What's new

AngleBoi7

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Eh. I prefer sites that respect at authors wishes to go public or not. Plus, these websites tend to link out of date versions because they pull it once and then forget about it.
Many of their stuff are up to date to almost up to date. the changes in rules for Patreons might end up affecting that in some way.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I throw a penny at the screen.
Did it work? Did you get it?
Ow.

the changes in rules for Patreons might end up affecting that in some way.
Man fuck those. I actually got the insider newsletter and they are really not as bad as some people think, but they're still not good either.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Is it really? People that don't want to support, will not support creators. Forcing someone to support something is quite... well, not nice and may have opposite effect.
But, if the person that grabbed latest release see that a lot has changed instead of just game version, may not only consider but actually support creator.
Sure, potential money gain always feels bad, but people are not lemons to squeeze.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Is it really? People that don't want to support, will not support creators. Forcing someone to support something is quite... well, not nice and may have opposite effect.
But, if the person that grabbed latest release see that a lot has changed instead of just game version, may not only consider but actually support creator.
Sure, potential money gain always feels bad, but people are not lemons to squeeze.
No one is forced to do anything, you don't -have- to play hentaigames, contrary to intuition as that may sound.
The situation is more that something that the creator made for a select few only is being spread beyond that select few agains their wishes, not anyone getting squeezed and, by the by, illegally so.
I find your rant against patreons stricter policies hampering creators and this kind of attitude wholly irreconcilable. You are not helping, you are not promoting the creators, trust me, I just checked my traffic sources and I've gotten NO new hits from that website where people apparently share my game, that means no bug reports, no one checking my other games or giving creative input and yes, no potential moneygivers on patreon. Do you know what that means?

I, as a creator can confidently say that whoever shared my game on that website has not done me any good(And I am of the mind to be quite happy people enjoy my stuff enough to share it, if I wanted I could file dozens of takedown notices on the hentaiart for my game used on a variety of image forums alone, but I like seein 'em occupy high spots when I google random hentais. :p ), but I suspect it's worse for patrons that function on a public beta, new releases behind paywall model and to be clear I don't like those myself, I just like this even less, if indeed I judge it right by your explanations. I think Greenteaneko explained the issue better than I could.

TL/DR: Sharing a game is fine, but if you just post the game rather than (at least in addition) a link to the creators blog or patreon, or whatever they have, the creator doesn't get much from it at best, and at worst, you could get in trouble.

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
TL/DR: Sharing a game is fine, but if you just post the game rather than (at least in addition) a link to the creators blog or patreon, or whatever they have, the creator doesn't get much from it at best, and at worst, you could get in trouble.
True, people are often too lazy to search.
No one is forced to do anything, you don't -have- to play hentaigames, contrary to intuition as that may sound.
The situation is more that something that the creator made for a select few only is being spread beyond that select few agains their wishes, not anyone getting squeezed and, by the by, illegally so.
I find your rant against patreons stricter policies hampering creators and this kind of attitude wholly irreconcilable. You are not helping, you are not promoting the creators, trust me, I just checked my traffic sources and I've gotten NO new hits from that website where people apparently share my game, that means no bug reports, no one checking my other games or giving creative input and yes, no potential moneygivers on patreon. Do you know what that means?
That people who weren't interested in supporting or don't have a buck to spare didn't bother?
I, as a creator can confidently say that whoever shared my game on that website has not done me any good(And I am of the mind to be quite happy people enjoy my stuff enough to share it, if I wanted I could file dozens of takedown notices on the hentaiart for my game used on a variety of image forums alone, but I like seein 'em occupy high spots when I google random hentais. :p ), but I suspect it's worse for patrons that function on a public beta, new releases behind paywall model and to be clear I don't like those myself, I just like this even less, if indeed I judge it right by your explanations. I think Greenteaneko explained the issue better than I could.
So I looked at things available on patreon page and... Well... I didn't play it, maybe later, but giving a quick look inside... Doesn't seem like there are that many scenes. In both games... Oh wait, there is a third one?
*checks* Yeah, seems like same thing. Clothes, poses, not many scenes... well, in last one I don't see any.
I don't want to be that person but... Wouldn't that be an issue here? Dunno about latest ones, I just grabbed what was on patreon available, but quick look took away a lot of my interest. At that point, if game is long in text/story, lack of scenes or those not popping often enough, could quite easily bore someone. If a person isn't hooked up, maybe there wasn't anything to get hooked on?
Keep in mind, this is first glance as I didn't play any of it, so I can't comment on quality, but I can comment on amount of unique scenes due to what's inside pic folder. Maybe those are reused, maybe not, but one way or another, it seems lacking in content on this part.
Also, I am not saying you are right or wrong, I am saying what I see after quick check.

