Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: SOPA, PIPA, MEGAUPLOAD, AND THE FUTURE OF THE FORUMS

people in congress are morons.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

people in general are morons.
fixed that for ya.

But yeah, I think everyone feels that Congress, or rather the Government in general, is stupid right now. We just need to threaten to boot out everyone in the government. THAT'LL get their attention for sure.

Sojourner

Demon Girl
Reputation score

But yeah, I think everyone feels that Congress, or rather the Government in general, is stupid right now. We just need to boot out everyone in the government. THAT'LL get their attention for sure.
Fixed that for you. Although letting Romney run the Executive branch might not be such a good idea. And that still wouldn't fix the ultra-conservative Supreme Court. A "conservative" judge in the 1970s would now be considered too "liberal" to appoint.

I'm personally in favor of a whole new government, including replacing the Constitution, but I don't have the resources necessary to get that ball rolling. Or deal with the constant FBI/NSA harassment.

Last edited:

bluestyle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh, and you can only drive it on registered streets, where you have UMTS connection to the car companies master server[/B]
woah, the end is coming after all :D.. kind of makes you feel in a smaller cage year after year and less oxygen just so it gets sold back to you for your sweat and blood like a the little animal you are

just wondering how all of this helping the public.. even the movie stars avoiding taxes like crazy, and now they shutting down our little fun-land :(

Deathwing9000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

just wondering how all of this helping the public.. even the movie stars avoiding taxes like crazy, and now they shutting down our little fun-land :(

Big Brother is watching you, now big brother wants you to follow everything...

Does anyone see a Scary future coming within the next few months?

Please note this:

CISPA, though it says we will still have some freedom... yeah we wont be able to distribute anything unless its been Approved by government per say

Edit: holy hell... I am not lurking now but speaking xD

Last edited:

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If and when Hotfile closes up shop, it's going to be a REAL challenge to find old and semi-old games on the net. Chances are those games will be lost to history. Or until someone that has it uploads it again.

I've been on a hunt for a few year-old games, not particularly popular games, but games that were on most hentai-game sites. And, since almost everyone made a habit of using the same four filehosters, the games are virtually lost. I had to keep looking and looking until finally someone choice to use something different. More often than not, that different-host wouldn't be one that keeps files long-term. So...

Anyway, what I discovered is, Hotfile is pretty good. There's talk that the US government is about to pull the same thing on it, so once that goes, we're talk about all the 'old' popular file servers drying up. I suspect trouble times ahead, but I'm hoping to download most of the files from (at least) Hotfile while they're still there--yeah, time consuming.

Anyway, back to searching and saving...

restlez

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

there is a campaign to get people's petitions on avaaz.org to stop CISPA in its current form.

Randomnone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so has anyone heard more on bill c-30? so far i have heard part of it on the radio and skimmed through a CBC article and Wikipedia page, I'm still looking for more info but i what have found and got me is that like most bills etc it's pretty much is it a gateway bill but i cant say much so let the analyze begin.

Last edited:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

'A ' I wonder if the police will actually raid uploaders houses though...

You Win The Prize

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Lots of details about this case are getting pretty suspect. If the warrant that the police were using was not meant to take the overblown actions that the police did, and is therefore invalid, that could be enough grounds to have the entire case chucked out the window.

Of course, if Dotcom wants to restart Megaupload, which I'm sure he does, he's going to have to fight for victory on legal terms, rather than technical terms. this certainly helps his case, though.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Acta: Controversial anti-piracy agreement rejected by EU

The European Parliament has voted to reject the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (Acta).

Ragnarok-Bloodedge

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There's been a lot talk about this lately. But for the love of...

There's also said that i've followed threats towards SOPA and PIPA, as well as Sony. By a group of some sort of "Hackers". It did indeed lay some fire on their houses for a moment. But apparently. The US Congress and the Votes for SOPA and PIPA issues are extreme. I asked a contact of mine. And those so called "SOPA" and "PIPA" is getting a hell of a Negative Respond towards their action. And IF they by any stretches tries to do too much damage towards Freedom. I know for sure that the World will start a Rebel and a new age of Civil War across the Globe. Because no one tackles their Actions as easily bypassed.

I refuse myself to let them go. So be it if i have to murder them to keep the Freedom in this World. I don't want to be shackled and tortured by meary and pitiful people like SOPA and PIPA. They are apparently slowly dwindling down, though. Because the pressure the amount of responding people across the World against this is massive. I even heard that there was some serious threats against them.

Action against pitifulness and manipulating morons like them has to be taken. So the Freedom of the People can stay intact. Free from the imprisoning nightmares and shackles of torture and control.

Been lurking since a long time around here. Cause of dislikes towards my attitude. I hope i sent at least my message about this clear enough. And i say...

To fu-hell with SOPA and PIPA. I never said i hated US. But only those who makes the US look embarrassing and depressive. And thats them. Let me be Free and do what i feel like i want to do, by my own consquences!

prismark

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm sad know about Megaupload now :(

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

They're going to keep doing it for as long as they think they can get away with it. They're only going to stop doing it after people take it upon themselves to run them all out of business/government.

ramza91

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This site called 'mega' made by kim dotcom has been released...i think.I'm not sure but it sounds promising.The butthurt by the legal department is abound but what else is new eh?

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

This site called 'mega' made by kim dotcom has been released...i think.I'm not sure but it sounds promising.The butthurt by the legal department is abound but what else is new eh?
it is promising... in fact i'm totally into it. it could be the future of online file storage, i've tested it for teh past days, and i cannot find anything negative about mega. it's just too good to be true. i think its better than megaupload in its best times. right now mediafire is a joke compared to mega. but things could be developing against our favor in the future, so maybe it's best to monitor it for a while before starting to use it massively... there's still the u.s. government lurking in dotcoms shadow.

Last edited:

ramza91

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Im going to wait to start actually using it however.

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

Im going to wait to start actually using it however.
that would be wise (and i'm not!). i'm encontering some really annoying problems regarding uploads. download however is out of this world (700kb/s for me).
haha and future generetarions might laugh at this... just like we laugh at those guys 10 years ago.

well, it's still too beta to properly use it. its like only 20% of "100%" uploaded files are uploaded. pretty... well... i dont know the right words to describe this assness.
at least you can que them but with bad luck it will upload the same file again and again and again. you could bet some binary stock options on this to have some fun.

in short: a hell for uploaders, heaven for downloaders.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

So the new Mega site seems to require you to use Chrome... fuck that.

myrubbish2001

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So the new Mega site seems to require you to use Chrome... fuck that.
And WHAT is wrong with chrome? If you ask me, its one of the better (if not best) web-browsers out there.