What's new

VNR has stopped working

jadorel

Reputation score
Hello all, I need some advice. My VNR refuses to translate RPG Maker games for me anymore. It will hook into the game and show the sidebar, but no longer translates. Can anyone with experience with the program offer some advice? Thanks.

Edit: I just tested it again, it appears to work for some games, but not for others. Both games I just tried are using the version of RPG Maker that is the Dragon so Im not sure whats causing it.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: VNR has stopped working

Hello all, I need some advice. My VNR refuses to translate RPG Maker games for me anymore. It will hook into the game and show the sidebar, but no longer translates. Can anyone with experience with the program offer some advice? Thanks.

Edit: I just tested it again, it appears to work for some games, but not for others. Both games I just tried are using the version of RPG Maker that is the Dragon so Im not sure whats causing it.
Yo! Welcome out from the lurk... ;)
For future reference, there is a thread called Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!) in the hentai games subforum - this looks like a question which would be probably better asked there. Would certainly get more exposure.

Anyhow: maybe it is something as basic as changing the monitored thread in VNR's Text Settings (from the Menu, on the Sidebar). Don't forget to save after changing the settings (that is, after finding the correct thread with the actual dialogue in it and making it to be the one monitored by VNR)!
Also, reading up on VNR's FAQ page might help.

OP
J

jadorel

Reputation score
Re: VNR has stopped working

Been using this thing for years and never knew about that text settings menu. Checked it out and found the right dialog lines and that fixed the issue. Should have read that FAQ.

Thanks for the advice!