What's new

Operation Is That Cheese in Your Ear (Working Title) Out of Character Discussion

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
As the name implies, post all discussion and related conversation here, as well as any suggestions or whatnot. (Help from other people who are running PBP games would be highly appreciated.)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Operation Is That Cheese in Your Ear (Working Title) Out of Character Discussion

Looks like you're doing great so far! :D Keep it up!

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Operation Is That Cheese in Your Ear (Working Title) Out of Character Discussion

Just curious: shouldn't the awareness level either work in reverse or the DC to recognize zombies be the max awareness level - current awareness? Currently it looks as though the more aware the humans are, the less likely they are to recognize you.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Just curious: shouldn't the awareness level either work in reverse or the DC to recognize zombies be the max awareness level - current awareness? Currently it looks as though the more aware the humans are, the less likely they are to recognize you.
Perhaps I should rename "Awareness" to "Resistance" instead for a more accurate description of the mechanism. Seeing as it's more of "how hard" the humans try to eradicate you, rather than how "aware" of you they are after the first five levels or so.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

its looking great so far Keylo nice to see the dusty gears in this game turning again. :)

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Thank you. For now I just need to set up an encounter spreadsheet, create a basic inventory for early stages of the game, and then perhaps begin a "test run" of it to test whether or not some game mechanics need rebalancing.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So Garfield, are we going to do like originally planned and have toxic and I hide behind bushes while you lure someone for 'Surprise! Flying Zombie Buttsecks!'?

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So Garfield, are we going to do like originally planned and have toxic and I hide behind bushes while you lure someone for 'Surprise! Flying Zombie Buttsecks!'?
Count me in for that as well.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Quick note here, I might be creating a "test thread" tossing all of you in to experiment with some mechanics before officially starting. But before I do that, I just want to check if everyone will be fine with that.

(Not today though, carpal tunnel hit me today >_>;;)

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Sure

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'm good with that. Also, one request: could we limit the amount of human children enemies for whatever group I'm with. I don't feel comfortable trying to kill kids and especially so with surprise buttsecks.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I'm good with that. Also, one request: could we limit the amount of human children enemies for whatever group I'm with. I don't feel comfortable trying to kill kids and especially so with surprise buttsecks.
Agreed. By kids I'm hoping the most I can deal with is teen or so, eating munchkins to start with isn't much my style.

Friendly zombie 101 whee ^^

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Agreed. By kids I'm hoping the most I can deal with is teen or so, eating munchkins to start with isn't much my style.

Friendly zombie 101 whee ^^
The current "test" system for deciding how many enemies to spawn, what type to spawn, and how many of each to spawn, and whether they are armed is determined by multiple d6 rolls.

For "Civilian Awareness" levels I have:

Numbers:
1d6, the value I get is how many I spawn.

Type:
Xd6, X being the value I rolled for numbers.
1 = Children
2-3 = Adult Male
4-5 = Adult Female
6 = Elderly

Then as for Armed, this scales depending on awareness level:

For awareness level 1:

1d6, values of 1-5 is unarmed, a value of 6 is armed. (weapon is left purely to my preference)

For awareness level 2, 1-4 is unarmed, values of 5-6 is armed... you get the picture.

Likely overly complicated, but that's the reason I'm testing it out. If people are uncomfortable with having "children", I *can* change the value of 1 for the "type" rolls to elderly. But beware more shotgun grandpas/grandmas >.>;;

(Although the main reason I included children was to give easy exp to farm off of... *cough*)

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Quick notice, after rereading the game mechanics, and reviewing the data I've collected so far, I've decided to have the Zombie Jump skill effectively "skip" the grappled stage, and force an enemy hit by it to take a minimum of two turns to escape.

On another note... it seems the dice hate the players >_>.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

you can try useing a diffrent dice

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Quick note, due to some delays in development/lack of inspiration and the fact my finals are coming up, I'll be temporarily halting game updates or doing them at an extremely slow pace until sometime around the beginning of June.

On another note... managing all these dice rolls and stats is more of a pain than I thought o_O;;

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Quick note, due to some delays in development/lack of inspiration and the fact my finals are coming up, I'll be temporarily halting game updates or doing them at an extremely slow pace until sometime around the beginning of June.

On another note... managing all these dice rolls and stats is more of a pain than I thought o_O;;
Welcome to my world

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, my life is finally back to normal. Time to get this back up again once I flesh out more mechanisms.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

It Lives!