Forum performance seems to have degraded since the updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngleBoi7 View Post

Did I say connection? Could be Cache issues, Cookies issues and the like.
    Absolutely not. As I said, works fine sometimes, sometimes it doesn't
    Signature games are: Mugen sprites, Valkyrie's Anal Atrocity and Samurai Sacrament

Comment

Originally posted by kiko View Post

Absolutely not. As I said, works fine sometimes, sometimes it doesn't
      ... I meant those plus any problems the site has, they can worsen the slow downs.

Comment

It might be just me, but posting via quick reply sometimes results in a script error. Eventually when the errors stop, I find I have double-posted or triple-posted as the posts which were stopped by the script error somehow made it through.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed that too. Thankfully, it seems to be okay now.
          On another note, pressing "Back" button (on the browser, not the forum) randomly logs you out of this site now. I just experienced a need to log back in after backing out of a different thread.
          Current: Lily Akos, Knight of Flame. Translation Thread
          Progress: 161/319 files
          Next Update: Dunno.

On hold:
          (Happy Strawberry) Exorcism Record of Yurika Academy Thanks to nnescio
          (Baroqupid) Vibration! (V1.131) Patch Ver1.1

Completed:
          TWA 1.10 V1: Done!
          (Technobrake) Hero Level 1 V1: Done!

Comment

Can someone tell me why the fuck I can't upload attachments anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by AngleBoi7 View Post
              Can someone tell me why the fuck I can't upload attachments anymore?

Last edited by Zepheral; 5 days ago.
              Play this in my funeral.
              Spoiler

Comment

Linked pics and attachments are not the same. The later ones are stored on this forum's server. I think the rights aren't given to us, to do that, or the attachments directory isn't writable.

The attachment storage directory does not exist or is not writable.
                This is the error message when you click on the "Share Photos" icon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hantaboy View Post
                  Linked pics and attachments are not the same. The later ones are stored on this forum's server. I think the rights aren't given to us, to do that, or the attachments directory isn't writable.

The attachment storage directory does not exist or is not writable.
                  This is the error message when you click on the "Share Photos" icon.
                  Yeah, That's the problem I have with "Share Photo" and "Upload Attachments".

Comment

Originally posted by aika View Post
                    For some reason the new vBulletin is really hammering the database, I even bought a nice shiny new server and stuff and it's still really struggling during peak hours. We're still working on improving things, but I imagine it'll be weeks before the site is properly nice to use again.
                    V5 is notorious for breaking data so fast that it just slows down the processing speed of many different servers including yours. Cloudflare is one exception. it can take awhile to recompile data and send it back quickly. this is what i call "Data Breakers" a term for breaking data, making things slow. it usually happens often on V5 boards. luckily, here's fix for it, we just need to adjust V5 data a bit to keep it from breaking. that means we have to fix a part of V5 board to prevent that.

Comment

I still can't upload photos, is this going to be fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by xellos49698 View Post
                        I still can't upload photos, is this going to be fixed?
                        If you mean uploading photos to the ulmf, for creating your own gallery, then I can't help, as I don't care and generally we already know how that ended - with all images mingled in one folder. There are so many sites dedicated strictly for uploading/managing images (like imgur) that it makes it just pointless. Not to mention, easier on ulmf server.
                        But, if we are talking just about adding image to a post, then you have two options:
                        Code:
                        Click on reply, click that underscore A that's between paste icon and happy emoji. (Advanced editor)
                        Find icon that looks like image, click it, in 'url' paste image link (make sure whole link ends with .png/.jpg/other image extension).
                        Turn off: "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" (just below url)
                        Code:
                        [IMG] [/IMG]
                        Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                        Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                        鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Hello, probably off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this query. How can I edit my signature, I am sure I managed to do it before. But now I don't find how.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do it
                          Try my game on Newgrounds: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/700851
                          ULMF Thread: http://www.ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hen...ion-platformer
                          Dev blog: tlazolcreations.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tlazol View Post
                            Hello, probably off-topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this query. How can I edit my signature, I am sure I managed to do it before. But now I don't find how.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do it
                            How do I edit my signature?

You can set and change your signature by going to your username in the upper right corner > click to get the drop down > select User Settings. On that page, select the Account tab and then go down to the area that says "Conversation Detail Options". On the right side, you will see the option "Edit Post Signature". If you click that link, you will get a popup editor that will allow you to enter/edit your signature.
                            https://ulmf.org/help#account_overvi..._signature_new

Comment

Dragon248 Thank you very much.
                              Try my game on Newgrounds: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/700851
                              ULMF Thread: http://www.ulmf.org/forum/hentai/hen...ion-platformer
                              Dev blog: tlazolcreations.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X