Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Net neutrality / HTTPS

Will this help?
    Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
    Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
    Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Byzantine2014 View Post

[SARCASM][SARCASM][SARCASM][SARCASM][SARCASM][SARCASM]
      [SARCASM] Yeah, great help. I can already tell - it's working like a spell. [SARCASM]
      Last edited by Yoshiiki; 6th October 2017, 09:42.
      Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
      Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
      鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiiki View Post

[SARCASM] Yeah, great help. I can already tell - it's working like a spell. [SARCASM]
        I'm afraid there's no /SARCASM there, can't read incomplete code . Also, just looking at the word sarcasm... It looks pretty unusual doesn't it, weird

Note - October 5, 2017 - plan to wear down Yoshiiki is proceeding as planned, eventual ear cleaning within sight.
        Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
        Spoiler

Comment

Yep, rebuild was shit.
          Sure was, because it was based on something awful.

That plot! How the hell did weirdad get carte blanche? I mean even in fantasy it's just not plausible.

Government: Oh no we're being attacked by aliens! The world is ending!
          Weirdad: I'll save you! Watch as I splice together human and alien DNA for win!
          Government: Sure! Do that to some human embryos too!
          Weidad: With pleasure, but you've gotta make me boss of the world.
          Government: HELL FUCKIN YEAH!!! While you're at it, go ahead and make a massive number of clones of your wife!

Comment

Originally posted by super_slicer View Post
            --snips this bullshit--

Note - October 5, 2017 - plan to wear down Yoshiiki is proceeding as planned, eventual ear cleaning within sight.
            鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Us having fun in the tub:

Yoshiiki:

Next you'll say Stuffie isn't a real Renamon, heresy
              Spoiler

Comment

How I see guys having "fun" in the bath:

My reaction:

Next you'll say Stuffie isn't a real Renamon, heresy
                What? Wait... What? Is there something I am not aware of? But those ears were so fluffy... O_o

On the other hand, no one tells me what to do.
                Unless it's my type of a female, then I may listen...
                Last edited by Yoshiiki; 7th October 2017, 05:54.
                鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

At least the new eva tries to think: What might actual people do when they're put into this situation?

Even then it's as if they missed the logic in that.

Plus since it's not truly mecha, well I'm salty bout that.

Comment

At least the new eva tries to think: What might actual people do when they're put into this situation?
                    Rebuild: Considered having shitty character development compared to NGE and unnatural behavior. Which makes sense, because look at rebuild compared to original - It's flashy as fuck, it's story driven, not character development/drama driven, everything is twisted to be (((cool))) while doing it's job as well as old fucks trying to make their movie "cool" for kids, without knowing wtf they are doing.
                    Ok, stop reading bullshit from Internet without knowing what it's about. This or your memory may be worse than mine. Could always be that, you watched the show while too young and barely understood what was going on, that's fine - watch it again now.
                    Even then it's as if they missed the logic in that.
                    They did miss it, they fucked up a lot. Rebuilds may work for kids nowadays that didn't see original, but for old fans like me, it should be considered alternate version, like DC multiverse stories and not a remake.

Plus since it's not truly mecha, well I'm salty bout that.
                    It's hard to say it's a mecha, when they don't even pilot robots. Unless you were 21+ in 1995 and watched the show way after that, you should have been quite aware of the fact it wasn't about mechas - except for things such as deliberately cutting oneself off from anime world or news related to it.

NGE is a hard show to watch, especially for people that can't take difficult topics head on and would rather cover their ears, close their eyes, roll around on floor while screaming "I don't like this! I don't like listening to this!". That's fine, there are people with weak minds and for them this show will be horrible and they will hate it. Other people will either like it (some even love it as polar opposite to first type mentioned), or go with "meh, better than average and definitely different from normal shows (at the time)".

