This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hentai Section Reformatting

that's true, and being forum designer of many forums.. i can say that here hasn't been any active theme designers, forum redesign themes/layouts in years.. so i think it's fair that this is what the community needs, an complete redesign of sections and designers that benefits the Community whole.

just my two cents

Comment

Aye. I've been wondering when this would take into effect, too. For example, I'm not overly fond of RPG maker games, but they seem to be dominating current threads, so it takes quite a bit of searching to find stuff that appeals more to me. It's about time the place was made a bit easier to sort/navigate.

Comment

Originally posted by YuriTenshi View Post
        Aye. I've been wondering when this would take into effect, too. For example, I'm not overly fond of RPG maker games, but they seem to be dominating current threads, so it takes quite a bit of searching to find stuff that appeals more to me. It's about time the place was made a bit easier to sort/navigate.
        I agree with this, rpg maker games fill the game section, next to "incomplete" games these two somewhat drowns the other/full games out.

I think sorting by genre will be best as it would filter the incomplete games too the respective positions too, so people who like those games will know what to look forward to. (said games would still need to be labeled incomplete)

EDIT: whoops... maybe i shouldent have posted that...
        Last edited by B00marrows; 25th June 2016, 11:04.
        Futanari(フタナリ) = Hermaphrodite(ふたなり)
        Futanari(フタナリ)
        =/= Shemale(シーメール) OR Dickgirl(でぃっくがーる)
        (Please take any post i make in a positive or neutral tone unless i directly insult you)

Comment

The best content finding system I've ever seen was Cheggit. If you were serious about making this forum easy to use and didn't care how much of a pain in the ass it was in terms of programming, that is the exact model you should emulate.

1. Multi-tagging (whether or not users can contribute tags is an "implementation issue" but tags should be votable up/down if users can contribute tags to reduce tag spamming by idiots)

2. Tag cloud, meaning you can search for a combination of tags simultaneously, and also BLOCK tags that you don't want to see. Simple boolean searching, really. The ability to block stuff you don't want to see is priceless on this sort of forum.

Considering the user volume of that site before it went dark, it's obviously possible to do without consuming insane resources, though I don't know how good their devs were (or how good the devs of this forum are).

If you were to do this, then the easiest way to break tags into "sub forums" would be to have mandatory tags for rating (XXX, suggestive, sfw), type (RPG, action, sim, puzzle), and completeness (concept, demo, playable, done). The amount of retroactive work needed to correctly tag old threads is, btw, a great argument for user contributed tags.

Then you'd be able to divide by rating (xxx vs suggestive vs sfw) and genre simply by precomputing all possible tag chains comprised of "X AND Y" where X would be a given genre and Y would be a given rating; stuff those into the various forum sections, and BANG! you have a nice segmentation of all content with a user-friendly option to drill down and find whatever you want (or don't want).

Of course, that's the "idgaf about never sleeping again" development model.

So for something closer to what you have now, there are two huge problems when trying to find content that need to be solved:

1. Filtering out all the forum-eating game segments (RPG Maker games at the moment). It's a great time on here if you like those games, and a PITA if you don't.
          2. Determining if a game is playable, or just has an early demo (if anything). There are beta or alpha games that have 70+ pages of discussion and it can be a pain to figure out IF a game can be played, let alone where/how to get it.

I'm not sure that dividing games by genre matters all that much, if those two problems are solved. Most gamers play multiple genres, and aren't obsessively limited to a specific type of game, and with few exceptions, being able to find the type of game in terms of content is much harder on this forum, and once you DO find a game with the content you want, then the choices are generally few enough that figuring out which fit the genre you're interested in is easy.

Two simple solutions would fix a huge portion of the issues we have now:

1. Move all "unplayable" or "early demo" games into the "Under Construction" subforum.
          2. Create an RPG Maker subforum and move all the RPG maker games there.

This wouldn't exactly be a long term solution, but it's easy in terms of technical burden.

Long term, I doubt you'd find a better solution than what I've suggested above, but it may be WAY to much work to be a realistic option.

Comment

Originally posted by AngleBoi7
            The game Translation Requests Thread, is there anyway to tell if Translators are still paying any attention to it?

I would second an "RPG Maker" subforum, and the multi tags search.
            At the very least I am, but I (and basically every other translator) are already working on something so we can't take on much more. I wouldn't abandon mine to translate something else without a really good reason.

I would third a RPGMaker sub-forum and the multi-tag search.
            My Translations
            Full Translations:
            Safi's Ecchi Adventure
            Partial Translations:
            The Promised Rosary
            WIP:
            LoadAgain ~ The Dog, the Girl and the Golden Treasure ~ - Full ~ Joint Project w/ Bryanis
            Sword Princess Fine - Full [On Hold]
            Forest Warden Commence! Just coz I'm a Newbie doesn't mean Erotic Quests are OK! - Partial

ULMF Discord Group for Translators and Fans Alike

Comment

Fourthed, putting the massive amount of RPG maker games in a seperate area would be a good improvement.
              Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
              Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
              Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Byzantine2014 View Post
                Fourthed, putting the massive amount of RPG maker games in a seperate area would be a good improvement.
                Just RPG Maker in specific?

