new skills and abilities. Each item will have a certain powers or effects when it is wielded, but a character may spend their exp to learn how to retain these abilities without the weapon itself. These abilities will each have their own levels, if you do not have the appropriate proficiency level in the weapon, you cannot use or learn the ability. For example, a sword may have the Flametongue(lvl 1) and Firestorm(lvl 3) abilities, each allowing a special attack. A character with only level 2 in swords can use and learn Flametongue, but cannot use Firestorm. Not all abiltiies will be special attacks; special weapons will grant things such as +1 to an ability or give other traits not related to combat itself.

Exception means all elements bar this one may use it.
Exclusive is specific element only.

All:
Sword
Crossbow
Offensive Magic
Support Magic

Earth

Bow: Exception
Hammer: Exclusive

Air

Mace: Exception
Rapier: Exclusive

Fire

Spear: Exception
Handcannon: Exclusive

Water

Dagger: Exception
Flail: Exclusive

Light

Claws: Exception
Halberd: Exclusive

Dark

Staff: Exception
Whip: Exclusive
As noted, I am just looking for interest right now, I don't know how many players I'll be taking on yet but there's a decent chance of me running multiple groups (similar to Colony, with multiple teams working towards the same goal, whose exact sizes and members change). Feel free to ask questions or propose races, as I'm yet to really sit down and nut out exactly what is and isn't avaliable.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Rise of the Accursed(interest check)

This post expressing interest was commandeered for system information, but then Inky changed his mind. Sorry :x

BlueSlime: Forgiveness is earned...

Then again, slimes are not known for their long memories..

What were we talking about again?

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

This post expressing interest was commandeered for system information, but then Inky changed his mind. Sorry :x

Last edited by a moderator:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Riviera? I've got that somewhere - moved a bit too slow for me, personally.

Sorta interested.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Varying degrees of interest shown.

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Consider me interested, Riviera was a load of fun.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Quick question: Is this going to be one of those "All your characters HAVE to be female games?" Because I can't play a female for shit.

Also, if males are allowed, will there be Yaoi? I have an extreme aversion to yaoi.

Just trying to see if this is something I'd enjoy being in.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Interest expressed, though I do believe it was kind of obvious.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Might be interested.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Quick question: Is this going to be one of those "All your characters HAVE to be female games?" Because I can't play a female for shit.

Also, if males are allowed, will there be Yaoi? I have an extreme aversion to yaoi.

Just trying to see if this is something I'd enjoy being in.
Nope, I've never run a female exclusive game nor do I ever intend to.

As far as yaoi, I do strive to avoid activities my players dislike whenever practical. That said, as with the nature of groups, I cannot guarantee there will never be a male enemy (or tentacles) who attempt to seduce or sexually assault the characters. I can promise I won't specifically victimise your character, nor will I go into detail with your character, instead adopting a "fade to black" approach.

Pale

Reputation score

As per conversations elsewhere, interest expressed.

P

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

After reading Inc's post, count me in as a fully interested. Need something to do between the Netflix shipping days :D

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm interested, though I still can't decide what race to pick (too many cool ones, can only choose one). Good thing I have time. :p

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Reposting races, as I've run out of room:

Race: Elf
Elements: Earth, Fire, Air, Water, Light

The race most numerous on Vira in this age, due to their ability to adapt to their environment, elves are a plentiful people with a diverse range of culture and even physical appearance depending on where one hails from. One of the few things universal amongst them is that they all practice a martial discipline, seeking to hone their bodies and minds through mastery of combat form. The exact form varies not only from city to city, but from elf to elf, each choosing a style that suits themselves. Once a week, they will spend an entire day doing nothing but training first their body, then their mind, in rituals and rigorous training; a habit that many other races take amusement from.