FYI, on a score 1-10, NGE for me is at 7/10, so not exactly what I would call a masterpiece, it's good and that's all there is to it for me. Going deeper into NGE, will force a talk about crippling depression as it's seeping out of it, in such a way that you could say director/writer was affected by it while making the series.
                    Last edited by Yoshiiki; 8th October 2017, 04:10.
                    鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Rebuild: Considered having shitty character development compared to NGE and unnatural behavior. Which makes sense, because look at rebuild compared to original - It's flashy as fuck, it's story driven, not character development/drama driven, everything is twisted to be (((cool))) while doing it's job as well as old fucks trying to make their movie "cool" for kids, without knowing wtf they are doing.
                      Ok, stop reading bullshit from Internet without knowing what it's about. This or your memory may be worse than mine. Could always be that, you watched the show while too young and barely understood what was going on, that's fine - watch it again now.
                      Sorry that some people want entertainment to be entertaining. I'm sure alot less people would be critical of the original if it hadn't tried to draw the shonen crowd in with battles between giants for the fate of the world. Fuck it's the only reason why I watched the damn thing, I'd have loved it if they'd just cut out all the poop between the actual fights but noooo we've gotta spend 90% of the series watching the protagonist (one which no military organization would trust with the fate of the planet, and who would most likely have been subjected to severe mental reconditioning if they had to) bumble around and not manage any positive growth.

If the series didn't have faux giant robots, I would never have watched it, and I really don't think I'd be any worse off.

I really love stories, it's why I binge most video games, books, or t.v. shows. To me a good fictional story is a work of art, though the characters through which the stories are told? Aside from truly detestable examples, they're pretty much interchangeable.

They did miss it, they fucked up a lot. Rebuilds may work for kids nowadays that didn't see original, but for old fans like me, it should be considered alternate version, like DC multiverse stories and not a remake.
                      Please refer to comment on eva fans below.

It's hard to say it's a mecha, when they don't even pilot robots. Unless you were 21+ in 1995 and watched the show way after that, you should have been quite aware of the fact it wasn't about mechas - except for things such as deliberately cutting oneself off from anime world or news related to it.
                      I really don't read about shows I watch, or games I play. I experience them first, form my own opinion, then tell everybody else why they're wrong lol. So I was under the impression that the evas were mechs with some kind of special components and it was quite surprising when I realized they weren't.

And yeah, I was in my teens when I watched Evangelion on toonami. I don't remember exactly what age, but as it was on late and my mother didn't approve of animu so I must've been getting a bit older...

NGE is a hard show to watch, especially for people that can't take difficult topics head on and would rather cover their ears, close their eyes, roll around on floor while screaming "I don't like this! I don't like listening to this!". That's fine, there are people with weak minds and for them this show will be horrible and they will hate it. Other people will either like it (some even love it as polar opposite to first type mentioned), or go with "meh, better than average and definitely different from normal shows (at the time)".
                      I'll be honest, this is the exact problem I have with people that say evangelion is such a good show. If anyone doesn't agree with your opinion they're stupid, weak minded and lack insight. I really don't dislike it as much as I let on but damn, when fans act like this it just makes me want to press their buttons.

Do you even realize the purpose of the symbolism the show employs? Nothing, it's just there because the creators thought it looked good. There are no answers, it's a list of questions. One of the most basic principles of creating a fictional world is giving answers to the questions it produces, and the creator of eva refused to do this. Say an artist were to let their mind go blank and just throw paint on a canvas, sure it could be beautiful and thought provoking but could the artist truthfully claim it relevant to any subject matter?

FYI, on a score 1-10, NGE for me is at 7/10, so not exactly what I would call a masterpiece, it's good and that's all there is to it for me. Going deeper into NGE, will force a talk about crippling depression as it's seeping out of it, in such a way that you could say director/writer was affected by it while making the series.
                      For reference why not give us a couple series that you score at 1/10 and some you score at 10/10?

I noticed this when I was giving you shit in the discord, you seem to have some sort of fixation (perhaps this isn't the right word but I've already dumped half an hour into this post so we'll use it loosely and hope you get my meaning) with depression, perhaps because of some sort of personal experience?

You may have already guessed this but I have precious little sympathy for other human beings. I find it annoying when they ask for help before even trying to help themselves and even worse, I find it truly disgusting when they give up (in a grand sense, but if you can't put the cabinet together you can't put the cabinet together). And as I alluded to at the beginning of this post, had they titled the series Evangelion: Animu Depression or something that let on the actual subject matter of the show, I would've just skipped it.

