Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Net neutrality / HTTPS

Originally posted by super_slicer View Post
    Huh? You don't understand how suggesting that someone can't remember the material they're talking about correctly, or that they can't understand the themes of the show is all but saying they're too stupid to 'get' why it's good?
    Naah, it's just you assuming that. I am not going to bother and add some kind of subtext, if I think someone is stupid, I will just go and say: "You are fucking stupid", without single fuck given . Don't try searching for meaning in everything, sometimes things just "are".
    Is that your way of saying:" Yes, they put symbols from christianity in the show that looked cool to the Japenese and they don't mean anything so it's not actually symbolism." ?
    No, it's my way of saying:
    "They loosely added symbolism through Japanese lenses, the way they saw it. No one said it had to make sense."
    Also, how it can't be symbolism if they used symbols? Symbolism is literally the usage of symbols. Matter of what they wanted to achieve here is another case.
    Nah, I don't need anything. I expect the author of something accepted as good not to stop writing halfway through a novel and say 'ooooh this'll make it mysterious and thought provoking" though.
    That's fine, you just don't like this type. Again, different things for different people. For me open ending leaves a lot for my imagination, sometimes forces me to go through whole thing again and play Sherlock Yoshiholmes to figure out things. Sometimes there isn't any meaning and my fun is pointless, that's also fine and I accept that.
    So you agree that humans are animals. Good.
    Of course, it's basic knowledge. Again, you just assumed something so you can hook up to it.
    You'll want to take a bath like a good yosh
    Get a proper grill and make her ask me, I may consider getting into bath if I like her. Otherwise, you will just waste your time.
    Awww, you ruined the drain plug. Good thing I brought extras
    *Puts hard hat on, removes bathtub using unnecessary force and power tools. Throws the tub outside* Real men don't take baths unless it's related to fucking a girl in it. And even then, big showers are much better for it. Baths are gay.

On the extra note, before you assume something again, consider if your assumptions aren't wrong. I left few sentences for that exact reason.
    Last edited by Yoshiiki; 11th October 2017, 07:08.
    Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
    Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
    鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiiki View Post
      Naah, it's just you assuming that. I am not going to bother and add some kind of subtext, if I think someone is stupid, I will just go and say: "You are fucking stupid", without single fuck given . Don't try searching for meaning in everything, sometimes things just "are".
      I'm really not reading into it at all. I'm pretty bad at reading people so I don't even try most of the time.
      No, it's my way of saying:
      "They loosely added symbolism through Japanese lenses, the way they saw it. No one said it had to make sense."
      Also, how it can't be symbolism if they used symbols? Symbolism is literally the usage of symbols. Matter of what they wanted to achieve here is another case.
      Ah, I see the problem now. Symbolism REQUIRES that those symbols represent something. Just using symbols isn't symbolism.

Of course, it's basic knowledge. Again, you just assumed something so you can hook up to it.
      How can you say I've assumed something when your words were:

Which in the end is even better, that's what makes us different from animals
      Which precludes humans from the group: animals ?

Get a proper grill and make her ask me, I may consider getting into bath if I like her. Otherwise, you will just waste your time.
      Listen, you need to be squeaky clean and I obviously can't trust anyone else to make sure that you are.

This isn't some slicer pegs yosh in the bath ero-novel.

It's a heartwarming tale of a badass ainiki showing his protege that he cares.

Baths are gay.
      Huh? Plenty of manly straight men take baths. Though I personally do not as I don't need someone to make sure I'm squeaky clean.
      On the extra note, before you assume something again, consider if your assumptions aren't wrong. I left few sentences for that exact reason.
      Again with the intellectual snobbery. I'm perfectly able to be critical of myself, and I spend more time on these posts than I probably should because of that.