I what I mean is.... where would games made for the Wolf platform go, for example?

Wolf games have the same feeling and gameplay as RPG maker games.
                My avatar is based on the artwork of Tojikomete Mita (Pixiv profile)

Comment

Originally posted by Sakrilas View Post
                  Just RPG Maker in specific?

I what I mean is.... where would games made for the Wolf platform go, for example?

Wolf games have the same feeling and gameplay as RPG maker games.
                  O_O lies they don't deserve special treatment, we RPG'rs will hentai them beneath our tentacles...

But anyways, more or less meant just doing it for RPG would sort quite a few games, Wolf games can be in their own too
                  Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
                  Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
                  Spoiler

Comment

Those are really nice ideas ^^
                    My avatar is based on the artwork of Tojikomete Mita (Pixiv profile)

Comment

This discussion of reformatting started in November 2015 - is this still really active?
                      "'Lo and behold', the Stuffie proclaimed. 'These are my ears! Partake of them and you shall know pleasure, thus says the Stuffie, your earslut.' And so we did, and it was good. " - Pervy

~~ I 1vs1'd Mind Flayer in DS2 and DS3 ~~
                      "Women are just constantly patting themselves on the back about how difficult their lives are,
                      and noone corrects them, 'cuz they wanna f*ck 'em!"
                      - Bill Burr

Comment

I think it would be nice to distinguish english from jp games

like [EN RPG Maker] and [JP RPG Maker] etc
                        Being able to see which games are in english would be a great bonus for the majority of the forum who i assume dont speak/read japanese.
                        Shout out to everyone who spends their time working on Translations for H-Games. You rock
                        How to apply a partial/Trans video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UCWnSzQ0l4

Comment

I think the Hentai Games section could use a sub-forum for in development patreon, kimichi, kickstarter, etc games. Seems like everyone who wants to make an adult game is spamming the forum with minor updates about thier game now. Seriously, it's flooded (page 1 had two non-sticky threads earlier that were about games that were actually out). While it's good that there are more dev's making games in english and engrish, it would be nice to give them their own section. It's the same issue we had a year or two ago with threads on nutaku and dmm games flooding the board, same solution seems like it would work.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few that I follow, and being in the main forum does give them more exposure, but it's gotten to the point that it's getting difficult to find info on the stuff that's actually out. Don't know about others, but I've been using the forum less the last few months because of this.

Originally posted by MidnightXV View Post
                          I think it would be nice to distinguish english from jp games

like [EN RPG Maker] and [JP RPG Maker] etc
                          Being able to see which games are in english would be a great bonus for the majority of the forum who i assume dont speak/read japanese.
                          Not sure if it's the majority, but a significant amount use machine translation programs to get a fairly good idea of whats going in in Japanese games (some games translate better than others though). Honestly if you're looking for games in English, your best bet is looking in the translation section for full translations. There aren't many English developed games here that are finished, most are patreon projects that are still being developed. Also, you'd need Eng/JP tags for everything, not just RPG maker. Plenty of stuff being done in flash, renpy, unity, etc.
                          Last edited by raska42; 3rd March 2017, 04:26.
                          Don't PM me about links if you're a lurker. Make some legit posts and prove you aren't lurking to cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by raska42 View Post
                            Not sure if it's the majority, but a significant amount use machine translation programs to get a fairly good idea of whats going in in Japanese games (some games translate better than others though). Honestly if you're looking for games in English, your best bet is looking in the translation section for full translations. There aren't many English developed games here that are finished, most are patreon projects that are still being developed. Also, you'd need Eng/JP tags for everything, not just RPG maker. Plenty of stuff being done in flash, renpy, unity, etc.
                            Thats obviously what I do, you can see my signature iv even created a video showing how to apply a translation. My point is there are games being developed/done that are in English no translation needed. and being able to see that at a glance is very useful. Hence the suggestion
                            Shout out to everyone who spends their time working on Translations for H-Games. You rock
                            How to apply a partial/Trans video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UCWnSzQ0l4

Comment

How about a sub forum for games, that actually have romance for male protags and their potential bachelorettes. And not just "wham, bam, thank you ma'am", or the, "I just met you, but suck ma'dick anyway". Or even the ones where the first half of the game, you can choose not to screw whores, but then the second half has a woman. She's stuck in a wall, is a gross slut, and in order to progress the game, you have to fuck this gross chick anal, with no option for vaginal, or to just back the hell away and run for it(I'm looking at you AloneXP... also dunno if they changed that since the last time I played. At least they had that nice romance with the queen). My grammar sucks, I know.

Now that I think about it. This post may belong in the "I Hate" thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X