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score
for the record, I didn't partake of any link in this forum or f95zone or in any of my "sources" directing me to Pervy's games...even if he would blatantly advertise it I haven't checked his Patreon yet since the first day I warped in this lovely forum full of ear fetishists...I don't know... I just feel his games are too "Vanilla" to my fetishes based on the discussions I find here about his game...

then again my fetishes would be considered Vanilla by others as well...

then yet again I might have an allergic reaction to Patreon exclusives only to find out that I am paying for and supporting "Vaporware" I had some bad experience with content creators in Patreon being all talk and no content...and don't get me started with the Breeding Season fiasco...gods...the pain...

don't get me wrong I will shell out money from my monthly salary if I know I will get something and enjoy it...in fact my last purchase is Eiyu Senki recently released by JAST which costs around 30$ or roughly 2000-3000Php here in our country....almost the price of a AAA console game...and console gaming here in the Philippines is mostly a luxury...(BTW Nobunaga is best Waifu...for now)

but you gotta understand why some people like me are kinda skeptical when words like "crowdfunding" and "support" are used...

at least most creators these days have the sense to give us content laden demos that really showcase their talent in making games and not just a youtube video saying "all my life I have been a gamer" or :"I have approximate knowledge of making games since I worked in so and so"...

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
They do do that. Every single game has a link to Patreon, or VNDB, or the creator's blog, and sometimes even to the person who translated it, if it was a Nipponese game. There's lots of people on F95 who decided to support the creators of the games they downloaded there. Sure it's probably not a huge number. But it's still something. It's still money. Money they didn't have to give. I guess your game just isn't as popular. Probably because most people on F95 seem to be into 3D art and/or incest. If Big Brother is anything to judge by.
No one is certainly getting hurt by the sharing going on there. Most of those Patreon games are free anyway. We're all gonna get to play them eventually. So what if we get a new version earlier. Those that have cash might be inclined to support when they see the new content, if they enjoy it, and those that don't have cash were never gonna do it in the first place. If anyone is being cheated it's all the Patrons who pay to get new versions early, but we get them free. But that's not my fault. It's not like the people who post this shit steal it. They payed for it and then just decided to share it with the rest of the Internet. No skin of my nose. And certainly no skin of the creator's nose. They're still getting paid. Besides, anyone who supports a Patreon just for the rewards is an idiot in my mind. You should pay 'cause you want to support the creator. The free shit is just a bonus. Unless you're some crazy rich fool who really is just giving away 25 to 50 bucks for an art pack every once in a blue moon. In which case, more power to ya, I guess.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Well... I didn't play it, maybe later, but giving a quick look inside... Doesn't seem like there are that many scenes. In both games... Oh wait, there is a third one?
Are you honestly just judging a game based solely on the graphics you find in one of its folders? That's pretty sad. Go play AAA games for the shiniest glossiest cash grabbing experience. By the by, CG's cost money, which requires patreon support for indie developers which requires fans supporting the original, back to square one.

there's lots of people on F95 who decided to support the creators of the games they downloaded there.
Well, alright, on actually checking them out I did notice there's links to the producers, so they are cool/what you guys said was a bit misleading, though, just to be clear:

They payed for it and then just decided to share it with the rest of the Internet.
Almost like someone who cracked a game or copied a movie, right? They bought it and then just shared it with the world. No one ever got in trouble for that, right?
It's piracy. It's illegal, and it's not cool.

Not that I don't agree with you on your other points but this irks me the wrong way. No, it's not ok to steal something just because it'll be for free later, infact, that's the shittiest of all approaches, someone literally will give you something for free later and merely asks some patience to reward a few special folks that helped make the project better, how can you be ok with that level of breach of trust for both creator and other paterons?

I know that there's some disgusting moneygrabbing schemes on patreon and again, I hate the beta-paywalling myself, but this isn't a moral right either.. 's what I'm saying.