This individuality in their philosophical practice leads to Elves developing such a wide array of elemental affinities. While most other creatures are limited to a few elements they are naturally drawn to, Elves are able to manifest a wide variety not limited by genetics or culture thanks to their open beliefs about spirituality and perhaps a certain level of natural magical talent able to be channelled through their philosophy. There are even rumours of elves who were able to manifest dark power, but it is not considered safe to dwell on such thoughts; their very beliefs run contrary to the darkness and strive towards inner peace and harmony; every so often a prodigy will achieve this kind of enlightenment before their element manifests properly and thus manifest into an elf of light.

Physically, Elves are entirely humanoid, although their eyes and hair will vary in colour depending on their elemental affinity. This means that until they have properly manifested their element, usually around the time they hit puberty or slightly afterwards, their eyes and hair change, in some particularly sensitive cases as often as their mood. They are one of the taller races on Vira, but even with their martial training, their builds are on the slender side. Elves are naturally very flexible and their ears are moderately sized with a point at the tip. Their exact dress sense various from city to city, but elves typically favour clothing that gives them a fair amount of freedom to move around.

Race: Faerie
Elements: Most commonly Air, but also Earth, Fire, and Water

Spread throughout Vira in small communities are the Fae, a small but mischievous race of magical tricksters. Rather than build towns or cities, they live close to nature in 'circles', making their homes in sites close to the element they represent. They tend to lead a happy, carefree existence, although one should not mistake their childlike size or mentality for ignorance or stupidity; they can be deceptivly intelligent. In truth, they are easy to underestimate but can easily be just as dangerous as other races when they or their territory is threatened. While tricksters, their jokes and pranks are usually harmless, only do the most malicious of faeries turn to cruel and painful jokes and tricks and these tend to find themselves outcast from their circle before long.

Physically, they resemble small, winged elves, reaching heights of between three and four feet and while some tales may state they appear like children this is false, their bodies simply resemble small adults. Their features vary depending on their circle, with faeries of a circle retaining the same element and general appearance as each other, but both skin tone, hair and eye colour and wing colour and shape do vary dramatically across Vira. They tend to dress in colours that match their appearance and like the elves they resemble, favour clothing that grants them a good deal of freedom to move. They also tend towards a preference for shorts, skirts and sleeveless tunics, preferring to leave much of their arms and legs bare.

Spiritually, they are born into the elemental affinity. The circle they grow up in will be devoted to a single element, usually in a loaction that resonates with it strongly. They do not question this, it is simply how things are, much like birds are born with wings, and fish are born to swim. They strive to protect and uphold their element and the traits that represent it, although rarely at the expense of a different element. They do show a preference for avoiding conflict, some even come across as very shy, but at the same time they will stand up for their beliefs and defend themselves or those they are fond of. There are rumours of an occasional faerie being born of an element not of their circle and having to leave to find a circle that sutis their affinity, but even amongst the fae themselves it is not known how true these stories are.

Race: Siren
Elements: Air, Water
Brought to you by Sinfulwolf

The stories of Sirens are those of malice filled creatures who lure travellers and sailors to their death on rocky shores and vicious storms. The truth is that Sirens are actually quite innocent and friendly, but unfortunately horribly naive, often forgetting that some of the other races cannot breathe beneath the waves or that ships cannot traverse the rocky shoals in which the Sirens make their homes.

Their voices are amongst the most beautiful ever heard, and every single member of the race savours the fine art of singing, and carries an instrument with them at all times. Mostly it is a flute carved from driftwood, but if they can find the cords they construct beautiful harps to take with them to play their music. Their songs are what attract others to them, the notes nearly irresistible, and unfortunately their deaths most often await, an occurrence which pains the Siren greatly, though often quickly forgetting it may have been their own fault.

Physically, the Sirens mostly appear as beautiful humanoids, with long flowing hair of greatly varied colours and slightly pointed ears. Most interesting may be the bird like feathered wings that arch from their back, able to carry them in flight for short distances, or longer if they catch a strong air current. The tales of their fish tails are mistakes made by survivors of their song, for when nestled on the rocks by their nests, they often keep a seal skin draped across their legs which from a distance gives the appearance of a tail. The Sirens are born within these seal skins, and can actually slide inside and remove them with each, allowing them to take on the appearance of said animal, through with two raised rows of feathers running down their backs. Whilst in said skins, the Sirens are able to swim within the strong currents of the deep ocean with ease.