Comment

*Scratches his head*
        I'm really not reading into it at all. I'm pretty bad at reading people so I don't even try most of the time.
        I'm perfectly able to be critical of myself, and I spend more time on these posts than I probably should because of that.
        ???
        Ah, I see the problem now. Symbolism REQUIRES that those symbols represent something. Just using symbols isn't symbolism.
        Oxford dictionary:
        "The use of symbols to represent ideas or qualities."
        All I can see here is that symbolism can use ideas or qualities, nothing about symbols themselves having to represent something.
        However, symbols by their definition represent something. So that is correct.
        You can use christian cross to represent blandness of a character or it's faith. But, no one stops you from using it to represent bloody and violent actions of crusaders in middle ages.
        It's not that uncommon for anime industry to use nun outfit or christian church to represent something/someone of good will and at the same time, they don't have issues to use it as bloodthirsty, above the law organisation.
        That's why I wrote: "Matter of what they wanted to achieve here is another case."

How can you say I've assumed something when your words were:
        "Which in the end is even better, that's what makes us different from animals"
        Which precludes humans from the group: animals ?
        Biologically we are animals, but as only known advanced species in the universe, we can say with pride that we aren't animals.
        Animals are on different level, we, as superior species, can separate ourselves and I can guarantee that no animal will have issues with that.
        It's a manner of speech only humans can do. If I ask you if you are an animal or human, which one will you choose? Again, asking if humans are type of animals will give different answer.
        That's why I wrote "Again, you just assumed something so you can hook up to it.".
        And I will assume you are just trolling, if it's funny at least for you, then that's fine :]
        Listen, you need to be squeaky clean and I obviously can't trust anyone else to make sure that you are.

This isn't some slicer pegs yosh in the bath ero-novel.

It's a heartwarming tale of a badass ainiki showing his protege that he cares.
        You just made it sound gay as fuck. And I am not going to show you that I care, I am not your 'aniki'.
        Huh? Plenty of manly straight men take baths. Though I personally do not as I don't need someone to make sure I'm squeaky clean.
        Testosterone levels vary from male to male. Low testosterone doesn't mean a guy will not be straight. Huge pansy? High possibility.
        Again with the intellectual snobbery.
        Sue me
        鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

nothing about symbols themselves having to represent something.
          That's LITERALLY, EXACTLY what the sentence you just quoted says.
          "RPG's aren't about problems, they're about having fun and watching your grimdark world devolve into Monty Python quotes."

Just a little teaser: http://pastebin.com/vGndFrvY

For truly it is written, RTFM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hentaispider View Post
            That's LITERALLY, EXACTLY what the sentence you just quoted says.
            Yeah, but:
            "However, symbols by their definition represent something. So that is correct."
            This

Also, I am confused here of what was the meaning behind your post, so I may have got it wrong xD
            鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Hm, wouldn't simply using symbols, without them representing something specific (ie, thrown in to "look good") be more along the lines of allusion and references...?

Also, *proceeds to scrub clean Asuka in shower, hangs no Yoshiiki allowed sign*
              Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
              Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
              Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Byzantine2014 View Post
                Hm, wouldn't simply using symbols, without them representing something specific (ie, thrown in to "look good") be more along the lines of allusion and references...?

Also, *proceeds to scrub clean Asuka in shower, hangs no Yoshiiki allowed sign*
                A symbol that doesn't represent anything? Never seen that. Though, idea is good in itself

Yeah, give her a good cleaning, make sure she won't go thermonuclear and bite your dick off.
                鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

See "Faux Symbolism" in TVtropes.

Also, an anime is not always entertainment. It's a story. Stories are allowed to convey any message they want to or, as in some cases, just be a story.
                  4-chan. Don't.

Comment

On the completely different note.
                    I will try to be a voice of reason here, only because it bugs the living shit out of me.
                    This thread got so derailed that I am not sure it should be in "Forum Development" anymore.

Can I suggest we just move this shit to shitposting or something? Not especially the thread itself, but at least this discussion.

I will just start ignoring it as long as nothing related to original topic will be posted.
                    鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Perhaps it's a language barrier problem? Though by my best guess you're being dense on purpose, but meh.

Either way, I'd have moved these posts long ago but I don't have mod or admin powers so sorry. Anyone with them can feel free to do so, or even lock the thread entirely as my opponent has left the field and I claim victory through their forfeit.

Comment

Hey, ULMF use https now.

Comment

Originally posted by AngleBoi7 View Post
                          Hey, ULMF use https now.
                          Well, someone close the thread.
                          鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Working...
                          X