What's new

Announcement: Rolling out the [Incomplete] tag

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
We're rolling out a new thread prefix for games that are still in development. To help us in this venture, please post links here to any threads which are incomplete but as of yet don't have the correct tag.

NB This prefix should only be used for games with at least a demo available. For discussions on games which has absolutely no released version yet, continue using the [Other] tag.

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Announcement: Rolling out the [Incomplete] tag

Sometimes the tags never make any sense to me, but games like Corruption of champions is a game that's complete, but is getting small updates here and there.. One wouldn't really want to call it "Incomplete", that'd be like calling minecraft, incomplete. The game's already built, they're just adding on to it.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an [Ongoing] tag for games that are 100% complete, but are being updated/renovated occasionally?

cm46138

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sometimes the tags never make any sense to me, but games like Corruption of champions is a game that's complete, but is getting small updates here and there.. One wouldn't really want to call it "Incomplete", that'd be like calling minecraft, incomplete. The game's already built, they're just adding on to it.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an [Ongoing] tag for games that are 100% complete, but are being updated/renovated occasionally?
I have to agree with this. Games like Fairy Fighting are "complete" but are updated constantly.

Last edited:
OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The intention was for Incomplete to include Ongoing titles. I consider Fairy Fighting an Incomplete game as there is a list of intended additions to the game. So yes, if the game is in the same state as Minecraft, put it as Incomplete.

If you reckon this should be Ongoing instead, post so in the Forum Development thread.

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

No thanks.. The tags may be slightly annoying/confusing, but I'm just one guy.. I'll let someone else climb that hill if it behooves them to do so from being annoyed enough by it. :p

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This suggestion might make life a little harder on you but I'll ask it anyway.

Why don't you just make a multiple tag prefix system in case someone ends up sharing something that has more than one type of content such as an rpg maker game that's also incomplete?

Edit: Hmm... I got derepped for some typos. Aparrently someones been getting a little crazy with the reputation system pretty recently. Anyways my post should make more sense now.

Last edited:

TwilitFeather

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

CoC isn't complete. There isn't an end to the main storyline yet. Fairy fighting... I'm not sure if there is a story yet or if there will be but I'm sure Eluku wouldn't call it complete ^_^; Ongoing sounds more correct for games being updated but then sounds wrong for games that are incomplete.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

CoC isn't complete. There isn't an end to the main storyline yet. Fairy fighting... I'm not sure if there is a story yet or if there will be but I'm sure Eluku wouldn't call it complete ^_^; Ongoing sounds more correct for games being updated but then sounds wrong for games that are incomplete.
I honestly think ongoing sounds perfect thought that may be because all the incomplete animes I see say ongoing.