Spiritually, Sirens worship the caress of air and flow of water, the two elements that make up their homes, but also their methods of travel. Their love of the two is what leads them to nest on the ocean shoals and coastlines, and sometimes even small rocky islands far from the mainland. They have not been known to resort to physical violence, indeed not even to eat, feasting instead of plant life they find. It is only because of the distrust other races have for them that Sirens stay away from most centres of civilization, a fact that saddens them for nothing makes them happier than another who can enjoy the sound of their music.

Race: Undine
Elements: Water

The guardians of the waterways, undine are no-nonsense creatures who take their role in Vira very seriously. They are naturally solitary creatures, having limited contact with other sentient life forms throughout their long lives. While the fae may dedicate themselves to water in an area, it is ultimately the undine who ensures that the water that flows is clean and pure. Indeed, undine have little patience for the antics of faeries and the two groups will soon learn to avoid one another in an area even as they strive towards the same purpose.

Physically, undine appear as a translucent creature, usually blue, although in murky or swampy areas their colouring varies to reflect the local waters. They have a defined humanoid shape despite their fluid-like appearance, including translucent 'hair', usually kept long and flowing. In their youth, they remain fairly mutable, able to subtly alter their shape to suit their image of self but as they grow older it becomes more defined and harder for them to change. Due to their solitary nature, it is difficult to say at exactly what ages these things begin to develop, it may even vary from individual to individual. Taste in clothing, or indeed if they wear any at all also varies on an individual basis, it is rarely necessary for them as they are not as affected by the cold as other creatures due to their distinctly different biology.

The undine take their spiritual obligation to water to the greatest extreme and are fiercely protective of their territory. Despite this, eventually one may decide to seek companionship and leave their waterways in search of another of their kind. This typically only occurs after a long period of tranquillity, where the undine can be sure that their chosen waterways will not come under threat due to its absence. They do seem to be more inclined to do this if there is also a fae circle in the area, as they know the faeries will look after things in their absence.

Race: Dryad
Elements: Earth

Deep within the forests of Vira, in their enchanted glades, the Dryads keep watch and tend to the trees, serving as cultivators of their forest. Much like their aquatic counter-part, the Dryads feel oath-bound to their charge and reluctant to leave, but unlike the aloof undine, dryads are often lonely creatures because of it, desiring company and companionship whenever possible. Due to this, they are at their happiest when there is a local fae circle as it gives them someone to interact with on a regular basis, although they will still show great interest in visitors as long as they mean the forest no harm.

Made to camouflage, Dryads typically have a dark skin that matches their local trees; although in areas where different coloured trees, such as ash, their skin will likewise match. Their eyes are usually a deep shade of green, further emphasising their deep connection with the forest and in place of hair in a traditional sense some light foliage grows from the top of their heads, mostly comprised of leaves. They actually seem to gain some essential sustenance from photosynthesis, making it important that they do not spend prolonged time away from natural sunlight although this is only a part of their diet; they also feed upon various fruits and plant-life. Some dryads wear clothing to mimic travellers and blend in better with surrounding lands and their tastes will typically match those influences, while others forsake it completely; at times there is also a middle ground where they'll fashion their own clothing out of vines and leaves to mimic the styles of popular clothing.

As one would expect, they are spiritually devoted to the forest and thought it may pain them to do so, at times they may weed out one plant or tree in order to make many more thrive. They are fairly practically minded and acknowledge that sacrifices must be made for the sake of others, although where ever possible they will take the burden of sacrifice unto themselves rather than forcing it on another. They are also known for having a stubborn streak in them, once they have made up their mind about something it is nigh on impossible to convince them otherwise, must to the frustration of others.