Comment

Sorry that some people want entertainment to be entertaining.
                        I snipped it, because it sums everything up pretty well.
                        For me, it was entertaining and as something I liked, I will defend it.
                        Same would go for things you liked. Nothing wrong with that.
                        Different people, different form of entertainment.

then tell everybody else why they're wrong lol.
                        So I was under the impression that the evas were mechs with some kind of special components and it was quite surprising when I realized they weren't.
                        So... You were just... wrong? lol xD

And yeah, I was in my teens when I watched Evangelion on toonami. I don't remember exactly what age, but as it was on late and my mother didn't approve of animu so I must've been getting a bit older...
                        I'll be honest, this is the exact problem I have with people that say evangelion is such a good show. If anyone doesn't agree with your opinion they're stupid, weak minded and lack insight. I really don't dislike it as much as I let on but damn, when fans act like this it just makes me want to press their buttons.
                        But the show does spin around depression and few mental issues, all the time. Some people don't even want yo hear about certain topics, I call it weak minded. I never said there is an issue with that, quite the opposite.
                        "Stupid" and "lack insight" was added by you.

Do you even realize the purpose of the symbolism the show employs? Nothing, it's just there because the creators thought it looked good. There are no answers, it's a list of questions. One of the most basic principles of creating a fictional world is giving answers to the questions it produces, and the creator of eva refused to do this. Say an artist were to let their mind go blank and just throw paint on a canvas, sure it could be beautiful and thought provoking but could the artist truthfully claim it relevant to any subject matter?
                        They loosely added symbolism through Japanese lenses, the way they saw it. No one said it had to make sense.
                        "basic principles of creating a fictional world is giving answers to the questions it produces". True for some people, other people like established world with rules and such, where questions arise and viewer has to answer those themselves. Not everyone is like you, people like different things. That is perfectly fine and will always create a dispute. Which in the end is even better, that's what makes us different from animals

For reference why not give us a couple series that you score at 1/10 and some you score at 10/10?
                        Let me start with 10/10 anime:

Yep, that was a short list.
                        Now, 1/10 anime:

Gakuen: Chijoku no Zushiki
                        Akibakei Kanojo
                        Maid no Yakata: Zetsubou-hen
                        Shin Kyouhaku 2 The Animation: Kizu ni Saku Hana Senketsu no Kurenai
                        Bondage Game: Shinsou no Reijoutachi
                        Hitozuma♪Kasumi-san
                        Tokineiro
                        Mozu no Nie
                        Mi-da-ra
                        Kouin Tenshi: Haitoku no Lycéenne
                        Warau Kangofu The Animation
                        Shownoid Mako-chan
                        Tsuma to Mama to Boin
                        Ningyou no Yakata
                        Himekishi Angelica
                        Prima Donna Mai
                        Fighting of Ecstasy
                        Uchuu Kaizoku Sara Special
                        Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Specials

I noticed this when I was giving you shit in the discord, you seem to have some sort of fixation (perhaps this isn't the right word but I've already dumped half an hour into this post so we'll use it loosely and hope you get my meaning) with depression, perhaps because of some sort of personal experience?
                        And many other things alongside depression. Hobby would be most fitting in where my interest for this comes from. Reason why I mention it as often would be more related to fact it's most common mental issue that can be caused by many things and can cause many other things. But, same as with many mental issues, it is an interesting topic for ones who like going deep into people's minds. Nowadays we have to research it with limited methods, because Human Rights, which is sad but understandable.

You may have already guessed this but I have precious little sympathy for other human beings. I find it annoying when they ask for help before even trying to help themselves and even worse, I find it truly disgusting when they give up (in a grand sense, but if you can't put the cabinet together you can't put the cabinet together). And as I alluded to at the beginning of this post, had they titled the series Evangelion: Animu Depression or something that let on the actual subject matter of the show, I would've just skipped it.
                        I have already guessed many other things, so I will just say this:
                        Life can be shit, I get it. Internet is great for venting off, but it can easily be turned to wrong direction and can cause mood drop if things won't go your way. I would say this: Don't give up, go on a walk, enjoy everyday. Meet new people, have some life.
                        Be happy
                        Last edited by Yoshiiki; 9th October 2017, 06:09.
                        鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

So... You were just... wrong? lol xD
                          Correct, my initial impression was wrong. Almost as if I were tricked by something flashy and cool... TRICKED!

But the show does spin around depression and few mental issues, all the time. Some people don't even want yo hear about certain topics, I call it weak minded. I never said there is an issue with that, quite the opposite.
                          "Stupid" and "lack insight" was added by you.
                          Not so much, these comments reek of intellectual snobbery:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb

They loosely added symbolism through Japanese lenses, the way they saw it. No one said it had to make sense.
                          "basic principles of creating a fictional world is giving answers to the questions it produces". True for some people, other people like established world with rules and such, where questions arise and viewer has to answer those themselves. Not everyone is like you, people like different things. That is perfectly fine and will always create a dispute. Which in the end is even better, that's what makes us different from animals
                          https://wiki.evageeks.org/Statements...lf_to_Death.22
                          Sorry but no, just there to look cool. Last question on the list for Kazuya Tsurumaki.

