Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay new forum software!!! What changes would everyone like to see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Untamed View Post
    Revert all changes
    The forum was working perfectly before you decided to update.
    If it's not broken, for the love of god, don't fix it
    he can't. the server update was incompatible with the previous version of the forum. this was a forced fix, and yes this new forum form is a mess (looking side) but thaks to aika we dont have lost any content at least.

btw, imho, the most important stuff i miss is the night mode (or old view) and tags. and link broken is a very annoying issue too.
    this new color hurt my eyes and every standard combination (gradient, wood, default vb5 etcc) is one worse than others.
    tags becouse is a very easy method to filter and search threads, and i really miss them.

reputation and all other stuff is nice but not so important (for me). i suggest to try to fix the color/style of the forum first, and then implement other stuff over time.

As always, sry for my shitty english :P
    -------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------
    Spoiler

Comment

Why did he need to update in the first place?
      Another Eluku Fanboy

Comment

He didn't. Ubuntu 14.04 is LTS version and supported until 2019.
        "RPG's aren't about problems, they're about having fun and watching your grimdark world devolve into Monty Python quotes."

Just a little teaser: http://pastebin.com/vGndFrvY

For truly it is written, RTFM.

Comment

I believe Night Mode is a must to have

Also Tags will be veeeeeeeery useful

Comment

Increase booty by 20%.
            Play my naughty games here:

Comment

Night mode please. This white/blue is just ugly.

Comment

I don't care about anything else aside from a theme that doesn't make my eyes bleed, even through FLUX
                My avatar is from Viper RSR

Comment

As someone who doesn't log in daily, can we get the little, "it has been X time since your last log in" indicator back? It used to be right under your username, and it was useful when paging through the forum to know when I could stop looking for new threads. Not super important or anything, but would like it back if possible.

Comment

Moreso than anything else, I'd really like to see an actual DATABASE where we can inventory all of the games. The forum isn't any less important but searching through content to find titles, then find links for those titles is the biggest challenge to any forum structure.

I'll point to the Visual Novel Database, https://vndb.org as a perfect example where forum discussion is a 'child' component of the product title/description/etc. That would be a PERFECT structure for this community, and it could be applied to the other mediums as well.

Comment

Aika needed to update the server(s) for another site, ULMF broke because the vBulletin it used isn't compatible with the updated OS.

Comment

List of changes requested:

1. Stuffy's ears as the forum banner
                        2. bring back tags
                        3. bring back the dark background/night mode...everything is shiny and chrome...
                        4.why is everything so small? pls bring back the large avatars and animated avatars...

Comment

I used to be able display search results for threads by the date of the most recent post. Right now, it only displays threads by the date in which the original post was updated.

https://gyazo.com/51990a864ddd5af77fb3c23c31de57bd

I'm not interested in when the OP was updated, but rather which threads have had recent activity, signified by the date of the last post made in a thread.

Comment

hnnnngh

All the threads I give a shit about are buried under ones I ignored years ago. Feels bad man

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus View Post
                              hnnnngh

All the threads I give a shit about are buried under ones I ignored years ago. Feels bad man
                              Haha, yeah I haven't even gone into the H-section after hearing that all those ignored threads are now un-ignored.

Comment

Where is the ignore thread button at? :|

Comment

Working...
                                X