Race: Nymph
Elements: Earth, Water

While the Undine guard the waterways and the Dryads guard the forests, the friendly Nymphs serve as protectors of life itself and do their best to see it flourish under their care. Typically wanderers, they journey Vira spreading love and joy wherever they tread, leaving a trail of fertility in their wake. Due to this, it is easy to dismiss them as frail creatures, but like all life on Vira this is far from the case although few will ever witness the terror of an enraged Nymph; only the most cold hearted or cruel individual would be able to drive them so far.

There are a number of different varieties of Nymph, each well suited to their natural climate but one thing remains true throughout all of them; all nymph are exceptionally beautiful and likewise spend as little time clothed as possible; the very notion of covering up their beauty doesn't sit right with them. It's not entirely known how those of the colder climates manage to maintain such warm body heat even in the midst of a terrible snowstorm, but they do seem to suffer when brought to warmer climates suggesting a product of their specific heritage. Still, there is no real physical conformity amongst the race, they are incredibly individualistic in appearance.

Spiritually, they are a creature of love first and foremost; caring for the weak and downtrodden but also forgiving of anyone who would ask it of them. They are tender and loving creatures who are indeed very open with sharing this love, and many a ribald rhyme has been written about them, but few capture their true essence. Carnal acts are merely one way of them expression their love, they are the innocent maiden, the wise old woman, the kindly mother, and they are the protective father, the supportive older brother, the faithful companion. But when one refuses their love, and attempts to destroy those the Nymph loves, they are quick to turn violent to protect others; their fanatical rage and desire to protect their loved ones a truly terrifying sight.

Race: Harpy
Elements: Air, Fire

Living the the high reaches of Vira, the Harpies look over all with a hunter's eye from their lofty perch. Born predators, harpies are both swift and fierce and are a very real danger to any unfortunate enough to be called their enemy. The stick together in small packs, or perhaps flocks and tend to function best as a group rather than individually. Fiercely territorial, they do not look kindly upon anyone who trends onto their lands uninvited, although despite all this they are certainly capable of being friendly as well. Their hospitality towards those who are invited into their lands is almost legendary as their sense of honour demands that these guess be protected and offered every possible hospitality, regardless of their actions. Only if said guests become overtly antagonistic towards the harpies are they permitted to act against them.

In appearance, they are a half-humanoid, half-bird people, having wings in place of hands and taloned feet rather than fleshy ones. While their backs contain feathers that usually trail off into plumage around the hips, the majority of their torso is still humanoid and fleshy, with few feathers towards the front of their bodies until below the hips where their legs change. They retain a humanoid mouth rather than a beak although their eyes are golden and more closely resemble a bird of prey than a humanoid creatures. Likewise, they have a crest of feathers rather than hair atop their heads. The most clothing that would be found on a harpy is some kind of loose skirt around the waist, anything more would inhibit their movement too much to allow for flight or proper legwork; indeed due to their lack of arms, a harpies legs become their primary appendage and they are incredibly dexterous with them. They even have their own versions of bows, crossbows and firearms, able to be operated with their feet while in flight, as impossible as it sounds.

Spiritually, as mentioned the Harpies are fierce, territorial and honour bound in their hospitality, all strongly resonating with the essence of fire and many choose this path, highlighting these elements of them further. Others put their faith more in the air that keeps them aloft, coming across as more capricious than their other kin and are more inclined to wander rather than take roost in a territory, solitary if necessary. Either way, they retain their predatory mindset and are fierce and quick to anger, although are not without their sense of honour.

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Seems kind of interesting. Might be willing to give it a go, if you're still considering players.

One question, though. You mention Sylphs but don't actually have them listed in the potential races. Change your mind or oversight? (and you literally sniped me on the new races post *laughs*)

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Nah, they didn't make the final cut. Anything they'd do is divided between the Fae, Sirens and Harpies, purpose-wise.

Races pt 2: (out of room again :|)

Race: Nekomata
Elements: Fire

The proud and noble Nekomata rule the more arid areas of Vira, forming highly feudalised socieities with rigid heirarchy. Of all the people's of Vira, they are the most organised and industrialised and their cities rival those of the Lamia for centres of knowledge and learning. They are all too aware that they were the main force behind halting the last wave of drkness to cast itself across Vira and have become overproud in this fact, often much to the annoyance of those who have dealings with them. However, their militia remain highly drilled and trained and ready to protect their lands from any enemy, making them a force to be reckoned with nonetheless.