Last edited:

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Almost like someone who cracked a game or copied a movie, right? They bought it and then just shared it with the world. No one ever got in trouble for that, right?
It's piracy. It's illegal, and it's not cool.

Not that I don't agree with you on your other points but this irks me the wrong way. No, it's not ok to steal something just because it'll be for free later, infact, that's the shittiest of all approaches, someone literally will give you something for free later and merely asks some patience to reward a few special folks that helped make the project better, how can you be ok with that level of breach of trust for both creator and other paterons?

I know that there's some disgusting moneygrabbing schemes on patreon and again, I hate the beta-paywalling myself, but this isn't a moral right either.. 's what I'm saying.
Eh. I don't think it's that big of a deal. No one gets hurt, so I'm okay with it. But like I said before, I'm a penniless piece of shit. My opinions don't mean jack. :p
I certainly don't consider it as bad as stealing though. Especially since they're free. Nor do I consider piracy in general as bad as stealing. No one loses anything. I just gain something for free. Dick move, sure. But that's it.
You'd download a car if you could. I would. We all would. One would be an idiot if they didn't. That's what being morally right gets ya. No free car.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Oh no pony, don't even bother trying to reason with someone who's moralfagging out. You're just going to add fuel to the TRUTH AND JUSTICE hard-on they've got. Like when stuffie tries to pull away from you, just makes ya harder don't it?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Oh no pony, don't even bother trying to reason with someone who's moralfagging out. You're just going to add fuel to the TRUTH AND JUSTICE hard-on they've got. Like when stuffie tries to pull away from you, just makes ya harder don't it?
He's mostly agreeing with me if you didn't notice. Same thing you should be doing when someone gives you a well reasoned argument, I'd have to break out less linkin park.

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score
CRAAAWWWLING IN MY SKIIIINNN!!! THESE WOUNDSSS THEY NEVER HEEEAALLLL!!!! FEAR IS HOW I FALLLL!!! CONFUSING WHAT IS REEEAALLLL!!!!!

Linkin Park aside, I guess the content creator cannot prevent their paying patrons if they want to share exclusive work for free (they can't charge for it since people will make an outcry and notify the original creator and all that legal mumbo jumbo will commence) somewhere else...unless said creators have a system to accurately track down each piece of work they churn out...like a bar code or a smith's stamp in a freshly made sword...

or you can just be melodramatic and refuse to create new content at all to "punish" said Pirates or ungrateful patrons lol...like what I see some Patreon accounts are doing...guilt tripping with a nice dose of tears...

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Are you honestly just judging a game based solely on the graphics you find in one of its folders? That's pretty sad. Go play AAA games for the shiniest glossiest cash grabbing experience. By the by, CG's cost money, which requires patreon support for indie developers which requires fans supporting the original, back to square one.
Don't put your words into my mouth because you couldn't be bothered to read few more lines of text.
Are you honestly just judging a post based solely on the first sentences? That's pretty sad. Go read simple 2-4 word ads for the... Nope. This is retarded and I am not doing it.
Not the first time you are doing this, I am starting to question your attention span.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Don't put your words into my mouth because you couldn't be bothered to read few more lines of text.
Are you honestly just judging a post based solely on the first sentences? That's pretty sad. Go read simple 2-4 word ads for the... Nope. This is retarded and I am not doing it.
Not the first time you are doing this, I am starting to question your attention span.
That one point of argument 'Not enough CG's to be a good game!' Is so pathetic by itself I don't need to address anything else. I note that you don't respond to my point with anything but outrage, so I presume that's the only thing you have.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
That one point of argument 'Not enough CG's to be a good game!' Is so pathetic by itself I don't need to address anything else. I note that you don't respond to my point with anything but outrage, so I presume that's the only thing you have.
Why are you doing this to yourself? Again, not what I said, not even my argument. Of course I am responding with outrage due to blatant lies and assumptions.
"I don't need to address anything else." This is quite pathetic, now instead of anger I feel just sorry for you. Good job, stop being the problem, fix yourself.

Last edited:

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
or you can just be melodramatic and refuse to create new content at all to "punish" said Pirates or ungrateful patrons lol...like what I see some Patreon accounts are doing...guilt tripping with a nice dose of tears...
Oh god. Yeah, I've seen that shit. One idiot even threatened to stop translating his game to English. Making it only for his Chinese Patrons. How stupid can you be? Do you wanna lose all your support?