Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay new forum software!!! What changes would everyone like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay new forum software!!! What changes would everyone like to see?

Well this is different and TBH I don't like it but it had to be done. Right now the staff is working on improving things, so I figured I'd create a thread to contain all the salt and hopefully use it in a productive manner. Think of this thread as a way for the staff to gauge what improvements we'd like to see prioritized, but please by no means assume that they'll actually follow this as they have their own prerogatives and rightfully so.

I've taken the liberty of adding a few options to the poll, and will add more as they are suggested, you can vote for multiple things but apparently can only cast your votes once... BEGIN!
    Night mode
    51.65%
    Ignore thread
    29.67%
    Albums
    12.09%
    Old forum view
    42.86%
    Shoutbox
    18.68%
    Tags
    29.67%
    Go to last post in thread
    47.25%
    Remove social media links
    19.78%
    Fix Links to old threads
    37.36%
    Last login indicator
    2.20%
    Expand search/ organization functions
    18.68%
    Last edited by super_slicer; 3 weeks ago.

I definitely need a night mode because this blue gradient is hurting me physically.

Comment

Haha, yeah I like how it has 10 different styles of BURN YOUR RETINAE.

Edit: The grunge theme seems to employ the least amount of bright colors, but the background for threads is still white.
      Last edited by super_slicer; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

The biggest issue I see right now is that when I look at the latest activity section, it shows the first post of the thread and not what I feel would be the more important actual last post of the thread instead.
        Your stop is next!

Comment

I just want to see the Threads I already saw or that haven't had updates so I can see the new things and not have to guess what is new

Comment

Originally posted by prinnyleader77 View Post
            I just want to see the Threads I already saw or that haven't had updates so I can see the new things and not have to guess what is new
            I don't know how to word that for an option.

Comment

Eh Grunge is a bit better, thanks! Defintely need Night Eyes or similar back, that should be easy-ish though. I would like the old CP back as well, not sure that counts in the "old forum view back" option or not...
              Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
              Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
              Spoiler

Comment

Return of basic functionality - Ignore thread button, thread pages linked when viewing the subforum instead of having to manually go to the page, each page being a button as opposed to a box you type the desired page number into, the old visual scheme, etc etc

Comment

In case of reputation, just make sure names are added and visible, so it's plain obvious who gave rep. Will solve 90% of issues.
                  Also, seems like I am only one annoyed with social media share links. Well, it's a small thing compared to other ones, so that's fine :P
                  Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                  Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                  鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiiki View Post
                    In case of reputation, just make sure names are added and visible, so it's plain obvious who gave rep. Will solve 90% of issues.
                    Do you remember the great Ulmf Flame Wars of long days past? Ah, the stench of triggering & burned salt, bad times, bad times...

Not that I was there either, but it apparently didn't go over well.
                    Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
                    Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
                    Spoiler

Comment

Night eyes...want to hide behind soft darkness again
                      If you see my post having some bad grammar do send a PM with correction. You wont be slagged off.

0- zero 1- jeden 2- dwa 3- trzy 4- cztery 5- pięć 6-sześć 7-siedem 8-osiem 9-dziewięć 10-dziesięć 11-jedenaście 12-dwanaście 13-trzynaście 14-czternaście 15-piętnaście 16-szesnaście 17-siedemnaście 18-osiemnaście 19-dziewiętnaście 20-dwadzieścia

Comment

Night Mode, definitely.

Another thing that changed: would it be possible to change/improve Email Notifications[EN] ? Before this...upgraderp...happened, I was subscribed to the whole sub-section (Hentai Games), and had ENs set up to receive a daily letter containing the list of new and updated threads in that sub-section, whilst at the moment I seem to be getting Message Center (Notifications thingy at the top) and EN letters for every post made in every thread of said sub-section. I suppose I'm asking for EN option for "Newly-created threads (for section/sub-section subscriptions) without/instead of notifications about every post in every thread of those sections/sub-sections".

Comment

A better host

Comment

Revert all changes
                            The forum was working perfectly before you decided to update.
                            If it's not broken, for the love of god, don't fix it
                            Last edited by Untamed; 3 weeks ago.
                            Another Eluku Fanboy

Comment

A cookie. Chocolate chip.
                              What? Too much to ask for?
                              Fine. Then just give me a Night Mode. Or, better yet, change everything back. But I'll settle for Night Mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X