Physically, they are a humanoid creature with feline traits, most noticably their ears, pointed teeth and tails; each nekomata has a pair of them, long and flexible as one would expect from a feline. They also tend to be agile, powerful and highly flexible, with lean but athletic builds. Height-wise, they typically stand a little over five feet, although they rarely stand up to their full height, prefering to hunch over slightly. They are, however, bipedal and while their hands and feet often have short claws upon them, they retain the manual dexterity of a humanoid hand. The colouring of their features varies between the different clans, with their eyes, skintone and hair matching the breed of feline their ears and tail resemble; pale skin with yellow eyes and dark hair matching black ears and tails, a tanned skin and red hair matching an orange and black, tiger-like tail and ears, etc.

Spiritually, discipline and status are both very important to the Nekomata. As a species they are highly ambitious, but work within their social structure in attempts to climb the ranks and bring glory to their specific clan. They value glory first and foremost over all else and strive to attain it, sometimes at the expense of things such as common sense. It is not that they lack this, it is simply that earning glory for them and their clan values more importantly than personal safety. The more reckless of them will fail to consider the personal safety of those around them either, but the majority of them will not put others in danger for their own sake. They are all devout followers of tradition and despite their technological advances, they consider it very important to retain the customs of old.

Race: Lamia
Elements: Fire, Dark

Towards the south-east corner of Vira, at the foot of Aelwall mountain range lies the cities of the Lamia, the most technilogically advanced race on Vira. The ever-scholarly snakefolk devote their very lives to research and advancement of technology and their cities are a marvel of modern, steam powered technologies that are yet to pick up across the majority of Vira. The forerunners in most sciences, Lamia cities bustle with travellers from all walks of life who have come to learn or seek aid from these modern marvels and as a result the Lamia are a wealthy people.

The half-humanoid, half snake creatures lack legs, being snakelike from the waist down, but the majority of their upper body remains humanoid. That said, they typically have the forked tongue of the serpent and some may also have the hood of a cobra rather than hair in the usual sense, although others retain a more humanoid style of hair. They can grow up to around ten feet in length and can move surprisingly quickly at times, although only for very short distances; their tail makes them unable to keep up with bipedal creatures at a sustained pace.

For the Lamia, knowledge is power. They prize is above all else and devote their lives to furthering studies in whichever field interests them most. Many of them eschew other aspects of their lives, such as maintaining contact with others, in order to single-mindedly pursue their studies. Those who do not research, archive; the libraries and museums in their cities are easily the largest on Vira as they horde all they can. But all this ersearch and velopment can also have a darker side, as some turn aside morality and ethics for the sake of results. It was this ruthless streak of knowledge at any cost which enticed so many of them to serve the Accursed last time the shadow fell and despite efforts to wipe it out, the temptation remains in many of them, to a lesser or greater extent.

Race: Oracle
Elements: Light

Outside of their mountain home, not much is known about the Oracles. They are a source of great wisdom, this much is agreed upon, but they seldom leave their sacred mountaintop and likewise discourage visitors. They will turn away all visitors whose lives are not in peril by the cruel snowy weather that seems to afflict their mountain all year round and thus they do take in are fed, tended for and nursed back to health, then sent on their way all without having seen anything beyond the entrance of the Oracles' sanctuary and the room they stayed in.

Occasionally, one of the Oracles will leave the mountain to deliver a warning or some other piece of crucial wisdom exactly when it is needed most. And due to both this and their normally secretive nature, the other races have developed a habit of paying attention to the Oracles when they do intervene in the affairs of Vira.

While there are many stories about their appearance, all wild and extravagant, outside of themselves no one is entirely sure, for they are always seen in heavy, white robes, decorated with gold runes. Some even go so far as to suggest that there actually isn't anything under the robes and the narrow eye-slit where golden eyes can be seen peeking out is merely to aid them in blending in with the "lesser" races.