That'd be fine for a CYOA or a campaign, but a non-interactive story? Feels like laziness. And the reason why those questions weren't answered? Because the kaiju aren't the focus of the story, but flashiness meant to draw in a wider audience.

I'd actually argue that we ARE animals, sure complex ones capable of amazing things, but we still gotta eat, shit and sleep.

I have already guessed many other things
                          Be careful, stare too deeply into me and well...

Internet is great for venting off
                          You know what else works for de-stressing?

In the tub with you!
                          Last edited by super_slicer; 10th October 2017, 00:20.

Comment

Correct, my initial impression was wrong. Almost as if I were tricked by something flashy and cool... TRICKED!
                            Tricks are for kids.
                            Not so much, these comments reek of intellectual snobbery:
                            Of course it does, to the point where I think that:
                            "it should be considered alternate version, like DC multiverse stories and not a remake."
                            To me, everything below 20 years old is a kid.
                            bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
                            cccccccccccccc (also, exactly 15 letter long)
                            https://wiki.evageeks.org/Statements...lf_to_Death.22
                            Sorry but no, just there to look cool. Last question on the list for Kazuya Tsurumaki.
                            Kazuya Tsurumaki: "Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool."
                            Yoshiiki: They loosely added symbolism through Japanese lenses, the way they saw it. No one said it had to make sense.

Yep.

That'd be fine for a CYOA or a campaign, but a non-interactive story? Feels like laziness. And the reason why those questions weren't answered? Because the kaiju aren't the focus of the story, but flashiness meant to draw in a wider audience.

I'd actually argue that we ARE animals, sure complex ones capable of amazing things, but we still gotta eat, shit and sleep.
                            Again, different things for different people. I prefer open endings, but don't mind if everything is explained. Still, what's the issue here? Not catering to your needs? Well, you may not like it. Is it a problem? No.

[Insert animal type here] has very [insert feature(s) that is unique for this animal] which makes it different from other animals.
                            ???

Be careful, stare too deeply into me and well...
                            And what? Will you blush? You will look away? Engage into staring contest? Please tell

You know what else works for de-stressing?

rubber_duck.jpg

In the tub with you!
                            *Drills a hole in the bathtub*
                            Your tub is defective, do not want.
                            Showers are superior and more time efficient.
                            Last edited by Yoshiiki; 10th October 2017, 08:04.
                            鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

o_o
                              *smashes all the showers, encourages to stare into each other's eyes, prepares doujin* :P
                              Spoiler

Comment

Of course it does, to the point where I think that:
                                "it should be considered alternate version, like DC multiverse stories and not a remake."
                                To me, everything below 20 years old is a kid.
                                Huh? You don't understand how suggesting that someone can't remember the material they're talking about correctly, or that they can't understand the themes of the show is all but saying they're too stupid to 'get' why it's good?
                                cccccccccccccc (also, exactly 15 letter long)
                                Haha, I needed a breakpoint in between the quotes and didn't have anything to write.
                                Kazuya Tsurumaki: "Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool."
                                Yoshiiki: They loosely added symbolism through Japanese lenses, the way they saw it. No one said it had to make sense.

Yep.
                                Is that your way of saying:" Yes, they put symbols from christianity in the show that looked cool to the Japenese and they don't mean anything so it's not actually symbolism." ?

Again, different things for different people. I prefer open endings, but don't mind if everything is explained. Still, what's the issue here? Not catering to your needs? Well, you may not like it. Is it a problem? No.
                                Nah, I don't need anything. I expect the author of something accepted as good not to stop writing halfway through a novel and say 'ooooh this'll make it mysterious and thought provoking" though.
                                [Insert animal type here] has very [insert feature(s) that is unique for this animal] which makes it different from other animals.
                                ???
                                So you agree that humans are animals. Good.

And what? Will you blush? You will look away? Engage into staring contest? Please tell
                                You'll want to take a bath like a good yosh

*Drills a hole in the bathtub*
                                Your tub is defective, do not want.
                                Showers are superior and more time efficient.
                                Awww, you ruined the drain plug. Good thing I brought extras

Comment

Working...
                                X