Forum performance seems to have degraded since the updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum performance seems to have degraded since the updates

It seems (and it may be just on my end, however unlikely) that forum performance has significantly dipped since the updates. Sections that would open in seconds now appear to running afoul of an endless loading loop (seems endless, but 6 seconds can seem like an eternity when you're used to virtually instantaneous loading).
    Also, the PM system seems a little borked. I just tried to send a PM and although "Working" appears along the top and disappears a few seconds later, nothing happens. I tried refreshing the Messages pane and it looks like it didn't send.

EDIT: What the hell? I tried for the FOURTH time to send it and it went through this time? What's with the inconsistency? Can we do something about all the blank space at the end of the posts as well, please?
    EDIT II: Page loading speed varies a lot. Sometimes as fast as diarrhea, sometimes slower than constipation.
    Last edited by squark; 4th November 2017, 16:48.
    Current: Lily Akos, Knight of Flame. Translation Thread
    Progress: 161/319 files
    Next Update: Dunno.

On hold:
    (Happy Strawberry) Exorcism Record of Yurika Academy Thanks to nnescio
    (Baroqupid) Vibration! (V1.131) Patch Ver1.1

Completed:
    TWA 1.10 V1: Done!
    (Technobrake) Hero Level 1 V1: Done!

The forum is still being fixed and functionality returned, it'll take a while before it's back to how it was. The slow speed might be due to the number of users, but I've noticed it's faster for me today than yesterday - so might be getting better with time.

And yeah, noticed that messages don't seem to be working well right now, couldn't even leave a visitor message :/
    Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
    Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
    Spoiler

Comment

Patience is truly a virtue in these matters

On hold:

Completed:

Comment

Clicking on anything takes from 10 seconds to a minute or two, it's god awful at this point.

Comment

Clicking on anything takes from 10 seconds to a minute or two, it's god awful at this point.

Comment

Calm your boobs (female or male, whatever). This is going to be a rough time. But it will pass (much the poops mentioned in the first post)
            4-chan. Don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jondom View Post
              It's easy to blame the site, but I think a good deal of your issues are on your end.

Comment

It's pretty inconsistent on my end; some pages load quickly while others take from anywhere between ten seconds to about a minute or so. It's not my connection either since virtually every other website loads up quickly.
                sigpic

Comment

The forum is unusable for me lol, it might be due to cloudflare because I've seen a lot of forums running cloudflare running really slow, or not working at all. Not my connection, every other site works just fine. While ULMF literally takes around 2 minutes to load a page. It's not always like this, only in late hours (In my time zone).
                  Signature games are: Mugen sprites, Valkyrie's Anal Atrocity and Samurai Sacrament

Comment

Originally posted by AngleBoi7 View Post

It's easy to blame the site, but I think a good deal of your issues are on your end.
                    What are you even... I've been on here for 5 years, never had any issues, the forum has a massive change and It's on my end... Do you work for Comcast by any chance?

Comment

I'd like to add that, for some reason, I can't open this forum anymore in my phone anymore post-update. Am using Google Chrome.

Comment

I'd like to add that, for some reason, I can't open this forum anymore in my phone anymore post-update. Am using Google Chrome.

Comment

For some reason the new vBulletin is really hammering the database, I even bought a nice shiny new server and stuff and it's still really struggling during peak hours. We're still working on improving things, but I imagine it'll be weeks before the site is properly nice to use again.

Comment

Glad to hear from you, boss. Looking forward to the performance issues being fixed.

On hold:

Completed:

Comment

Originally posted by kiko View Post
                              The forum is unusable for me lol, it might be due to cloudflare because I've seen a lot of forums running cloudflare running really slow, or not working at all. Not my connection, every other site works just fine. While ULMF literally takes around 2 minutes to load a page. It's not always like this, only in late hours (In my time zone).
                              Did I say connection? Could be Cache issues, Cookies issues and the like.

Comment

Working...
                              X