In truth, the Oracles are Nephalim, born of both angel and elf and charged with watching over Vira in case the Shadow should rise once more. They live apart from the world for a number of reasons, both in order to maintain their close bond with the light as well as protection against the Shadow, for they would be a priority target for the forces of the Accursed Ones. The awe this act inspired was an unintended side-effect, but one they quickly learned to take advantage of to suit their goals.

Physically, they are not far different from the elves they descend from, although due to their single-minded devotion to the one cause they lack the diverse nature of their kin. Their skin is almost always pure white and their hair and eyes likewise will range from silver to gold in colour. Their big difference, and their proof of their celestial ancestry, is that a certain celestial aspect will manifest in each of them, ranging from pure white wings to golden blood and other, more exotic traits such as a faint shimmering aura of light about them, or even having a burning sword instead of a forearm(such Oracles are not permitted to interact with outsiders at all). Amongst themselves, they are a friendly people who pursue scholarly interests, studying all they can about a wide variety of subjects; their academic interests vary as much as their kin's martial ones. In truth, many of them feel somewhat guilty about how coldly they act towards outsiders, but accept the necessity of it and the judgements of those of ages past.

Race: Vampyre
Elements: Dark

On the far edge of Vira, there is a dark city almost perpetually cloaked in darkness brought on by thick, heavy clouds overhead; Dracholt. Many fearful things are uttered about this place, for the very lands themselves have been scarred by darkness. Between the lack of sunlight and tainted soil, crops that grow there are weak, unhealthy and few in number. It is in this forsaken place that the Vampyre dwell, nocturnal creatures of darkness. Many stories are told of them throughout Vira, although it is often difficult to separate truth from myth or propaganda. One that that is certainly true, however, is they do indeed drink the blood of other creatures as sustenance, an act that will forever villianise them in the eyes of most of Vira.

The Vampyre are creatures of passion, in all its many forms. Almost slaves to their feelings and emotions, they will follow through with all they have in all things; a racial habit that makes them both frightening warriors and fierce lovers. Stories of them exploding in sunlight are largely exaggerated, they are nocturnal creatures who prefer to act during the night but apart from some mild discomfort of being awake during hours they would normally sleep through they are not adversely affected. Likewise, they are not the risen corpses of elves who have strayed from their path of light, nor can one became a Vampyre by committing foul deeds or associating with them.

Indeed, the Vampyre do bear a strong physical resemblance to elves, they are both tall and thin races, although the Vampyres ears do tend to be longer and more pointed. They are also less physically varied than the diverse elves, as one might expect, although the absence of sunlight in their lives often leads to incredibly pale skin. Their hair colour also tends to match this paleness, although dark hair is hardly uncommon either. Their eyes are all an unsettling shade of red, furthering the natural distrust of their kind amongst greater Vira. They most often sustain themselves through livestock blood, the only readily available source, although those with close ties to other races will do their best to achieve a higher quality of meal; blood of a sentient creature is tastier, more nourishing and so much more enjoyable to acquire.

The Vampyres are descended from agents of darkness who served the Accursed Ones in the past and many fear will do so once again should they arise. Due to this, they find a certain amount of kinship with the Lamia, some of which also served the darkness in ages past. Most Vampyres found outside of their home city will be in Lamia lands; the only others who find a measure of acceptance in Vira are those who become centrepieces for high-class brothels, the safest way for them to indulge in their passions abroad and often a rewarding way as well. Of course, not all of them are above living as a criminal in an unfriendly town, attacking those who wander the streets at night for food, but likewise not all of them are immediately willing to stoop this low.

Last edited:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Aye cap'n. Extreme interest has been shown :3

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Nekomata and Lamia descriptions seem to be missing.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Have to catch up more on this when I have more free time, but consider this a place holder for a spot. Some interest shown, mostly need to familiarize myself with the engine before I can say for definite.

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Nekomata and Lamia descriptions seem to be missing.
I'm aware, I've been doing them one at a time, but ran out of characters in my first post.